Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

World of Darkness Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines 2 from Hardsuit Labs

TheImplodingVoice

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
The more I see of VTMB 2 the more I regret ever hoping for a sequel. Least we still have VTMB 1 which will also be awesome. I hope we never get an Arcanum sequel either. Be careful what you wish for.
I don't agree. VTMB was so much better than 99% of RPGs that even a sequel that is 75% as good is still worthy of playing.

I made a spelling mistake. Least we still have VTMB 1 which will also be awesome I meant always instead of also.

You can make a good sequel with everything that the previous game had and even better. But often times turn out "soulless" and lacks something without being able to what made the previous game so good. Will the writing be as good? Sure Mitsoda is doing the writing. But having to run it by the PC police is what will strip the soul away from what made VTMB 1 great.
Or maybe VTMB is the pinnacle of their creative power and effort and everything they can achieve later is just trying to get close. Maybe expecting them to be able to achieve that level of greatness is futile.
Many creatives in many fields achieve their best works earlier and then are never able to reach it again.

My point is that maybe you just need to manage your expectations better.
You're right. Maybe I'm creating an expectation that will never be matched. I'll be happy if VTMB 2 is good / excellent.

Herumor

Scholar
The factions presented so far seem bland as fuck. Camarilla and Anarchs were to be expected, sure, but these Pioneers and Newcomers just seem pointless. The former could be simply seen as part of the Camarilla, the latter as Anarchs.

Has there even been a hint of a joinable Sabbat-like faction?

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I think it's cool that the game has "local" factions and it's not just Camarilla, Sabbat and Anarchs, like global fast food franchises that have somehow always been in power everywhere.

The Pioneers as an older more genteel elite vs the more modern corporate Camarilla is a good use of the Toreador and Ventrue clan stereotypes.

jungl

Augur
with all these factions u can potentially backstab. There should be a ending if you make too many enemies they all get together and be like "hey lets kill this dummy". Too many rpgs about power fantasy would be nice to see some realism.

Nifft Batuff

Prophet
All of that is interesting, however factions here factions there, factions up, factions down, in the end factions are boring. Better focus on the individuals.

HansDampf

Arcane
All those faction reveals are
tldr.png
. The game should speak for itself.

Wesp5

Arcane
Instead of faction reveals they should post some screenshots, preferably with character stat screen and inventory.

That would be interesting indeed, but as with Outer Worlds and Cyberpunk developers nowadays seem to believe that this is of too little interest to the press.
But speaking of the factions, on Planet Vampire a theory was made that each faction is connected to a clan and you need to choose one to raise to full blood:

Pioneers - Toreador
Camarilla - Ventrue
Baron - Malkavian
Newcomers - Tremere
? - Brujah

DLC:
? - Nosferatu
? - Gangrel

santino27

Arcane
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Instead of faction reveals they should post some screenshots, preferably with character stat screen and inventory.

But stat screens and inventory are useless to potential fan fic writers and cosplayers, who are, of course, the primary demographic they appear to be chasing.

Which... I guess makes it fairly true to the source material.

Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire

That would be interesting indeed, but as with Outer Worlds and Cyberpunk developers nowadays seem to believe that this is of too little interest to the press.
But speaking of the factions, on Planet Vampire a theory was made that each faction is connected to a clan and you need to choose one to raise to full blood:

Pioneers - Toreador
Camarilla - Ventrue
Baron - Malkavian
Newcomers - Tremere
? - Brujah

DLC:
? - Nosferatu
? - Gangrel
That'd be decline indeed!

My guess is, that Baron is the Brujah faction btw.

Zer0wing

Cipher
I saw this game on last Igromir. They also were afraid of video capturing.
O6ibCHz.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom