Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Decline Are there any guyz who quit gaming entirely?

Dawkinsfan69

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Bethestard
I only play card games now (mtga/hearthstone), I don't even know if that counts as gaming? I've been wanting to get into street fighter buuuut that seems like a lot of work so I've been putting it off.

Sometimes a game will come around and REALLY hook me for a week or so; kenshi for example I lost a lot of sleep when I found that game.

Really though it's a rare type of game that interests me.. Either it needs to be some sort of creative outlet or it needs to be very skill intensive or some combination of the two.

Frozen

Arcane
1. Not completely but almost. I play EU4 at times but even that they fucked up because multiplayer (I don't care for it)

2. I don't know, maybe forever. Maybe ill try to go into Pillows for the fifth time and quit before finding diarrhea cure like 4 times before.

3. None of that. Just look top 100 on thepiratebay its like normies bonanza-fifa, Minecraft, souls games etc. all garbage.

4. Im waiting for Imperator and Cyberpunk and that's it. There is nothing of interest out there, same old shit.

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
you could argue that you aren't really gaming at all even if you're still playing, if the games you're playing are bad.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Sometimes got bored with gaming. Then tried other stuff like movies and music and get taste of decline, it's also there. I'm affraid to imagine what happen with book. Sure, they weren't fully replaced with ebooks but then you got shit like goodread TOP crap where classic stuff is replaced with bland garbage.
Nothing is safe. Nothing is sacred.

Now seriously - I got some sort of list of old forgotten stuff to play that 99.9% chance it never reach digital distribution.
After that old games will p. much die. People are overwhelmed by bland trash enough to forget about good stuff from the past that's considered "forgotten" by current standards. A lot of them were cool games but they never come back, not much interest from players (too old to care, too busy consuming streaming pile of decline) and not much from IP owners. Sad thing is - if GOG or similar don't approach they won't even appear on Steam and else.

Mexi

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
Just about. It's hard to find time when you're doing research. It takes up your whole life, essentially. I just have time to come home and watch 2 hours of tv and then fuck off to bed. It's pretty easy to quit gaming when you have a life. It's sad seeing grown ass adults with kids still gaming. Oftentimes, their home is a mess and their wife is fucking the next-door neighbor who bought them a pair of diapers and a Nintendo Switch so they can make that nu-male face.

Plaguecrafter

Novice
I haven't quit, but I know people who no longer play for one reason or the other. Being a lack of interest, lack of time, lack of tech to play on or they just focus on games they liked before and are used to before trying the new ones. I know a guy who occasionally still plays 10+ year old strategy games just because he likes them and isn't really keen on trying the new ones.

Mark Richard

Arcane
The longest period I've ever gone without gaming is a few months during a kind of isolated desert island scenario, but even then I was imagining the games I would play. I did not need food, because thoughts of gaming nourished my body. I did not need mental stimulation, because thoughts of gaming nourished my mind. During the long journey back to civilisation I glimpsed unnamed things beyond the veil of reality that would freeze your soul, but I would not be dissuaded from my path and clawed my way forward inch by inch. My destination loomed, and like the ending to an unaired Twilight Zone episode I arrived home... only to find all games were shit.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
I'm the opposite, if I'm not actively playing something I stop posting for the most part. I'm also on a movie forum and if I'm not super into watching movies lately I'll stop posting there too.

Zboj Lamignat

Arcane
There were a couple of years, somewhere between 2005-2010, when I pretty much did not play games at all. I was busy with social life and making a career, but it was also facilitated by me only having an access to an old laptop and the fact that there were pretty much no interesting games coming out. When I got a stable, well-paid job and stable gf, I bought myself a high end pc and went back. I think my gaming has been much "healthier" ever since. I don't spend nearly as much time on it as I used to in the nineties, but I also finish way more games, completed many classics that were in my backlog, don't start couple of different games at the same time only to drop them etc. I detest the direction in which the gaming business seems to be heading now, after a brief period of semi-incline, but I don't think I'll ever drop it unless life forces me to. I'd also be more than happy with my current collection even if potentially interesting games stopped getting released completely so whatever.

Career, family, and changing interests have all combined to diminish my gaming to only a couple of hours a week. I find that even when I do game, the duration is willfully shorter anyhow. I tend to like the idea of gaming more than the actual experience these days. My time premium is too severe. RPGs (my preferred genre) are also too commitment intensive, so I postpone them seemingly indefinitely. It’s unlikely I will cease gaming entirely, but the time I spend on it now is relatively negligible. I will likely continue to accumulate a backlog that I will then spend my elder years enjoying in the same meticulous manner as I did in my youth.

Nano

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Strap Yourselves In
Seriously speaking, quitting gaming is the best thing you can do. It's literally a complete waste of time, and because of things like carpal tunnel it's actually detrimental to your health. Filling up the time you play games with other things like sports, socializing, self-caring, or even just extra sleep would be far better for you.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
Seriously speaking, quitting gaming is the best thing you can do. It's literally a complete waste of time, and because of things like carpal tunnel it's actually detrimental to your health. Filling up the time you play games with other things like sports, socializing, self-caring, or even just extra sleep would be far better for you.

It would be better to eat salad or grilled chicken for every meal as well, but what kind of life is that?

Zboj Lamignat

Arcane
You sound like a total dweeb.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom