Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Party Creation games

AliceAlcina

Learned
Anyone knows about games where you create your whole party from scratch at the very beginning like in Icewind series, Storm of Zehir, TOEE?
I must be published past 2000.

On another note, if you can't think of any games with party creation other that already mentioned, you can list games that
1) have party management
2) have class based system that allows to manipulate your party class and skills, like in above games. Classless system will never be equal to class based, so Divinity games do not count.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Antharion
Low Magic Age

I'll add Blackgaurds too. It's good enough to be mentioned.

I would have recommended Darkest Dungeons but I hate the RNG in that game.

You could always check out Battle Brothers, but it's more Tactical than RPG, if that's fine with you.

Lords of Xulima is also quite good, but I haven't finished it.

Both Expeditions: Conquistador and Expeditions: Viking are also cool. I think the Codex prefer Viking, but I liked Conquistador a lot.

Last edited:

CryptRat

Arcane
Developer
Knights of the chalice is the game you're looking for in case you've not played it yet. I thought Voidspire Tactics was fun too, didn't like Antharion as much but it's not horrible either. There are also the Avernum remakes but I've not played the games.

Butter

Arcane
Patron
Grimoire-Heralds-of-the-Winged-Exemplar-Torrent-Download.jpg

Dorateen

Arcane
Pool of Radiance: Ruins of Myth Drannor

It's not a popular choice, but the OP seems to lean toward isometric Dungeons & Dragons. In addition to creating a party of 4 (with 2 more spots for joinable NPCs), it has the benefit of being turn-based.

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
Both Legend of Grimrock games allow you to create a party of four PCs from the outset, and the sequel has more classes and a better skill system than the original.

Mastermind

Cognito Elite Material
Patron
Bethestard
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

It's not a popular choice, but the OP seems to lean toward isometric Dungeons & Dragons. In addition to creating a party of 4 (with 2 more spots for joinable NPCs), it has the benefit of being turn-based.

Isn't that the game that uninstalled windows when you uninstalled it?

Filthy Sauce

Arbiter

Play the game in mp mode (solo) and you can create your full 6 man squad.

Darth Canoli

Arcane
First two already mentioned but i'd add my voice for :
  • KotC : retro graphic combat oriented with isometric view, limited classes and races but extremely good if you like battle focused cRPG
  • Wizardry 8: Blobber with the best character creation ever made and it'll probably take a millennia before it's even matched. (use fastanim + wizfast "speedmods")
  • Any Might & Magic from 3 to 8; i know you said from 2000 and onward but still, they're amazing (M&M 6 from 1998, VII from 1999, VIII i'm not sure, probably 2000) and highly playable, all of them; and Might & Magic X
  • Wizards & Warriors (2000) if you liked Wiz 8 and M&M series and want more (NPC animations in the city gets on my nerves)

Last edited:

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

Isn't that the game that uninstalled windows when you uninstalled it?

The problem was that the publisher didn't allow the devs to push the release date back so they had to rush things. And they didn't manage to properly polish the installer, so a couple of bugs crawled in.

One bug was that the installer didn't allow you to install to any drive other than C, the default system drive. Also, if you installed the game in any other folder than the default install folder (so let's say the default folder is C:/Program Files/Ruins of Myth Drannor, but you changed it to C:/Games/Ruins of Myth Drannor), and then decided to uninstall the game, the uninstaller would become confused because it would assume the default install folder as the location of the game. Since you chose a custom install folder instead, the uninstaller can't find any of the game files where it expects to find them.

So the uninstaller goes back all the way to the root directory of C and starts erasing. That's how people fucked their OS installs by trying to uninstall the game.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom