Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Monster Hunter World - G-rank edition. Now on PC.

sullynathan

Arcane
Anyone here will play Iceborne on PS4 or you're all waiting for the PC version? Wonder if it's been delayed so people won't just data mine the game files...
If I'm playing it, it will be on the PS4, but I'll likely not play at release.

mogwaimon

Magister
fucking January!? Goddammit Capcom. I mean they know exactly what they're doing but now PC is gonna be months behind again.

Valky

Arcane
Manlet
I haven't played this because I refused to play half a game, so a little longer wait for Iceborne isn't that bad. I'll probably end up waiting more since there will be post Iceborne dlc quests and new monsters added.

Will it be likely that some of the new monsters added in Iceborne will show up in a bunch of new standard guild/caravan quests in low/high rank and not just g rank? It looks like more large monsters than were in the base game at this point and I don't want to have to wait until g rank to get to all of them.

Perkel

Arcane
Bigger even considering that G rank is half the game so you would be missing that with the 3ds version?

MHXX is on 3DS which is Ultimate version with G-rank. MHXX is japanese only but you can apply GU english patch which will translate everything into english from official switch MHGU version.

i guess hoping for simultaneous release is too far fetched : (

At this point it is idiotic to assume they actually want PC to meet console version. This is probably next rockstar garbage strategy. Make people double dip and protect first few months from pirates.

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
The timed events only quest is the dumbest thing they do in otherwise good game.

Same with the new hitman games.

In a perfect world, maybe but alot of reasons can make people easily miss out on them, then just forget about it the next time they appear.

Perkel

Arcane
The timed events only quest is the dumbest thing they do in otherwise good game.
Same with the new hitman games.
In a perfect world, maybe but alot of reasons can make people easily miss out on them, then just forget about it the next time they appear.

Welcome to new game model where games are not released but live experiences.
Either way those timed quest were annoying mostly because base game needs way more content and they were effectively holding back content.

With G-rank you will not have time to think about such timed quests. I barely even touched MH4U dlc quests as i spend nearly 300h+ with it. I just didn't have time for them.

Valky

Arcane
Manlet
Umbassa mod makers:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1aAY7I9rNNrt02NaF32ckBSeC3M5pfPgG

link to all online only quests as mods. Currently i don't have game installed but this is effectively all online timed quests. All extream versions etc. + all extra quests giving timed stuff.
Holy fuck that is great. Basically the one thing needed besides g rank.
Also I just found out about the new layered armor feature in world. Probably the nicest sounding quality of life improvement since item sets in 4.

mogwaimon

Magister
I'm hype af for Iceborne right about now, for some reason MHW is one of those games I can just keep coming back to and playing. But, pro tip for others like me who don't want to wait for PC release, just keep in mind that going from PC to, say, Xbox, is like smearing fucking vasoline all over your screen. Maybe some of you splurged and got the Xbox One X instead of upgrading the GPU in your PC like a sensible PC master race gamer, but my Xbox One S looks like dog shit compared to PC.

I guess maybe I'm just spoiled from the days where they actually bothered to make games look halfway decent on the platforms it was made for and then scale it up for the PC, or from the days where we had a whole new console whenever a hardware upgrade came out and not these pansy-ass milk the customer incremental upgrades that adds a stick of RAM and +200 mhz processor for 500 bucks. But I'm also a consumer whore who doesn't want to wait until January to go weeb on monsters with the new iai slash on the longsword....

Anyways, Gamescom is starting tomorrow. So far we've got Nargacuga, Glavenus, and Tigrex confirmed 100%, with Brachydios hinted at in the Glavenus trailer and Zinogre maybe 'leaked' on a cookie of all things, so it's looking like it's gonna be a great expansion because all of those monsters are fun as hell to fight (Except maybe Glavenus, he's the only one I haven't fought in a previous MH game before of the ones I listed). Hopefully we'll also get confirmation of layered armor on all sets now too instead of just a select few.

To clarify for Valky, they actually had 'layered armor' in Gen/XX on all armors, IIRC, but in World only a few sets of armor were able to be layered and were earned from event quests, seasonal events, and endgame content. Rumor mill is saying that system will be reworked and every armor can be layered now but that hasn't been confirmed yet, and it's especially unknown what will happen with the old layered armor sets...

Valky

Arcane
Manlet
That's nice. It was always a bit of a letdown in 3 and 4 that I couldn't wear some of the really really cool designs because they were just awful.
I'm guessing that Brachidios, Zinogre, Seregios, and Gore Magala are going to be in since they were all on the flagship poster. Also Lagiacrus(?)

CyberModuled

Arbiter
Gotta say as this being my first MH game, I'm really excited to see what it's equivalent G-Rank (master rank in this case I guess) has to offer. I didn't even get to rank 100 but honestly got kind of burnt out from playing it at nearly 300 hours even with all the cool events and arch-tempered monsters were always sucked (especially with how it's basically impossible to do online unless you're properly coordinated with the three other players due to the health increase).

I'm hype af for Iceborne right about now, for some reason MHW is one of those games I can just keep coming back to and playing. But, pro tip for others like me who don't want to wait for PC release, just keep in mind that going from PC to, say, Xbox, is like smearing fucking vasoline all over your screen. Maybe some of you splurged and got the Xbox One X instead of upgrading the GPU in your PC like a sensible PC master race gamer, but my Xbox One S looks like dog shit compared to PC.
Just a theory of mine, but that might just be from the excess of FXAA as that's a bad habit of Capcom. Regardless though, I'm just amazed at how poorly optimized the game is across the board when it's using MT Framework which has stuff like DMC4 and Dead Rising run buttery smooth in the past.

mogwaimon

Magister
Lagiacrus is the only one that has been hard deconfirmed so far of the ones you mentioned, they still haven't figured out his skeleton supposedly. Valfalk (The jet dragon that was recently added into MH with GU/XX) was soft deconfirmed because I guess one of the devs said that they were trying to allow people to experience the history of MH through Iceborne and that Glavenus was the rep for Gen/GenU, but who knows if that will hold? Plus we're supposed to get more monsters through DLC again so unless they blow two slots on collabs again we may see them down the line.

Cyber, you've got a point. Seems like MT Framework looks and plays smooth on console if it's got a cartoony/semi-real style like early DR, DMC4, the Resident Evils 5-6...but if they go realistic like Dead Rising 3 or MHW then they hit performance issues and start overusing that FXAA. Guess it's a flaw with the engine? Also they're reworking multiplayer scaling so that it dynamically scales if players leave the room and there's a new 'tier' of scaling for 2 players, so it'll be easier to duo at least.

Valky

Arcane
Manlet
That skeleton and animation looks like it was taken from Alatreon. I hope that doesn't mean Alatreon is back, fuck that thing. It gave me more trouble than the event abyssal lagiacrus solo.

CyberModuled

Arbiter
Cyber, you've got a point. Seems like MT Framework looks and plays smooth on console if it's got a cartoony/semi-real style like early DR, DMC4, the Resident Evils 5-6...but if they go realistic like Dead Rising 3 or MHW then they hit performance issues and start overusing that FXAA. Guess it's a flaw with the engine? Also they're reworking multiplayer scaling so that it dynamically scales if players leave the room and there's a new 'tier' of scaling for 2 players, so it'll be easier to duo at least.
Oh man, I completely forgot about Dead Rising 3 being a thing. But yeah, your connection makes a lot of sense along with how old the engine is in general, MHW is probably the thing on its last legs overall. Does make me wonder what they're going to do in the long run once they want to make a new next gen MH game once World's popularity dries up. RE Engine would be cool but I can only imagine how long it'd take for them to have to re-model monsters again.

Also good to hear about that multiplayer tweaking. Hard for me to get some of my friends together for 4 player hunting due to different time zones.

Perkel

Arcane
??
They just need to update rendering pipeline of MHW rather than replacing engine.
And it is not like engine is not performant.
It is people who use ultra that are idiots as game loads LOD0 everywhere and anihilates their rigs.

If you switch to medium which scales back LOD a bit it performs way better. I on my i5-3570K and GTX980 don't have any issues holding 60fps @ 1080p

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
RGB monster catfish thing. looks cute
vAntpxH.jpg

mogwaimon

Magister
??
They just need to update rendering pipeline of MHW rather than replacing engine.
And it is not like engine is not performant.
It is people who use ultra that are idiots as game loads LOD0 everywhere and anihilates their rigs.

If you switch to medium which scales back LOD a bit it performs way better. I on my i5-3570K and GTX980 don't have any issues holding 60fps @ 1080p

Sadly there are no graphics settings on console, dude, which is what we were talking about. My PC runs MHW on ultra like a boss, but I'm slumming it on Xbone to prep for Iceborne and the graphics are fucking terrible. I wouldn't mind so much if it were just the textures looking awful, that I can deal with, but everything is super blurry and frames drop like mad

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom