Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Kingmaker - Enhanced Plus Edition - now with turn-based combat

LannTheStupid

Товарищ
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Also, I believe that the combat log clearly shows that the most annoying AoE attack from their alchemist bombs is pure fire damage, so any resist/protection from elements works. The same is true for the wisp in the Old Sycamore; he is dangerous, but all his damage comes from only one source which is electricity.

Efe

Erudite
ii dont think you can clear it at lv2 no matter what..
maybe if you retry enough times to get that golden dice

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
The key to the Wererat fight is the lvl 2 Wererat gives the Lvl 8 one flanking so he can light you up with Sneaks. Kill the lvl 2 one and the lvl 8 one is far less dangerous.

AdamReith

Magister
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is.
The key to the Wererat fight is the lvl 2 Wererat gives the Lvl 8 one flanking so he can light you up with Sneaks. Kill the lvl 2 one and the lvl 8 one is far less dangerous.

Oh, I thought they were all level 8. That's interesting!

Definitely worth a few more tries anyway I think.

Trashos

Arcane
Well, the early game is hard in an unnecessary way. The Spiders are still there. Technic League and Ancient Tomb are no picnic for lvl 2 new players, which they’ll be on the default setting.

The rest of the game requires you to match your available skills and abilities to the weaknesses of the mobs, but those early fights you don’t even have any skills and abilities to match.

They can make a challenging overall game without bum rushing new players.

Thing is, if the developers want to retain the right to be mixing some great challenges into the pot, it is best that they tell the player early: "Here is how it will go, sometimes you are going to confront very tough enemies. Do other stuff first and come back later, if you find them too tough".

So the spider swarms are there to teach the player an important and helpful lesson about the game's design principles.

Desiderius

Patron
Well, the early game is hard in an unnecessary way. The Spiders are still there. Technic League and Ancient Tomb are no picnic for lvl 2 new players, which they’ll be on the default setting.

The rest of the game requires you to match your available skills and abilities to the weaknesses of the mobs, but those early fights you don’t even have any skills and abilities to match.

Thing is, if the developers want to retain the right to be mixing some great challenges into the pot, it is best that they tell the player early: "Here is how it will go, sometimes you are going to confront very tough enemies. Do other stuff first and come back later, if you find them too tough".

So the spider swarms are there to teach the player an important and helpful lesson about the game's design principles.

Well they did the opposite: sent you there on the first quest and implied they could be handled with bombs and torches.

It was a cluster and still plays poorly. Just leave ability damage for later.

Pink Eye

Monk
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture

Well they did the opposite: sent you there on the first quest and implied they could be handled with bombs and torches.

It was a cluster and still plays poorly. Just leave ability damage for later.
Except the swarms are doable. Upon release and pre swarm nerf, I managed to get through them. It's possible.

Desiderius

Patron
Except the swarms are doable. Upon release and pre swarm nerf, I managed to get through them. It's possible.

Unfair without a Bard is doable for you.

Sort of proves my point. I wiped badly first three times I tried and just said - OK, not time to do this one yet, came back later and saw the rewards and made it super low priority for subsequent playthroughs. Good to have stuff like that, bad for first quest off the bat.

Desiderius

Patron
You are wasting your time trying it at level 2

Level 3 might be ok with Tristian's Faerie Fire. It would be different if you got the appropriate experience for disarming the tripwire, then you'd want to wait until at least level five. There's good loot for an early party in that cave.

Pink Eye

Monk
Patron

Sort of proves my point. I wiped badly first three times I tried and just said - OK, not time to do this one yet, came back later and saw the rewards and made it super low priority for subsequent playthroughs. Good to have stuff like that, bad for first quest off the bat.
Pre swarm nerf, you had to fight the swarms to get the berries. So it was either you were forced to learn how to fight them, or you left them and came back later. I got lucky on my first time. Mainly because I stocked up on bombs before hand, and had access to Jhod's scrolls.

I won't lie though. On my subsequent playthroughs on unfair the swarms can be a handful.

Last edited:

ArchAngel

Arcane

Pre swarm nerf, you had to fight the swarms to get the berries. So it was either you were forced to learn how to fight them, or you left them and came back later. I got lucky on my first time. Mainly because I stocked up on bombs before hand, and had access to Jhod's scrolls.

I won't lie though. On my subsequent playthroughs on unfair the swarms can be a handful.
I used a bug to beat them early. Fire Belly spell when used didn't lose 1 minute of its duration per cast like it should so I cast that with Harrim and kept using it every round until all swarms died :D
I could also keep Harrim in the middle of the swarm and cast burning hands and shit on him as the same spell gave him fire resist 5.

Pink Eye

Monk
Patron

I used a bug to beat them early. Fire Belly spell when used didn't lose 1 minute of its duration per cast like it should so I cast that with Harrim and kept using it every round until all swarms died :D
I could also keep Harrim in the middle of the swarm and cast burning hands and shit on him as the same spell gave him fire resist 5.
Heh. I remember in chapter 2, I discovered a bug where I could duplicate items. Made so much gold from that. Man, the game was buggy on release. It's gotten better though.

John Keel

Savant
Beneath the Stolen Lands

Am currently at floor 73 (I think ? The UI is bugging out, displaying roman numerals is teh hard)

After 13 or so level fighting only golems, this fucking "Endless" dungeon rolled back to scrub territory with mites/spider and other low level encounters, awesome.

This DLC is typical low effort russian shoddy 'work', encounter's diversity is non-existant (approx 30-40 differents mobs, top?)

I'll try to make a thorough rewiew of it as I think there's a lot to say with how terrible it's been (poorly) implemented.

I'm dissapointed to no end, the replayability is mediocre

Pink Eye

Monk
Patron
Yeah. The DLC can be pretty boring at times. It generates ideas for new builds to try out in the main game though, so there's that. Once I beat the spawn on the DLC, I don't think I have any plans to touch it again. So far I've made it to floor 50, I haven't fought the golems yet.

ArchAngel

Arcane

Heh. I remember in chapter 2, I discovered a bug where I could duplicate items. Made so much gold from that. Man, the game was buggy on release. It's gotten better though.
There are still serious bugs. I again ran into a bard bug that is super irritating. But with TB mod it is easier to go around. Once your bard song becomes move action in RTwP sometimes you click it and nothing happens. And if you have AI on, your bard just keeps doing other stuff. I reported it multiple times before and they never fixed it.
But now with TB mode I found out in what combination it happens (at least with the mod). If you use your standard action first and then try to use move action song nothing happens. If you use song first and then your standard action it works normally.

Pink Eye

Monk
Patron

There are still serious bugs. I again ran into a bard bug that is super irritating. But with TB mod it is easier to go around. Once your bard song becomes move action in RTwP sometimes you click it and nothing happens. And if you have AI on your bard just keeps doing other stuff. I reported it multiple times before and they never fixed it.
But now with TB mode I found out in what combination it happens (at least with the mod). If you use your standard action first and then try to use move action song nothing happens. If you use song first and then your standard action it works normally.
>There are still serious bugs.
Oh trust me I know. There's currently a bug with spell casters. If you cast a buff, then move mid animation, the spell is lost. Meaning it gets used, however the actual spell isn't used. So it gets lost. Kind of irritating if your trying to buff multiple individuals.

John Keel

Savant
I've looted more Ring of Circumtances (15) than Wands Of (13) in this POS.

Nor did I loot a single rod...

This is so unexciting, they didn't even add some random fucking container for scrolls or smth, only the same goddamn chest, every fucking time.

Did these morons forgot they added the mimic type into the game a while ago ?

ArchAngel

Arcane
Monks have a bunch of bugs I talked about here, I bet I would find more monk bugs if I kept playing that campaign.

There are also positive bugs, like Scroll Savant's feats apply to your scrolls. At least the racial ones do. I got elf's +2 to penetration bonus when using scrolls.

Pink Eye

Monk
Patron
I've looted more Ring of Circumtances (15) than Wands Of (13) in this POS.

Nor did I loot a single rod...

This is so unexciting, they didn't even add some random fucking container for scrolls or smth, only the same goddamn chest, every fucking time.

Did these morons forgot they added the mimic type into the game a while ago ?
Wow your lucky. I have only found +1 weapons. I wonder if loot gets better once you reach floor 60.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom