Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Diablo IV

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Was this posted? Cba to check

bdbnu01c05w31.jpg

That is ludicrous. Did they REALLY managed to dumb down the Diablo IV itemization more than D3???? That is seriously???? Is not a Photoshop?
What's the difference to D3?
Yes, I did play the game, many moons ago, but forgot everything about it other than "it was boring"...

SumDrunkGuy

So paladin being dark skinned in D2 was fine but not barb in D4. Was paladin in D2 auch KANGZ N SHIATZ? :roll:

Yes, yes he was. Even as a kid i thought that was fucking stupid.

Of course, it didn't matter because with a couple of armor pieces you could just hide the niggerness away.

Not anymore though.

You can literally change skin color in this.

Darkzone

Arcane
Funny, from day 1 the diablow series were a king of dumbing down RPGs until nothing RPG remains - and yet apparently they managed to outdo themselves and dumb it down even more? My, that's quite an achievement.
But nobody played it because of RPG reasons. It was / is just a dark and gritty "Hack and Slash" game.

Goldschmidt

Learned
This is gonna shit all over Path of Pretenciousness

They must be cowering in fear right about now.. b.b.b.b.but guys, wot r we gonnnn do???

I very much doubt that. The itemization and character building are dogshit as shown in the Diablo 4 gameplay. There isn't much rpg left in this franchise. The artstyle is much better than it's predecessor and yes gameplay is fluid. A hybrid between Lost Ark and Grim Dawn but for casuals and console peasants.

To say it in Chris Wilson's (GGG - POE) words: No problem. Two weeks!

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
Diablo IV's artistic vision was built using several key pillars:

• Return To Darkness

• Embrace the Legacy

• Old Masters Pillar, which is shorthand for striving to make each part of the new game look like it was painted by a venerated artist such as Rembrandt or Ilya Repin.

Applied to cinematic trailer only. Should have been called 'trailer pillars'.

GrainWetski

Arcane
- skill tree is back
This is wrong. It's a "talent tree". I can almost guarantee that they just moved the "skill customization" from Diablo 3 to its own tab. At best you're looking at a WoW-esque talent tree.

The skills tab is just the same old Diablo 3 categories but with point allocation.

Tehdagah

Arcane
This is literally D3 repurposed for cell phone aspies.

He's a Fortnite window licker. His tiny brain can't process imagery that isn't simple and cartoony.
This isn't about imagery, it's about function. Having distinguishable elements is a very important thing in games, which is why pro players remove the shadows and turn the brightness to the max in shooters. People who don't care about gameplay can't understand this and won't mind muddy visuals where the enemies share the same colour of the environment.

Do you guys not have phones?

Crossing my fingers that Diablo Immortal is dead.
That video I posted last page was released like a 1 hour ago.

This isn't about imagery, it's about function. Having distinguishable elements is a very important thing in games, which is why pro players remove the shadows and turn the brightness to the max in shooters. People who don't care about gameplay can't understand this and won't mind muddy visuals where the enemies share the same colour of the environment.

We get it, you can't follow shit that doesn't have a neon border around it. That's okay.

Gregz

Arcane
Now that this thread reminds me.... is Diablo III worth as a complete time waster bought at the lowest price possible? I mean, merely as something akin to Titan Quest (shut your brain and see stuff die) and the like, or it's actively broken and unfun?

I enjoyed greatly Diablo 1 and 2 for what they were, even if I never "got" the grinding (still prefer Diablo 1, though).

Diablo III takes a very distant back seat to Diablo I & II. Play it if you're bored or curious.

Tehdagah

Arcane

We get it, you can't follow shit that doesn't have a neon border around it. That's okay.
Actually, borders are a great way to create visual feedback.

images

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom