Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The STEAM Sales and Releases Thread

Burning Bridges

Enviado de meu SM-G3502T usando Tapatalk
Is Children of a Dead Earth worth getting? The discount is pretty substantial.
I'm torn between Okami and Dragon's Dogma, can't get both. What's the consensus on 'em? If you're too lazy to write a response, maybe vote Deus Vult - DD, the little dog - Okami that would be helpful.

It's clearly one of those games that when it grabs you, you can spend 1000 hours with.

I personally didn't get it, even though I played other number based games like Automation Car Company to death. It felt clunky to me. You can just try it and see what happens. Or return it after 2 hours and get your 2.50 back.

passerby

Arcane
Actually, he already abandoned Mudrunner and is working on an Epic exclusive ("Snowrunner" I believe). Spintires is better maintained than Mudrunner, and has just received new DLCs.
The guy is an absolute scumbag but Spintires was his masterpiece. Especially at this price you can't go wrong. you can play it for ca 50 hours like the rest of us and then forget about the franchise.

He is an absolute scumbag, because he won't sell his new game on a store you care about more, than about him ?

Burning Bridges

Enviado de meu SM-G3502T usando Tapatalk
He is a scumbag because he keeps lying and people now need to buy the same game a third time. When Mudrunner came out, his fanboys proclaimed that now the game would finally get updates and it had all been Ooovees fault. 2 years later he has already done the same thing again and ran to Epic. He will now add a bit of snow and call it "Snowrunner". I mean Jesus Christ! he even built in a kill-switch to his exectuable, rendering the game unplayable for some people for a time, where the fuck have you been? This shit has been going on since 2012, when Spintires was already the same game.

Belegarsson

Think about hairy dwarfs all the time ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Currently eyeing

ZiDnJdm.png

Tropico 6 because I had a great time with Anno 1800 this year and I want something familiar to it. Apparently this one didn't evolve much from previous installments but since I'm a newcomer that wouldn't be a problem?

The Surge 2 because I don't feel like replaying Sekiro soon even though I love it, tried Jedi Fallen Order but honestly it felt too derivative, so Surge 2 seems like the best soulslike choice so far.

Self-Ejected

Jack

█▓▒░
Patron
Insert Title Here
Here's my four sale recommendations now that the sale is coming towards an end. They're not well-known nobrainers but rather obscure, which is why I'm shilling them.

Bullet Witch for the longest time languished as a fagbox exclusive, by some miracle it got a PC port and it's pretty damn fun. It's by no means an AAA game but rather a modestly budget action game that still manages to produce specacle. This game is actually better on PC since it's a straight up third person shooter, no covershit. You play as a witch with a broomgun and you gun down demons. In the third stage you fight a boss from atop of a flying airplane while it rains eyeballs down unto you and the plane. Highly enjoyable.

The Eternal Castle [REMASTERED] is in many ways shit, but it's also good shit. In the proud tradition of Another World and Flashback it's one of those minimalist and cinematic/realistic platformers. Where your jumps have weight and enemies and obstacles will often kill you in one hit, a game filled with spectacle and vistas instead of retarded coin collecting or metroidvania drudgery. It also tends to lean towards an CGA palette, but it's not strictly adhering to it.

Demon's Tilt is an Early Access pinball game. Not much to say about it, it's a newly and competently made pinball game that is perfectly fitting to play during the Kali Yuga. If you liked Epic Pinball and Full Tilt! Pinball, or Space Cadet as the demo version included with Windows back in the day was named, then this is the ticket. It's way less gay than Pinball FX and the like which tries too hard to emulate a real pinball machine and instead goes for being better as a video game.

Finally, a game for the hardcore casuals among you, I know you're on this forum, Puss!. It's like one of those stupid browser games you played on Newgrounds when flash was still a thing where you guide the mouse cursor through a maze without touching the walls, but on drugs and with a vaporwave aesthetic. It's also pretty damn hard. This game will put hair on a zoomer's chest.

Latelistener

Arcane
A new history low:

https://store.steampowered.com/bundle/1065/Disgaea_2_PC_Digital_Dood_Edition__2_PC__Game__Art_Book/

The second is not having a new history low, but that discount was just 1 time before: https://store.steampowered.com/bundle/1065/Disgaea_2_PC_Digital_Dood_Edition__2_PC__Game__Art_Book/

Another new history low from NIS America:

A new history low for Assetto Corsa:

And a sweet bundle: https://store.steampowered.com/bundle/6998/Assetto_Corsa_Ultimate_Edition/

These two below are also having a new history low:

A new history low for Centralfiction: https://store.steampowered.com/app/586140/BlazBlue_Centralfiction/

Other than that, there is a good Wolfenstein bundle. The usual discount is 67%, but now it's -70%. Not a big deal, but it's Bethesda: https://store.steampowered.com/sub/62587

These were already mention before, but it's worth mentioning them once again (also new history low):
https://store.steampowered.com/bundle/11949/The_Telltale_Batman_Bundle/
https://store.steampowered.com/app/329430/State_of_Decay_YOSE/
https://store.steampowered.com/app/241260/Sherlock_Holmes_Crimes_and_Punishments/

This one looks good, but still a bit pricey for me at the moment: https://store.steampowered.com/app/287630/The_Council/

Latelistener

Arcane
Now, there were some interesting price changes recently.

Seasons After Fall is now $9.99, instead of $14.99:

Styx: Shards of Darkness is now $19.99, instead of $39.99:

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
bare knuckle build viable? Sailor Steve Costigan type of character.
Iron Man boxing ain't a thing here, pardner.
You can certainly punch and kick the fuckers, but you don't have a class dedicated to being the best fighting sailor.
You do your strength damage unarmed, and a very late game item can potentially help you quadruple that, but that's it.

Jinn

Arcane
Abu Antar and Jinn, what did you like and dislike about Serpent in the Staglands?

I liked the presentation, setting, atmosphere, exploration, character progression, and combat to a certain extent.

The writing was a little sparse and somewhat forgettable despite the really cool setting and story concept. The world could have definitely been a little more fleshed out and populated with interactable NPCs to help with this. Questing was serviceable, but not particularly noteworthy besides a few instances.

It's an impressive first project from a two-person team, and a promising start to Whalenought Studios. The game is absolutely worth $4 (worth full price, imo), and if that's really too steep for you, you can always refund within 2 hours if you don't like what you see.

Aemar

Arcane
Last day of the sale, and I'm torn between getting Dominions 5 or Rimworld. The problem with the latter game is that it never goes on sale.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
Last day of the sale, and I'm torn between getting Dominions 5 or Rimworld. The problem with the latter game is that it never goes on sale.
Dominions is a MP game at heart and that means learning the ropes from people who are vastly more experienced than you. Just fyi.

PrettyDeadman

Buy Conquest of Elysium 4. it's different from Dominions, but have a lot of similarities (unitys and spells) and more singleplayer focused (i think).

Last edited by a moderator:

mwnn85

Savant
Didn't see diddly shit all in the so-called Black Friday/Cyber Monday sales other than a new kettle we needed and a pair a headphones for £18.
Anyway some more dumpster diving, buying the software that everyone else has already bought!

Picked up the last three games from Valve that I didn't already own in the VALVE COMPLETE BUNDLE: Portal 2, Left4Dead and Half Life Source. 32p each. 96p total.
Portal 2 is quite a good sequel; probably should've played it years ago.
I can't decide whether I like the simple test chamber setup of the first game or the more expanded levels of the second.
Shame Valve have forgotten how to make clever fps games.

Bought State of Decay YOSE for £1.92 to use up some Humble Wallet credit before it expired on the 30th December.
Not the greatest game in the world but I don't mind it. Jeff Strain did give us Starcraft and Guild Wars (1) was great when it started.

Bought Kings Bounty Ultimate Edition for £3.89 from Voidu.
Used the Black Friday code (BF19) + 100 Voidu coins (~ 85p) I had.
Here's what you get: https://steamdb.info/sub/84775/info/

Also bought Doom (2016) for £3.19.
Again the discount code plus the 100 Voidu coins from the King's Bounty order.
Comes with all the DLC now and works under Linux so I thought I'd give that a go.
Didn't realise it was a 60GB download! That'll take a few hours to acquire.
That's probably the main reason I don't buy too many new games. Massive size & short playtime.

Managed to grab a bunch of games for free just from looking on eBay / Allegro listings and doing some googling.
Some of the old retail games activate on STEAM and people clearly don't realise.
http://web.archive.org/web/20160505...powered.com/kb_article.php?ref=7480-WUSF-3601
  • Terraria (Physical Collectors Ed)
  • Both Company of Heroes expansions. Dawn of War 2 + Chaos Rising
  • Rome Total War, Empire Total War, Napoleon Total War, Medieval 2 Total War (all Def Eds now)
  • Rage, Resident Evil 5, Dark Messiah (of Might & Magic)
  • Counter Strike Condition Zero, Unreal Tournament 3
A lot of them were old Games for Windows Live titles that got moved over to STEAM.
Terraria is probably the best find. Not found Prey (2006) yet - damn code is on the reverse of the manual :'(

Pretty pleased to hear that Volition have found the source code for Saints Row 2.
CD Project did a shit job on the PC port.
They're planning a big update to remaster it and add the console exclusive DLC plus STEAM based multiplayer.
Free to existing owners.
Only claimed it off GOG when it was given away; I wish I would've claimed it on STEAM too =\
Have to pick that up for a quid or so. It's perhaps the best non-Rockstar GTA; not completely retarded like the sequels either.

Last edited:

Aemar

Arcane
Bought Conquest of Elysium 4, following Deadman's suggestion, especially for sp aspects. At first glance the game looks easier to get into when compared to Dominions 5, so I guess I'll play this one a bit before moving on to Dominions.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom