Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Kingmaker - Enhanced Plus Edition - now with turn-based combat

John Keel

Savant
I've looted more Ring of Circumtances (15) than Wands Of (13) in this POS.

Nor did I loot a single rod...

This is so unexciting, they didn't even add some random fucking container for scrolls or smth, only the same goddamn chest, every fucking time.

Did these morons forgot they added the mimic type into the game a while ago ?
Wow your lucky. I have only found +1 weapons. I wonder if loot gets better once you reach floor 60.

That's pretty weird, I started seeing +8 stuff/+5 weapons at 50ish floor I think ?

Past 70 you're showered with best in slot items.

Definitely something strange on your end though, good items appears pretty early usually

Pink Eye

Monk
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture
I've looted more Ring of Circumtances (15) than Wands Of (13) in this POS.

Nor did I loot a single rod...

This is so unexciting, they didn't even add some random fucking container for scrolls or smth, only the same goddamn chest, every fucking time.

Did these morons forgot they added the mimic type into the game a while ago ?
Wow your lucky. I have only found +1 weapons. I wonder if loot gets better once you reach floor 60.

That's pretty weird, I started seeing +8 stuff/+5 weapons at 50ish floor I think ?

Past 70 you're showered with best in slot items.

Definitely something strange on your end though, good items appears pretty early usually
Ok then. I guess I must be fuked then.

John Keel

Savant
How often are you supposed to encounter the special mobs (with the little weird "diamond" icon hovering it) that adds shit to the Honest vendor ?

I've seen it twice totalling 4 run at 50~ + this run past 70.

Daidre

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
How else are you supposed to assert the Encounters and Map generation pattern of it except by gathering as much data as possible ?

They touted it as "We want to try something tricky, maybe players will like it too".

But my regional price tag is 3$ so I am a lot more forgiving.

Daidre

Arcane
What is this tricky thing you speak of they tried to achieve ?

Generating random locations from tile-sets is very tricky for a game that only worked with hand-made maps. Imho, more tricky than it is worth effort-wise, excluding experience acquired from this endeavor.

It is way over the head for "support" or B-teams that usually do post-launch content.

John Keel

Savant
What is this tricky thing you speak of they tried to achieve ?

Generating random locations from tile-sets is very tricky for a game that only worked with hand-made maps. Imho, more tricky than it is worth effort-wise, excluding experience acquired from this endeavor.

Are you retarded ? How is this a customer problem they're too retarded to generate random map at runtime ?

"Experience the descent into an endless rogue-like dungeon" is the DLC tagline.

They didn't achieve that, nor the generated random location, it's a mix of 8-10 room with 4(5?) different textures, that's it.

Even the fuckin traps/chest are at the same place each god damn time.

At this point they should have hard-generated 1000's truly random maps and ship the DLC with them.

TL;DR:

A rogue-like/endless dungeon can and should be judged on a single criteria, replayability.

This DLC does not have any replayability based on its own merits.

Daidre

Arcane
Are you retarded ? How is this a customer problem they're too retarded to generate random map at runtime ?

"Experience the descent into an endless rogue-like dungeon" is the DLC tagline.

At this point they should have hard-generated 1000's truly random maps and ship the DLC with them.

Had you expected them to make fucking Diablo as part of DLC package?

You already got like 30+ hours of gameplay from 10$ (in the worst case scenario) DLC nobody made you to buy.

Last edited:

John Keel

Savant
Because adding their whole monster lineup into the Dungeon pool is akin to making Diablo.

That's some quality Regional priced logic right there

Daidre

Arcane

It is really simple - do not buy anything that seems remotely overpriced for your wallet. Or wait for 80% discount if overpaying 5$ for something feels like tragedy.

Game industry would definitely in healthier place right now if people were half as anal about getting their money worth from DLC/skins/loot boxes as you are.

John Keel

Savant

It is really simple - do not buy anything that seems remotely overpriced for your wallet. Or wait for 80% discount if overpaying 5$ for something feels like tragedy.

Game industry would definitely in healthier place right now if people were half as anal about getting their money worth from DLC/skins/loot boxes as you are.

I was implying that you have the logic of a third worlder, IE: you're mentally challenged

John Keel

Savant
Because expecting developpers to produce the bare minimum is bitching and on top of that some first-worlder fantasy ?

How fucking hard is it to spawn a weapon-rack instead of a chest once in a while ?

Takes literally a few minutes to implement.

This DLC, once you have seen 20~ floors, can be done on auto pilot and everything become predictable, there's absolutly no randomness.

It's a terrible product

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
You're both right. The fact that Xelliren's inventory still doesn't refresh is just... what are you doing? The totally de-itemized Boggart cave made me feel like I was playing Deadfire or something.

Desiderius

Patron
How often are you supposed to encounter the special mobs (with the little weird "diamond" icon hovering it) that adds shit to the Honest vendor ?

Isn't that just the Inquisitor Judgement Icon?

John Keel

Savant

Isn't that just the Inquisitor Judgement Icon?

No idea, maybe it is.

All I know is there should be some unfrequent encounters with upgraded mobs that once killed add new items to the Honest vendor that should carry over each sessions

If the game doesn't start off unforgiving there's no sense of progression or becoming more powerful.

I was playing yesterday evening however and I hit the were-rat cave with a level two party of five. Feels so cheap to just reload and go somewhere else but they smash me so badly.

What do you guys usually do in this scenario? Do you check their level and give up if its too hard? Do I just need to get good? Back in the day I guess I would just reload as many times as it took because maintaining the contiguity of the adventure is paramount.

But these fucks cut me down like I was made of cardboard.

That cave is waaaay too difficult for your party. The DCs to the many many traps leading up to the cave should have tipped you off, particularly the Alarm Trap at the entrance. My well built, Level 5 Arcane Trickster had no chance of success on it. The rest of my 6 member party were levels 4 and 5 also. I knew going in that I was going to reload. I was able to detect the wererats, but they eviscerated my party all the same. If I remember correctly, they were like CR 8, or so.

Context is very important. Treat this game like a tabletop session. If the skill checks are beyond what your character can make, or attain without a save scum, you're out of your depth. If you've triggered an alarm, expect to meet stiff resistance. If there are signs of death littering the ground, expect an ambush. If a narrow path is blocked by a group of creatures that are extremely difficult for you, then you don't have enough XP to gain admission.

You'll want to invest in stealth and take advantage of the many wands/scrolls/potions of Vanish. Where scouting and sneaking are irrelevant in most games due to the low difficult, Stealth is very valuable in PF:KM. For example, the Boggarts to the west were giving me trouble. I cleared the area and found a cave. I scouted the cave (looting some of it) and discovered that it was much too large with far too many tough enemies for me to attempt. If I hadn't, I would have pummeled and exhausted my party against the first couple of encounters, only to find I still had many more to go.

Owlcat shows, they don't tell. You're going to need to stop and smell the roses, or reload.

John Keel

Savant
Dear journal,

Today I've triggered a new trap, Obsidian flow.

Is it a bug or a feature? :npc:

This is exciting

Desiderius

Patron
Dear journal,

This is exciting

It a feature called “get your Perception up, there’s EXP in the trap disarmament business.”

John Keel

Savant
Dear journal,

This is exciting

It a feature called “get your Perception up, there’s EXP in the trap disarmament business.”

Was talking about the Obsidian trap in Tenebrous depth, 1st time seeing it !

Disarming trap atm = 6000 xp

Killing a trash mob = 600 000 xp .....

Not that it matters, I think I've passed the cap of 5% chance disarm trap no matter how much pints I invest in

Trashos

Arcane
Ha! Naturally I missed the Ferocious Devourer corridor at Armag's Tomb. Chose wrong answers in the book adventure and then doors wouldn't open. Later, I went back there with Octavia to see if I can get Mass Dimension Door to work and bypass the locked doors. After 15 mins of trying, it worked! (I could get Dimension Door to work just fine, but Mass Dimension Door wasn't that cooperative).

I love this game.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom