Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Emulation central - recommendations in 1st post

I'll just stick to games with actual human translations or just have moon runes and not know what any of it says.

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
oh, btw, LOST ODYSSEY runs at fullspeed for me on the most recent Xenia Canary build. I'm on i5 8400 / gtx 1060.

There was some slight sound skipping during the very first encounter but that was probably because it was stitched into the introductory cutscene (actually pretty cool effect how it transitions back and forth).

you can get latest Xenia canary here: https://ci.appveyor.com/api/buildjobs/cdq18u7b2l0g5esa/artifacts/xenia-canary.zip

I tried running it at 2x resolution but, alas, performance tanked to 15-17fps (fullspeed for this game = 30fps, though menus are in 60fps).

I played the first hour or so, seems like a very well-made game with lots of polish. I'll come back to it in a year or so when the xenia emu is better performing and i can run it at a higher resolution; standard rez sux ass.

Duraframe300

Arcane
oh, btw, LOST ODYSSEY runs at fullspeed for me on the most recent Xenia Canary build. I'm on i5 8400 / gtx 1060.

There was some slight sound skipping during the very first encounter but that was probably because it was stitched into the introductory cutscene (actually pretty cool effect how it transitions back and forth).

you can get latest Xenia canary here: https://ci.appveyor.com/api/buildjobs/cdq18u7b2l0g5esa/artifacts/xenia-canary.zip

I tried running it at 2x resolution but, alas, performance tanked to 15-17fps (fullspeed for this game = 30fps, though menus are in 60fps).

I played the first hour or so, seems like a very well-made game with lots of polish. I'll come back to it in a year or so when the xenia emu is better performing and i can run it at a higher resolution; standard rez sux ass.

It's fantastic. Ranks among my favourite JRPG's. You will also probably break the shit out of its systems as the game goes forward, but thats another story...

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
So I tried to setup the Retroarch AI Translation (using Z translate) and stuff actually worked...

If not for the fact that the emulator immediately crashes after displaying the english text-over

A tired using the GBA and N64 core (there are only 1 each I think from the sever), both crashed all the same.

Anybody know whats wrong?

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Additionally I can't see Beetle cores for Retorarcxh from its cores download list.

Where can I get it?

flyingjohn

Arcane
Additionally I can't see Beetle cores for Retorarcxh from its cores download list.

Where can I get it?
For both of your issues try updating retroarch(or just making afresh install) or changing your graphic driver in retroarch from vulkan to opengl.

If that doesn't work then i can provide you with a link to the cores and see what i can find about retoarch config and web links which are probably the problem.

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron

Where can I get it?
For both of your issues try updating retroarch(or just making afresh install) or changing your graphic driver in retroarch from vulkan to opengl.

If that doesn't work then i can provide you with a link to the cores and see what i can find about retoarch config and web links which are probably the problem.

The AI translation actually works if I only use Ztranslate (10000 calls limit/month). I am trying to setup the VG Translate one with Google API (25000 characters per day), but when I try to using VG Translate on my game the emulator crashed.

Making fresh installs works for PSX one. Playing SRW 2 Complete Box and because the game was story light the machine translation is somewhat OK vs AGTP SRW 2 translation for the SNES game. Sentences are fucked but at the very least you get a clear context about what people are doing.

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
it took me a while to learn to use RetroArch UI but it was worth it.

I'm not exaggerating right now when I say: RetroArch has the worst UI ever designed. I know they're trying to copy the Playstation UI but they did it wrong.

Anyone who says they can't use RA because of the UI, I would not try to convince them otherwise. It's horrible. It doesn't even explain to you how to open a core's working menu while you're playing (you have to press F1), and pressing the cancel button doesn't back you out of said menu, you have to manually scroll back into the working menu if you accidentally back out of it and then choose Resume.

It is truly, TRULY one of the worst UIs I've ever seen for any computer program. Still, it's the only option one has if you want to use the best N64 and PS1 emulators, and it's also the only option one has if you want to use a good CRT shader.

It's a bad situation :/

Hirato

Purse-Owner
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Yeah, Retroarch's UI is complete AIDS.
A tip I'll give you is to press F5 - It'll make it popup an interface that's significantly more usable and PC centric, so you can at least configure it without the absolute ass cancer than is the standard retroarch UI.

BLOBERT

FUCKING SLAYINGN IT BROS
Patron
Codex 2012
BROS QUESTION

DOES DOLPHIN RUN ROGUE LEADER GOOD

LAST TIME I TRIED I COULDNT USE THE TARGETING COMPUTDT

Puukko

Arcane
Last I checked it's only good for Mario and BOTW. SMTV is years away anyway so I'm sure it'll be mature by then, though.

:dealwithit:

PrettyDeadman

Wil Ryzen 5 3600 be good enough for emulation?
I am talking about YUZU, CEMU, CITRA, XENIA and RPCS3.
I am planning to build something like this, but with ryzen 3600:

PrettyDeadman

can wii u emulator run bayonetta 2 yet?
Specs: GTX 970, Ryzen 5 3600, 16gb Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000mhz.
1080p with 2x shadow resolution:
7Qc7J6h.png

2k (downslaced to 1080p) with 4x shadow resolution:
TCw6ajC.png

Stable 60 fps.
Can't finish that part though...

Last edited by a moderator:

Jonathan "Zee Nekomimi

Hoarder of loli kats./ Funny ^._.^= ∫
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Hello my bros, i am having problems with my citra emulator, for some unknown reason, when i try running a game from the emulator program it lags, but when i launch straight from the room is running just fine. Version of citra is:
unknown.png

Hirato

Purse-Owner
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I saw a bug report on RPCS3 that mentioned that the guy had a much better performance when any emulator windows weren't in focus by the desktop.
He also had an nvidia GPU and a intel CPU without a tonne of cores - maybe the same nvidia windows driver bug applies to you and citra?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom