Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Witcher 3 GOTY Edition

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...-3-wild-hunt-game-of-the-year-edition-spotted

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - Game of the Year edition spotted
Source separately tells Eurogamer the game will be released late August.

The German age-ratings board USK has listed an entry for The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - Game of the Year Edition for PC, PS4 and Xbox One. Eurogamer has been told separately by a source that this game exists and will be released 26th August 2016.

The listing can be seen on the latest classifications page on the USK website and was initially spotted by Twitter user lifeflower.

jpg

Rollenspiel: what a nice word.

We're waiting to hear back from CD Projekt Red.

A Game of the Year Edition of The Witcher 3 will presumably bundle the game plus both downloadable expansions, which are currently available in an Expansion Pass that costs £20, or can be bought separately for slightly more (Hearts of Stone for £8 and Blood and Wine for £16).

Hearts of Stone, the smaller of the expansions, adds a 10-hour story to the game. "A delightful romp, if you need more Witcher 3 with your Witcher 3," wrote Cassandra Khaw in our The Witcher 3: Hearts of Stone review.

But it's Blood and Wine that's the main event: a 30-hour addition that takes place in the brand new - and gorgeous - region of Touissant. "A fitting end to an exceptional video game," wrote Johnny Chiodini in our The Witcher 3: Blood and Wine review.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
UPDATE 1PM BST: CD Projekt Red has, in a statement given to Eurogamer, confirmed The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - Game of the Year Edition.

Game director Konrad Tomaszkiewicz told us: "The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt was a gigantic effort for the entire studio, and both the team and me were amazed by the good reception of Geralt's adventures. Since launch, we've released two expansions, Hearts of Stone and Blood and Wine, which added a lot of new adventures to the already potent mix.

"With all the free DLC and updates the game received so far, including significant changes to the game's interface and mechanics, many gamers have asked us if we're working on some sort of a Game of the Year Edition. I'm happy to confirm - yes, plans are in motion to release such an edition. We'll release more details, including the release date, in the future. In the meantime, I'd like to thank every fan of the game for their support - you're really amazing!"

Perkel

Arcane
Base game also is at 2mln unit sales on stem alone via steamspy.
Game has ridiculous legs and now after all summer sale bingo is like in top5 on steam.

they are swimming in money

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
There's a leak with a screenshot of a map from the upcoming new expansion DLC.

13567037_1035543679862620_8534665362104083417_n.jpg

a cut of domestic sheep prime

Finally finished the game. I always kept putting it down, but the story kept me picking it back up again.

Honestly, I was extremely disappointed with Witcher 2's shortness and linearity, but this game was huge and fantastic.

Only thing I don't like is the level requirements on certain quests.

Either level scaling should have been used on the mid-game questlines that had no requirement as to order (visit Skellige, search Vellen, visit Novigrad), or else a more Gothic-like combat system that emphasizes levelbloat should have been used so that the nonlinearity of the mid-game/expansions could actually mean something.

Still, had a great time with this one.

Dedicated_Dark

Arbiter
Finally finished the game. I always kept putting it down, but the story kept me picking it back up again.

Honestly, I was extremely disappointed with Witcher 2's shortness and linearity, but this game was huge and fantastic.

Only thing I don't like is the level requirements on certain quests.

Either level scaling should have been used on the mid-game questlines that had no requirement as to order (visit Skellige, search Vellen, visit Novigrad), or else a more Gothic-like combat system that emphasizes levelbloat should have been used so that the nonlinearity of the mid-game/expansions could actually mean something.

Still, had a great time with this one.

They put a lvl scale-up option with a patch.
The game is more fun if you play it with the level scaling mod, the devs are really bad at balancing and creating systems. They tried to imitate gothic and its just that, an imitation. The nuances are lost.
With all the three Witcher games you have to mod it to create at-least a mildly coherent and balanced system.

a cut of domestic sheep prime

They put a lvl scale-up option with a patch.
I know. But scaling UP doesn't help me play higher level content sooner. You'd need content to be scaled DOWN for that.

What I'm saying is, Vellen, Skellige and Novigrad can technically be taken in any order and are technically non-linear.

But because of the level requirements, they are effectively linear - which feels like a waste to me.

The game is more fun if you play it with the level scaling mod
Haven't tried a lot of mods due to patches breaking them. Maybe I will try it though.

Perkel

Arcane
Or just use mod that removes item requirements. Sure most of the items scale to you but there are few ones that don't and almost all crafted ones don't.

baturinsky

Arcane
Instead of new Geralt DLC, I really really want a new Witcherverse game or DLC with Ciri or Yennifer as protagonists. Both because of their powers and personalities.
Sadly, chance for anything of that are very slim.

DosBuster

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
Codex USB, 2014
Hopefully they release the RedKit for Witcher 3, so far the modding capabilities are vastly limited when compared to Witcher 2.

Lerk

Learned
Did Witcher 2 have any worthwhile mods? I just used a weight limit remover and autowin hack for the dice poker.

I hope the power/level curve is something CDP sort out for Cyberpunk. It was a mess in W3 without mods. 90% of the loot was useless too. Though I guess loot was never the point.

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
Release date announced for The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - Game of the Year Edition

CD PROJEKT RED, creators of The Witcher series of games, announce the release date of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - Game of the Year Edition.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - Game of the Year Edition offers over 150 hours of open world adventures and sees players take on the role of professional monster slayer Geralt of Rivia, as he seeks out the child of prophecy in Wild Hunt, faces off against a ruthless bandit captain in Hearts of Stone, and unravels the terrifying secret of the beautiful region of Toussaint in Blood and Wine.

Watch the announcement video here.

Game of the Year Edition includes the critically acclaimed base game, winner of over 250 GOTY awards and most lauded game of 2015 with over 800 awards in total, both expansion packs -- Hearts of Stone & Blood and Wine -- and every piece of downloadable content, as well as every update and improvement ever released.

The game will release on PC, Xbox One and PlayStation®4 on August 30th, 2016.

In select territories and sales channels the game will be available as The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - Complete Edition.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
There's a disc version to buy. :bounce:

Thank you, CD Projekt. Poles do what Bethesdon't.

Ismaul

Thought Criminal #3333
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
I got excited about the physical disc thing, but then I realised I'd have to open up my computer case, disconnect a HDD just to connect my disc reader. I can no longer be arsed.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom