Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Screenshot thread

Consul

Arbiter
What was your plan on handling veteran/commando soldiers? I figured doing a ironman run like this was nearly impossible mainly because of those bastards, one can easily take out 2 or 3 mercs if you are unlucky enough to be spotted first, and even if you get to make the first move it's still too fucking dangerous to take the standard approach of picking them with just guns (grenades and planted explosives come in real handy here).

Didn't have any real plan to be honest, just wanted to see how far I could go. I've also never completely finished the game, despite starting it many times, due to being distracted by other games or things in real life and turning towards them. Up until now, I have always save scummed JA2, but save scumming in any game lost its charm to me long ago and now in gaming I derive most of the joy from doing ironman challenges.

Before starting, I was very concerned about the elites you mentioned, because I remember how deadly they were on my previous playthroughs. I didn't imagine that regular enemies/red shirts would also pose a serious threat. It's insane how far they can throw grenades/flares, which is perhaps the most dangerous thing they can do aside from using mortars iirc. JA2 is the only tactical game that I'm aware of that gives grenades (at least for enemies) this ridiculous range, it's longer than the effective range of pistols and machine guns.

So after conquering Cambria I got attacked in one of its sector by Deidranna's forces during daytime. 13 enemy red shirts (one was camouflaged) versus 20 green militia of mine and 5 mercs that were in a combat ready state. It was a total disaster, all of the militia got annihilated and one of my mercs (Meltdown) got killed. In the end we only managed to kill something like 3 enemies. Most of the militia had pistols while most of the enemies had rifles. It was hard to shoot with my mercs because the enemies swarm you on one side of the map while your militia is spread out all across it, so you have to be very careful to not focus their fire on your men. On the front when the combat takes place your militia can be easily picked one by one by enemies with superior numbers before most of them get to the actual fight. This is why auto-resolve gives much better results than manual combat. Now I control 3 sectors of Cambria out of 5, got militia in only one sector and the enemies are closing in one me, things are not looking too good.

JDR13

Arcane
FDj3H0E.png

Nice gaem. Do you emulate gamecube or wii version?
Trilogy version from Wii because of the PrimeHack

Have you played MP 3 yet? I'm curious how well the M+K controls work with that one. I recall there being certain movements that seemed like they would be hard to emulate.

janior

Arcane
Patron

Nice gaem. Do you emulate gamecube or wii version?
Trilogy version from Wii because of the PrimeHack

Have you played MP 3 yet? I'm curious how well the M+K controls work with that one. I recall there being certain movements that seemed like they would be hard to emulate.
Not yet, I just fought Ridley.
QPuREyA.png
I imagine they work pretty well, motion controls are boud by default to left shift+wasd. I think they are present as early as prime 2 or 3, not sure. Ill probably rebind those to mouse wheel or something.

JDR13

Arcane
I imagine they work pretty well, motion controls are boud by default to left shift+wasd. I think they are present as early as prime 2 or 3, not sure. Ill probably rebind those to mouse wheel or something.

Interesting. I'll have to try it sometime.

I attempted to configure Dolphin a few years ago to play MP Trilogy with M+K, but I eventually gave up and purchased a USB sensor bar so I could bluetooth my Wiimote to my PC. It works well enough that I'm not even sure I'd prefer M+K for those games tbh.

janior

Arcane
Patron

Interesting. I'll have to try it sometime.

I attempted to configure Dolphin a few years ago to play MP Trilogy with M+K, but I eventually gave up and purchased a USB sensor bar so I could bluetooth my Wiimote to my PC. It works well enough that I'm not even sure I'd prefer M+K for those games tbh.
If you ever wanna try it out: https://github.com/shiiion/dolphin/wiki

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
I returned the next day to finish off the bandit camp. Two killed and the last bandit fled.

unknown.png

Got a clue of a buried stash in Skalitz. Made a stopover at an inn mid-way to play dice and save game. Lost 2 games in a row. Net loss 50 coins.
Decided to go all in.

unknown.png

unknown.png

Yeah, bitches. Give me ALL your money.

unknown.png

:butthurt:

The next day, I ran across him with a friend trying to ambush me on the road.

unknown.png

unknown.png

Big mistake, pal. I spared none and arrived at Skalitz. Only to run across two heavily armored groups fighting each other.

unknown.png

In Kingdom Come, it's really easy to tell if you're outclassed or not. They're wearing full plate while I'm still wielding the same sword I picked up from the dead Burgher of Skalitz.
I prepared myself with a Defense potion and lured one of them to a one-on-one battle.

unknown.png

The fight lasted for more than 5 minutes before a lucky blow to the head ended it.

unknown.png

Creeping back into Skalitz, I ran across 2 dead combatants. I decided not to push my luck and grab both of their kits before riding out of there. The saddlebags are full and I'm encumbered, perfect setup for a thug ambush.

unknown.png

Thankfully, no ambush occurred and I spent nearly 1.4k on repairs. The loot sold for around 1700.

unknown.png

unknown.png

Jesus, what an upgrade. :lol:

HansDampf

Arcane
Those motion control gimmicks are mainly used for switches to open doors and such. It works when you bind them to keys, iirc, but don't expect it to look smooth. There is also a graphical glitch with a new glow effect in MP3 that occurs when you play in higher resolutions than 480p. The regular version of dolphin has a fix for it but not the PrimeHack version (as of August 2019).
gPUhha3.jpg

You can see the patterns on Samus's arm cannon here.
It's tolerable for the most part. A few areas look horrendous.

se0UUiJ.jpg

:rpgcodex::shittydog::rpgcodex:
Just posing for a sec before we head out and...
Ah.
TlI8LtL.jpg

:deadtroll:

For a while I thought coming to the Crater would be the last mistake we'd make. There was nothing there but overgrown, murderous birds.
ATFg8Ck.jpg

After a couple of amputated limbs, no expensive loot, and two days of sneaking and fighting, we finally win clear of the Crater.

On to the next target on the list. A man with a very sharp sword, and a lot of angry spiders at his beck and call.
qIH7B3d.jpg

And a few shitties from earlier.
QLApQe8.jpg

9EZQAYa.jpg

DMddTjp.jpg

lMoHbh1.jpg

Last edited:

RK47

Patron
Killed a room full of fire-breathing mutants.

20200207092600_1.jpg

I nearly missed the big loot on the dead stalker.

LGcauDi.jpg

PKM
pL0BhhX.png

Hedgehog, high end helmet.
yXTVxEh.png

And Combat Armor
s6gcpSi.png

I'm glad they took the time to improve the gear sold in Dead City. Back then I had to just not bother looting anything since there's not much to be had. But now the vendors there carry the new pistol and shield. Nice combo.
79RuVY4.png

CAYUTTR.png

Great improvement over cast iron shield since it has no STR penalty.

Modron

Arcane
Shame the hedgehog helmet looked so goofy I couldn't bring my main to wear it, was unlucky and never saw one of those shields in my playthrough would have been nice for the other melee kitted atom agent npc.

RK47

Patron
Shame the hedgehog helmet looked so goofy I couldn't bring my main to wear it, was unlucky and never saw one of those shields in my playthrough would have been nice for the other melee kitted atom agent npc.
I like the shield with Scorpion AP ammo, really helps when you're the guy opening the door and you know there's this guy with LMG on the other side.
And always end your turn with pistol/SMG drawn to enjoy the damage resistance bonus.

RK47

Patron
Visited a beautiful small Church in Sasau while doing errands for Lady Stephanie of Talmberg and Lord Divish's quarrymen.

Kingdom_Come__Deliverance_8_2_2020_1_14_20_am.png

Kingdom_Come__Deliverance_8_2_2020_1_14_29_am.png

Kingdom_Come__Deliverance_8_2_2020_1_16_00_am.png

I could even donate but what does it even do? Never mind, I've been blessed with good luck so far.
I managed to solve the mystery of the poor quarry stone before the perpetrator can kill someone else.

Kingdom_Come__Deliverance_8_2_2020_3_54_32_am.png

During my return to Rattay I was ambushed by Black Pete, one of the finalists of the tourney. He used a clothesline to dismount me as I rode past and went at me with a poisoned blade.

Kingdom_Come__Deliverance_8_2_2020_5_04_00_am.png

I think the weirdest part of all is the passerby being totally unaware of two heavily armed men fighting to the death on the small bridge.
Finishing the errand for Lady Stephanie unlocks an awkward scene where Lady Stephanie made Henry try on a shirt and slowly influenced this poor innocent boy to fuck her.
You can say no to trying the shirt and this scene wouldn't trigger. That's how 'insistent' this lady is.

Kingdom_Come__Deliverance_8_2_2020_5_35_13_am.png

Kingdom_Come__Deliverance_8_2_2020_5_35_28_am.png

Kingdom_Come__Deliverance_8_2_2020_5_35_31_am.png

...oh dear

Kingdom_Come__Deliverance_8_2_2020_5_36_10_am.png

Kingdom_Come__Deliverance_8_2_2020_5_36_24_am.png

Kingdom_Come__Deliverance_8_2_2020_5_36_41_am.png

:lol: Poor Lord Divish. And just to show that karma is a bitch, the next day, Henry nearly died to a 5 Cuman ambush near dawn while on his way to the Rattay tournament. The ordeal in the forest lasted around 15 minutes.

Kingdom_Come__Deliverance_8_2_2020_6_02_34_am.png

Two Cuman archers and 3 close combatants kept pummeling away at my armor. It's a good thing I kept mine well-maintained. That saved my life. Then it took me 10 minutes to reorient myself in the wild before making it back to Rattay just in time to win the tourney again.

Kingdom_Come__Deliverance_8_2_2020_6_31_54_am.png

RK47

Patron
Oh shit, it's that game where u gotta enter dimensional pocket room just to change gear. whats it called again uh... Fable 3?

Citizen

*Teleports a bunch of sneaky ships behind your scientific behemoth*
j2hBs5.jpg

j2hmDz.jpg

j2h3WT.jpg

Heh heh nuthin personnel kiddo...

JDR13

Arcane
Visited a beautiful small Church in Sasau while doing errands for Lady Stephanie of Talmberg and Lord Divish's quarrymen.

Kingdom_Come__Deliverance_8_2_2020_1_14_20_am.png

Kingdom_Come__Deliverance_8_2_2020_1_14_29_am.png

Kingdom_Come__Deliverance_8_2_2020_1_16_00_am.png

I could even donate but what does it even do? Never mind, I've been blessed with good luck so far.
I managed to solve the mystery of the poor quarry stone before the perpetrator can kill someone else.

Kingdom_Come__Deliverance_8_2_2020_3_54_32_am.png

During my return to Rattay I was ambushed by Black Pete, one of the finalists of the tourney. He used a clothesline to dismount me as I rode past and went at me with a poisoned blade.

Kingdom_Come__Deliverance_8_2_2020_5_04_00_am.png

I think the weirdest part of all is the passerby being totally unaware of two heavily armed men fighting to the death on the small bridge.
Finishing the errand for Lady Stephanie unlocks an awkward scene where Lady Stephanie made Henry try on a shirt and slowly influenced this poor innocent boy to fuck her.
You can say no to trying the shirt and this scene wouldn't trigger. That's how 'insistent' this lady is.

Kingdom_Come__Deliverance_8_2_2020_5_35_13_am.png

Kingdom_Come__Deliverance_8_2_2020_5_35_28_am.png

Kingdom_Come__Deliverance_8_2_2020_5_35_31_am.png

...oh dear

Kingdom_Come__Deliverance_8_2_2020_5_36_10_am.png

Kingdom_Come__Deliverance_8_2_2020_5_36_24_am.png

Kingdom_Come__Deliverance_8_2_2020_5_36_41_am.png

:lol: Poor Lord Divish. And just to show that karma is a bitch, the next day, Henry nearly died to a 5 Cuman ambush near dawn while on his way to the Rattay tournament. The ordeal in the forest lasted around 15 minutes.

Kingdom_Come__Deliverance_8_2_2020_6_02_34_am.png

Two Cuman archers and 3 close combatants kept pummeling away at my armor. It's a good thing I kept mine well-maintained. That saved my life. Then it took me 10 minutes to reorient myself in the wild before making it back to Rattay just in time to win the tourney again.

Kingdom_Come__Deliverance_8_2_2020_6_31_54_am.png

What are your system specs, and what settings are you running KCD on?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom