Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Decline Are there any guyz who quit gaming entirely?

Discussion in 'General Gaming' started by oddech_wymarlych_swiatow, Apr 7, 2019.

1. ur dad Literate

ur dad
    Books>>>>>>games tbh

This, but unironically

• Agree x 5
    • decline x 2
    • STOP! posting x 2
    • NPC #61873 came up with this opinion all by his / herself x 2
    • Yes x 1
    • Salute x 1
    • Friendly x 1
    • Fabulously Optimistic x 1
    • retadred x 1
    ^ Top  
  2. Dawkinsfan69 Dumbfuck! Dumbfuck Bethestard

Dawkinsfan69
    I only play card games now (mtga/hearthstone), I don't even know if that counts as gaming? I've been wanting to get into street fighter buuuut that seems like a lot of work so I've been putting it off.

Sometimes a game will come around and REALLY hook me for a week or so; kenshi for example I lost a lot of sleep when I found that game.

Really though it's a rare type of game that interests me.. Either it needs to be some sort of creative outlet or it needs to be very skill intensive or some combination of the two.

• Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  3. Frozen82 Arcane

Frozen82
    1. Not completely but almost. I play EU4 at times but even that they fucked up because multiplayer (I don't care for it)

2. I don't know, maybe forever. Maybe ill try to go into Pillows for the fifth time and quit before finding diarrhea cure like 4 times before.

3. None of that. Just look top 100 on thepiratebay its like normies bonanza-fifa, Minecraft, souls games etc. all garbage.

4. Im waiting for Imperator and Cyberpunk and that's it. There is nothing of interest out there, same old shit.

• Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  4. Jinn Arcane

Jinn
    If you don't want to play games, stop. If you do, then continue to do so. It's as easy as that.

• I found this text to be too long and as such I didn't read it I found this text to be too long and as such I didn't read it x 1
    • No No x 1
    • [citation needed] [citation needed] x 1
    • Bro, do you even lift? Bro, do you even lift? x 1
    ^ Top  
  5. Master Arbiter

Master
    Games are the shit, i will never quit them.

• Brofist Brofist x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Fabulously Optimistic Fabulously Optimistic x 1
    ^ Top  
  6. aweigh Arcane

aweigh
    you could argue that you aren't really gaming at all even if you're still playing, if the games you're playing are bad.

• (autism) (autism) x 2
    • Participation Award Participation Award x 1
    • Makes you think... Makes you think... x 1
    • retadred retadred x 1
    ^ Top  
  7. Tweed Learned

Tweed
    I'd quit, but everything else is so much worse. I have started to read a book or two though.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • nice nice x 1
    ^ Top  
  8. DalekFlay Arcane Patron

DalekFlay
    By this metric I haven't been a gamer since 2002 or so.

• Despair Despair x 3
    ^ Top  
  9. MotherMachinae Arcane

MotherMachinae
    Sometimes got bored with gaming. Then tried other stuff like movies and music and get taste of decline, it's also there. I'm affraid to imagine what happen with book. Sure, they weren't fully replaced with ebooks but then you got shit like goodread TOP crap where classic stuff is replaced with bland garbage.
    Nothing is safe. Nothing is sacred.

Now seriously - I got some sort of list of old forgotten stuff to play that 99.9% chance it never reach digital distribution.
    After that old games will p. much die. People are overwhelmed by bland trash enough to forget about good stuff from the past that's considered "forgotten" by current standards. A lot of them were cool games but they never come back, not much interest from players (too old to care, too busy consuming streaming pile of decline) and not much from IP owners. Sad thing is - if GOG or similar don't approach they won't even appear on Steam and else.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    ^ Top  
  10. Mexi Dumbfuck! Dumbfuck

Mexi
    Just about. It's hard to find time when you're doing research. It takes up your whole life, essentially. I just have time to come home and watch 2 hours of tv and then fuck off to bed. It's pretty easy to quit gaming when you have a life. It's sad seeing grown ass adults with kids still gaming. Oftentimes, their home is a mess and their wife is fucking the next-door neighbor who bought them a pair of diapers and a Nintendo Switch so they can make that nu-male face.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  11. Plaguecrafter Novice

Plaguecrafter
    I haven't quit, but I know people who no longer play for one reason or the other. Being a lack of interest, lack of time, lack of tech to play on or they just focus on games they liked before and are used to before trying the new ones. I know a guy who occasionally still plays 10+ year old strategy games just because he likes them and isn't really keen on trying the new ones.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  12. Mark Richard Arcane

Mark Richard
    The longest period I've ever gone without gaming is a few months during a kind of isolated desert island scenario, but even then I was imagining the games I would play. I did not need food, because thoughts of gaming nourished my body. I did not need mental stimulation, because thoughts of gaming nourished my mind. During the long journey back to civilisation I glimpsed unnamed things beyond the veil of reality that would freeze your soul, but I would not be dissuaded from my path and clawed my way forward inch by inch. My destination loomed, and like the ending to an unaired Twilight Zone episode I arrived home... only to find all games were shit.

• Funny x 3
    • nice x 1
    • Prestigious x 1
    • Salute x 1
    • Creative x 1
    ^ Top  
  13. Steamboat Willie Learned

Steamboat Willie
    I play about one new release game per year - if that. Most of what I play is at least 10 years old.

• Balanced Balanced x 2
    • incline incline x 1
    • Despair Despair x 1
    • Salute Salute x 1
    ^ Top  
  14. Lautreamont Educated

Lautreamont
    Longest time without gaming: 3 years.
    Reason: Girlfriend.

• cuck cuck x 4
    ^ Top  
  15. Kalin Arcane Zionist Agent

Kalin

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    • Acknowledge this user's Agenda Acknowledge this user's Agenda x 1
    ^ Top  
  16. Crispy Who's really in charge here? Undisputed Queen of Faggotry

Crispy
    I'll stop playing computer games when I'm DEAD.

Show Spoiler
    Yeah, yeah, it won't be long, old man. Yada yada...

• Friendly Friendly x 4
    • Brofist Brofist x 1
    • :( :( x 1
    ^ Top  
  17. sullynathan Magister

sullynathan
    Me right now

• Despair Despair x 3
    ^ Top  
  18. DalekFlay Arcane Patron

DalekFlay
    I'm the opposite, if I'm not actively playing something I stop posting for the most part. I'm also on a movie forum and if I'm not super into watching movies lately I'll stop posting there too.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • incline incline x 1
    ^ Top  
  19. Zboj Lamignat Arcane

Zboj Lamignat
    There were a couple of years, somewhere between 2005-2010, when I pretty much did not play games at all. I was busy with social life and making a career, but it was also facilitated by me only having an access to an old laptop and the fact that there were pretty much no interesting games coming out. When I got a stable, well-paid job and stable gf, I bought myself a high end pc and went back. I think my gaming has been much "healthier" ever since. I don't spend nearly as much time on it as I used to in the nineties, but I also finish way more games, completed many classics that were in my backlog, don't start couple of different games at the same time only to drop them etc. I detest the direction in which the gaming business seems to be heading now, after a brief period of semi-incline, but I don't think I'll ever drop it unless life forces me to. I'd also be more than happy with my current collection even if potentially interesting games stopped getting released completely so whatever.

• Salute Salute x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Prestigious Prestigious x 1
    ^ Top  
  20. shihonage You see: shelter. Patron

shihonage
    Bubbles In Memoria
    I didn't quit gaming... gaming quit me.

• Friendly x 2
    • nice x 1
    • Funny x 1
    • Agree x 1
    • Interesting x 1
    • When words are not enough x 1
    ^ Top  
  21. Cyberarmy Love fool Patron

Cyberarmy
    Divinity: Original Sin 2
    Gaming quit with me with massive declines.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Participation Award Participation Award x 1
    ^ Top  
  22. Mr. Magniloquent Learned

Mr. Magniloquent
    Career, family, and changing interests have all combined to diminish my gaming to only a couple of hours a week. I find that even when I do game, the duration is willfully shorter anyhow. I tend to like the idea of gaming more than the actual experience these days. My time premium is too severe. RPGs (my preferred genre) are also too commitment intensive, so I postpone them seemingly indefinitely. It’s unlikely I will cease gaming entirely, but the time I spend on it now is relatively negligible. I will likely continue to accumulate a backlog that I will then spend my elder years enjoying in the same meticulous manner as I did in my youth.

^ Top  
  23. Nano Prestigious Gentleman Arcane Patron

Nano
    Seriously speaking, quitting gaming is the best thing you can do. It's literally a complete waste of time, and because of things like carpal tunnel it's actually detrimental to your health. Filling up the time you play games with other things like sports, socializing, self-caring, or even just extra sleep would be far better for you.

• decline x 5
    • incline x 1
    • FAKE NEWS x 1
    • cool story bro x 1
    • Yes x 1
    • STOP! posting x 1
    • Fabulously Optimistic x 1
    • NPC #61873 came up with this opinion all by his / herself x 1
    ^ Top  
  24. DalekFlay Arcane Patron

DalekFlay
    It would be better to eat salad or grilled chicken for every meal as well, but what kind of life is that?

• Agree Agree x 5
    ^ Top  
  25. Zboj Lamignat Arcane

Zboj Lamignat
    You sound like a total dweeb.

• Prestigious x 3
    • Agree x 2
    • Brofist x 1
    • Salute x 1
    • Shit x 1
    • Balanced x 1
    ^ Top  

(buying stuff via the above buttons helps us pay the hosting bills, thanks!)