Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Disco Elysium Pre-Release Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Art imitates life imitates art
Sure,but art is ambiguous thing as it is rpgs :). So what is art? Art is a contrast to life,not an imitation of it. Hardship and struggle do bring beauty in the hands of artist,prosperity and piece brings.....well modern art.
Oh no, let’s not go down that road. I’ve been through too many artschools for that. Viva la state funded higher education.
Do hope you decide to stay on the codex after the game's launch. I do like you mate :). Still you are missing out on that hidden path in the deep woods of society. Also state funded education is nice,it is shame that the west is too greedy can't do it because muh free market.

just

Liturgist
here's a marketing strategy
slip to resetera that you can rp as a fascist
very problematic, twitter crusade in 3sec, moments later you're on reddit -> tons of free exposure.
to fuel shit even further put that trans flag in. then remove it. than put it back in.
thats like 1 week of top reddit posts, 4 kotaku articles and 200 page threads on various forums.

vortex

Fabulous Optimist
Fifth area could be forest further into the mainland.:M

here's a marketing strategy
slip to resetera that you can rp as a fascist
very problematic, twitter crusade in 3sec, moments later you're on reddit -> tons of free exposure.
to fuel shit even further put that trans flag in. then remove it. than put it back in.
thats like 1 week of top reddit posts, 4 kotaku articles and 200 page threads on various forums.

Do people really care about this stuff? Maybe a handful of social media consumers.
For a lot of people this is just a noise in the information pool.

CappenVarra

phase-based phantasmist
Patron
i'll buy this just for the unique opportunity to play an addict loser that still manages to win the day (and the interest-piqueing character/inventory system)

normie

️‍
Patron
Zionist Agent
Insert Title Here
I do hope that all the racism/nazies in the game are not the typical sjw garbage of "muh nazies bad" and actually let you roleplay as one. soo Kasparov which one is it?
What I think about nazis and what you can do in the game are two different things.

Bold words, but we shall see.

On a different tack, I tend to agree with Citizen, Citizen, and Citizen: Your PR material is a little too self-congratulatory, verging on autofellatio—though falling well short of John Romero levels of ego, since you're only sucking your own cocks, and not proclaiming that everyone else should do the sucking for you.
Robert Kurvitz is about to make you his bitch. Suck it down.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
I do hope that all the racism/nazies in the game are not the typical sjw garbage of "muh nazies bad" and actually let you roleplay as one. soo Kasparov which one is it?
What I think about nazis and what you can do in the game are two different things.

Bold words, but we shall see.

On a different tack, I tend to agree with Citizen, Citizen, and Citizen: Your PR material is a little too self-congratulatory, verging on autofellatio—though falling well short of John Romero levels of ego, since you're only sucking your own cocks, and not proclaiming that everyone else should do the sucking for you.
Robert Kurvitz is about to make you his bitch. Suck it down.
It looks like a friend of mine,the difference is that my friend have black hair. Tho he is also communist.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
"If I can't play a character who represents my specific political and/or social philosophy I'm gonna cry" Hmmmm, where have I heard this before?
You sound like a star citizen cultist mate. Chill, a simple question won't destroy the game for you. Ahhh people like you do know how to poison a conversation.

Deleted Member 16721

This game is gonna break new ground, I can't wait. This might become my new favorite CRPG. So many roleplaying opportunities and neat mechanics.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
The reason I'll buy this is that it seems different enough to give a try. This doesn't have much to do with potential quality, though. It could be hit or miss. Still, it's worth giving a shot.

Also, I did check based on one of my previous comments. I have bought anything day one or at full price in 2019. Probably the reason why I have managed to reduce the size of my backlog significantly.

frajaq

Erudite
I'm curious about how the benefits/penalties of low skill values work, do they have separate checks for them?

A low Half Light, strangely enough, makes you both less aggressive and less afraid. In a way braver.

Have too little of Empathy and you turn into an ungainly beast who is unable to read basic social circumstances and may or may not be forced to become a virulent… well, let’s just say, you may not have as much control over some of your politics as you’d like.

Authority is perhaps the craziest skill to have little of. Yell at teenagers, start crying while you’re angry, verbally abuse your partner to no avail.

normie

️‍
Patron
Zionist Agent
Insert Title Here
It looks like a friend of mine,the difference is that my friend have black hair. Tho he is also communist.
o9Jdxzj.png

PrK

Savant
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture
Your PR material is a little too self-congratulatory, verging on autofellatio—though falling well short of John Romero levels of ego, since you're only sucking your own cocks, and not proclaiming that everyone else should do the sucking for you.

It shows extreme confidence and that is admirable, and if their claims are even half true they should find a way to one-up Romero, this game is going to be a classic one way or another.

Deleted Member 16721

A classic indeed. I'm incredibly hyped for it, and it will be fun comparing stories from a bunch of different cops on the forum.

Deleted Member 16721

I just want to be an alcoholic, drug-using weirdo schizo prophet for some coming of aliens cult and I'll be happy. Drugs, booze, women (you get a girlfriend at the start, right?), and weird personality traits.

Deleted Member 16721

The real question is if you can totally avoid being a drunk miserable fuck, because it seems pretty well baked in

True. I imagine they made a clean-cut run, though, if you use the right stats and personality traits, you can probably avoid the miserable personality IMO.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom