Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline What's the most evil thing you have done in an RPG?

Swigen

Arbiter
In Far Cry 5 I couldn’t lure the cougar into her cage with the meat or whatever so I shot her then kicked her til her corpse landed in said cage to get the “mission complete”.
:cool:

Darth Canoli

Arcane
Forgot about this one, in Fallout 2 (i think), i couldn't kill the knights of the round table on the first encounter, even after trying to plant armed explosives in their backpacks, hiding and sniping them from afar (mid-level party against fully armored motherfuckers).

So i waited for the second encounter when they fight against the vorpal rat or something (almost invincible and deadly ***********) and while they're all busy, i went full retard on them, turbo plasma, Gatling laser, rocket launcher and pancor ...

Of course, i upgraded a bit my armors and weaponry in the meantime.

A lot of nice weapons and ammunition to loot ...

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Fallout 2

put dynamite in my (empty) inventory then walk past through some doors (shops) to solve issue with missing money

Last edited:

Saduj

Arcane
Traveled from town to town accepting murder contracts, using the unverified claims of the people soliciting a stranger to commit murder as my moral justification. Sometimes, I wouldn't even ask for compensation and would kill just for the experience of it.

howlingFantods

Learned
In runescape (first mmo that I played in elementary school to middle school), I had a nice thing going on this tropical island. I dressed up as one of the natives (voodoo-like mask and some rags) and waited for unsuspecting victims to explore the island and inevitably get poisoned by the natives.

I swoop in and say “oh my gosh, we got to get you the antidote my man, follow me!” So I take them even further from any kind of escape all the while assuring them that the antidote is just around the corner. At some point they realize what’s happening, stop following me and start running away. I run after them until they ultimately succumb to the poison and loot their stuff. I got a surprising amount of money and rune armor this way.

thesecret1

Arcane
Does it count if the act is mandated by main storyline and unavoidable? Because if it does, then Rance 4.1 with Operation Pervert Bird is a clear winner. Only read onwards if you don't mind spoilers and savage NTR.

Bird is an archetypical good guy who is horrified by Rance's deeds, proceeds to try scolding Rance over it or even challenge him to a fight, which tends to annoy Rance. This time, Bird entered the same dungeon as Rance with a pretty girl. Stuff happens and Bird with his girl fall into a pit trap, with no means of escape. Emotional due to the severity of the situation, they confess love to each other and kiss. Unbeknownst to them, Rance sees this, as he happens to be at the edge of the pit (I think there's was a secret escape route from the pit that Rance knew of, or something along those lines). Rance is pissed as hell, as he wants to fuck the girl himself. Rance has a robot companion that can perfectly mimic voices. The plan is as follows:
1. Robot companion will silently knock out Bird with a non-lethal arrow
2. Girl's inexperience with romance will cause her to act shyly and keep her eyes closed long enough for Rance to enter the pit and take Bird's place
3. Using the robot's ability to flawlessly mimic any other person's voice, Rance will have it instruct the girl in Bird's voice to put on a blindfold (he claims blindfolded sex is his fetish).
4. With his identity now perfectly concealed, Rance will use his most brutal erotic maneuvers on the girl, all under the guise of being Bird.
5. After the girl has been sufficiently bullied by hardcore sex (which she thoroughly hated), Rance and the robot will silently exit the scene, leaving Bird as the obvious culprit.
6. The girl is utterly disgusted by Bird and leaves (through the secret path Rance left open behind him) her still unconscious companion behind. She later falls in love with Rance, who makes a point to remind her how terrible Bird was.

PulsatingBrain

Huge and Ever-Growing
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath
I tend to make the morally "good" choices most of the time, but during my Legion run in New Vegas I brought the wrong person out the front of the motel for Boone to shoot, and so ended the life of an innocent person and let the real perpetrator go free.

Ranarama

Learned
I never play as evil, and if I ever do actions labelled as evil they were always fully justified.

Like installing a mod to kill that town of kids in Fallout 3.

Beastro

Arcane
RojnlR.gif

Basement dungeon was funner watching them cry and piss themselves as they starved to death.

Annoyed me in Sim 1 having a baby and putting him up on the second story, removing the staircase and setting him on fire. Bloody CPS woman got through everything to take him like she was T-1000. :argh:

Last edited:

oldmanpaco

Master of Siestas
In my first run of FO:NV I disconnected House from his network but left him alive to spend eternity in isolation. Felt bad.

All around very impressive works of evil documented here. I have another one from Pillars of Eternity.

I met this man named Dalton who said he was hearing the voice of his long-dead lover coming from the catacombs of the city. I went exploring there and found an necromancer animancer who told me he has trapped the soul of the woman inside an amulet. I killed him and took it for myself. Then I returned to Dalton and told him that he was just imagining things. He gave me his old war club and told me that he is old and has lived way past his time... so I proceeded to beat him to death with his own weapon, all the while donning the amulet imprisoning his lover's soul around my neck.

I'm not debating whether i should keep the item for novelty's sake or just pawn it off.

So many to choose from. I had a particularly grand time on a PW NWN server with hardcore rules. I played as an evil cleric (of Talos) and was not only one of the most powerful characters on the server, but the primary villain.

I would charge fees for "safaris" into very dangerous parts of the game. They expected healing to be part of the bargain, but it wasn't. I'd throw them to the deep end, then ruthlessly extract exorbitant fees for every healing. I misguided a Paladin into killing an innocent man, causing him to fall. After converting a goodly warrior by initiating him through the murder of a tavern, I then sacrificed him to Talos with Call Lightning. He went to hell, lol. Misdirected a group of adventurers into a canyon full of wyvern nests, then plundered their corpses. Would layway difficult to reach town gates and charge a fee for passage--or else. Prevented an innocent man from getting rescued from a Kobold's lair because he was witness to illegal weapons smuggling. Good times.

madbringer

Arcane
The cucks who design RPGs give out more xp and better loot for "good deeds", so...

Moral absolutism is something that consistently pisses me off in games. Geneforge series and KotOR 2 might be the rare examples where being "evil" doesn't carry inherent mechanical penalties.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom