Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Underrail: The Incline Awakens

Tygrende

Arbiter
There's no slug ammo though. Only shells with 20/12/6/3 pellets. Let's just say Aimed Shot might not be the best pick for a shotgun build.

Unwanted

Elephantman

Unwanted
How are pellets even balanced? Seems to be impossibru!

By different damage values? So that you have to carry one shotgun vs armored enemies with low pellet count and one vs unarmored with lots of pellets?

Does the Expertise bonus of +1 mech dmg/level apply to each pellet in the 20 pellet shell? Or not apply at all since shells are not bullets?

Tygrende

Arbiter
By different damage values? So that you have to carry one shotgun vs armored enemies with low pellet count and one vs unarmored with lots of pellets?
They're ammo types, so no, you don't have to carry different shotguns. Not for this reason at least.

Does the Expertise bonus of +1 mech dmg/level apply to each pellet in the 20 pellet shell? Or not apply at all since shells are not bullets?
The latter.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Hey Styg ,will there be a way to start the expansion without replaying most of the game? Like just starting out in the new part of the game with exp for15-20 levels and some decent equipment.

hell bovine

Arcane
Google has failed me: will the additional content & levels from the expansion make my toon overpowered for deep caverns, or does the endgame get an upgrade too? Or is the expansion meant for after deep caverns?
epeli - since you are the resident expert :)

Biscotti

Arbiter
Patron
It has been stated numerous times that Expedition is meant to be a mid-game expansion, and that the DC did not receive any kind of overhaul. (Yet?)

Styg

Stygian Software
Developer
Hey Styg ,will there be a way to start the expansion without replaying most of the game? Like just starting out in the new part of the game with exp for15-20 levels and some decent equipment.
No. Don't you think I would have mentioned that by now if it was?

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Ahhh,you could have and i could have miss it,nothing wrong with asking. So which is the area that you start with the expedition,the core station?

Styg

Stygian Software
Developer
Ahhh,you could have and i could have miss it,nothing wrong with asking. So which is the area that you start with the expedition,the core station?
Yep. But access to Core City is not enough, you'll need to make a name for yourself before they'll take you on.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Yep. But access to Core City is not enough, you'll need to make a name for yourself before they'll take you on.
Now the big question. How is it going on with the romance part of the game,can you seduce a death stalker at this point?

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Is a melee build possible without any consumptives? How do you get the death stalkers with a melee? Their stunt is annoying.

Sykar

Arcane
Now the big question. How is it going on with the romance part of the game,can you seduce a death stalker at this point?

2313334_0.jpg

Ent

Savant
Is a melee build possible without any consumptives? How do you get the death stalkers with a melee? Their stunt is annoying.
Motion tracking googles and bear traps are what helped me deal with death stalkers as a melee. There is usually an audio queue when entering an area that tips you off to stealthed enemies being present you can set up a trap perimeter around you to then deal with them. It also helped that I had a pretty decent dodge score when I was dealing with them.

Goromorg

Savant
So, no changes to Deep Caverns with installed expansion? I was hoping for some extra challenge there, that would push 30 lvl characters to their limits.

I'll probably start as a psycho psion, something like THAT.

Big thanks for your struggle, Styg and Co! You are the true bringers of incline!

Jinn

Arcane
Death stalkers are easily one of the most annoying enemies I've encountered in an RPG ever. I like that they mix things up, but I don't like that they can appear suddenly, hit you several times, leave you a poisoned, stunned mess that can't even use medicine to recuperate, then disappear again for another turn before doing the same thing. Downright infuriating at times and one of my few major complaints with the game.

Goromorg

Savant
Death stalkers are a very rare example of the ambushing enemy done right in a video game.

Jinn, what's your character build?

jungl

Augur
I seen lot of people complain about death stalkers but at most you encounter 3 at a time. Put on any cheap metal armor and they trivial. Dudes with crossbows with unique bolts I found particularly annoying but there few in the game.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom