Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Witcher 3 GOTY Edition

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Reminder that Sapkowski has always been overrated, and he rose to fame thanks to supply-side starvation of the market for fantasy fiction.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
So, here is the thing, commie: you go fuck yourself with your gay tactics, and we continue to discuss, bitch and rant about whatever the fuck we want.

Nice rant, but not sure what it has do with anything. My point is there's nothing to bitch about yet with Cyberpunk, really. Unless you don't think trannies fit the setting at all, which would make you monumentally retarded. If there is some poorly written safe space garbage in the game then I'll be bitching about it with you when the time comes.

AwesomeButton

Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
An author so clueless about the biology of his own kind can never turn woke :lol:

And yes, CDPR have done wonders with the IP, and the witcher games have higher literary qualities than anything Sapkowski has, or will ever write.

Falksi

Arcane
I think TW3's a massively overrated, dull as hell piece of popamole trash, and I like popamole games if done well. But there can be no denying that one thing it does do well is bury it's wokeness behind good writing. Not only does it contain wokeness, but it actually normalizes it to some degree.

Another reason for me to never touch it again.

AwesomeButton

Patron
It was a bit silly how Cerys was the obvious better choice for Skellige and this was rubbed into the player's face at every step of the way, but that's the most "woke" aspect of the writing that I can come up.

norolim

Arcane
So, here is the thing, commie: you go fuck yourself with your gay tactics, and we continue to discuss, bitch and rant about whatever the fuck we want.

Unless you don't think trannies fit the setting at all, which would make you monumentally retarded.
Nice straw man you set up there. Well done for knocking it down so quickly and decisively.

Paul_cz

Arcane
It was a bit silly how Cerys was the obvious better choice for Skellige and this was rubbed into the player's face at every step of the way, but that's the most "woke" aspect of the writing that I can come up.
...and then they subvert it in the ending cutscene when they say how she defanged Skellige..and Svanrige would have probably been a better ruler anyway

also this hateboner on Sapkowski is retarded, both Witcher and Hussite books are awesome

CoronerZg

Augur
Yeah, I can understand the hate for Witcher novels, cause he in fact did steal the idea and part of the setting, even though novels are objectively good and sometimes even great. But it's super silly when people translate the hate to his other books as well. Sapkowski is a dick, but he wrote some good shit too.
Also, maybe most of the people here read his books in english and I've heard english translation is generally poor and especially terrible at capturing the slavic slang and small talk.

Last edited:

ekrolo2

Learned
Yeah, I can understand the hate for Witcher novels, cause he in fact did steal the idea and part of the setting, even though novels are objectively good and sometimes even great. But it's super silly when people translate the hate to his other books as well. Sapkowski is a dick, but he wrote some good shit too.
Also, maybe most of the people here read his books in english and I've heard english translation is very poor and terrible at capturing the slavic slang and small talk.
The official one is okay, sometimes pretty good but I'd recommend everyone to try out the fan translations instead. The dialogue flows better, the prose is in-general less bland and it's made my latest read of the books a much better time for the most part.

TemplarGR

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Bethestard

I would pick Cerys even if she was a tyrant because she was hot and who cares if virtual bits and bytes people in a vidya game suffer i choose with my dick.

cretin

Arcane
Douchebag!
Nerds writing women as men with tits and dominant women predates wokeness by many decades and as such has next to nothing to do with being woke and a lot to do with the psychological idiosyncrasies of being a nerd which is a whole other topic.

CoronerZg

Augur
If you by any chance mean the Hussite trilogy, it was the blandest thing ever.
Well what can I say, we agree to disagree. To me setting was very memorable, characters were amazing (Šarlej, Samson Medić, Urban Horn, etc.), bad guys were creepy and interesting enough and the feeling of dread they invoked when hunting was great. I liked how our young and naive protagonist slowly grows during the books and the Slavic lore was pure joy for me, second to none. Sapkowski also captured perfectly my feelings on christianity and the shit they did to our old Slavic culture and ("pagan") tradition. So yeah, "blandest thing ever" is some serious butthurt screaming out from you my man :)

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron
Well what can I say, we agree to disagree. To me setting was very memorable, characters were amazing (Šarlej, Samson Medić, Urban Horn, etc.), bad guys were creepy and interesting enough and the feeling of dread they invoked when hunting was great. I liked how our young and naive protagonist slowly grows during the books and the Slavic lore was pure joy for me, second to none. Sapkowski also captured perfectly my feelings on christianity and the shit they did to our old Slavic culture and ("pagan") tradition. So yeah, "blandest thing ever" is some serious butthurt screaming out from you my man :)

Mate, I am not butthurt. Those books are simply bad.

Yeah, christardity did a nasty number on our original culture. Yeah, those themes are the good ones in the hussite trilogy. No, that does not mean the rest of said trilogy is any good. In fact, the good themes are all drowned in a rush of scene transitions as bad as the one in Disney's most recent attempt at Star Wars. The protagonist hardly ever manages to accomplish any one thing he tries. Next scene.

CoronerZg

Augur
As I said, we agree to disagree. If problems with pacing are the worst thing you can think of, but your still calling the books "simply bad" you're trying to hard. And if Disney Star Wars had even half of the amazing characters and their interactions that Hussite trilogy has, pace or no pace they would still end up better than the original Star Wars movies. You were trying to hard with the "blandest thing ever" comment as well, cause you can say a lot of things about those books, and they are far from perfect, but they are sure as fuck not bland. But anyway, I'm done with this particular topic mate. Stay the hatefag if that's your thing :salute:

odrzut

Arcane
Sapkowski is a dick, but he wrote some good shit too.

It wasn't bland, characters were OK, dialogs were funny. Just the plot was the same thing over and over. Reynevan is traveling with his friends, womenizing puts him into trouble. He or some of his friends got kidnapped, they meet some old friends from university that release them or help them escape, they continue to travel. Repeated like 20 times through 3 books.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom