Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 Pre-Release Thread [EARLY ACCESS RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Alpan

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Pathfinder: Wrath
Can someone point me to where it's mentioned that the reveal on February 27 will actually involve gameplay?

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
It's an educated guess, based on the fact that it's unlikely that Larian would ceremoniously announce a date after six months only to unveil another cinematic trailer.

Alpan

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Pathfinder: Wrath
It's an educated guess, based on the fact that it's unlikely that Larian would ceremoniously announce a date after six months only to unveil another cinematic trailer.

Reasonable, although they might just post Development Update 2. There's only been one such update, and the teaser does look suspiciously like a trailer for a documentary styled video.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

Reasonable, although they might just post Development Update 2. There's only been one such update, and the teaser does look suspiciously like a trailer for a documentary styled video.

Yeah, I'm sure there'll be one of those too.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
we waited as long for an announcement of when there will be a gameplay reveal for this game as we do for most game releases

Elex

Arbiter
we waited as long for an announcement of when there will be a gameplay reveal for this game as we do for most game releases
The announcement of the announcement,
Of the announcement of gameplay 5 second trailer, featuring RTBC*.

*Real Tentacles Based Combat.

Dodo1610

Arcane
LarianCover.jpg

This picture is now on the official Larian forum http://forums.larian.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=cfrm

we have waited for an announcement for what type of combat the game will have (real time, or turn-based) for longer than most games are are in production. Still, nothing. Never seen anything like it. Something is odd about this whole thing.

Self-Ejected

Lilura

RPG Codex Dragon Lady
Something is odd about this whole thing.

Larian = odd/awkward. The bizarre interviews with idiots. Look at the odd games they make. The characterizations and the "writing" (if you wanna call it that). Also, look at that forum header screencap above: there is nothing aesthetic about it. In fact, it looks ridiculous -- like something I'd post on my blog. :lol::lol:

Last edited:
Something is odd about this whole thing.

Larian = odd/awkward. The bizarre interviews with idiots. Look at the odd games they make. The characterizations and the "writing" (if you wanna call it that). Also, look at that forum header screencap above: there is nothing aesthetic about it. In fact, it looks ridiculous. :lol::lol:
yeah, my expectations are pretty low. I have not really enjoyed any of larians games, they are not ever really my thing. Too much silliness. Sometimes when I have very low expectations I end up being happier w/ the results. Actually this usually seems to be the case, so we shall see. I am probably jinxing this now however by being too 'aware' of the phenomena.

Last edited:
Self-Ejected

Lilura

RPG Codex Dragon Lady
Too much silliness

Cheap, quirky and puerile -- that's Larian. And monstrous/grotesque exaggerations are rampant. Their writing has been unreadable so far. BG had some silliness but it also managed srs Realmslore.

And yeah, it's best to have abysally low expectations and be negative Nancy; that way anything they don't mangle will be a pleasant surprise.

Last edited:

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Too much silliness

Cheap, quirky and puerile -- that's Larian. And monstrous/grotesque exaggerations are rampant. Their writing has been unreadable so far. BG had some silliness but it also managed srs Realmslore.

And yeah, it's best to have abysally low expectations and be negative Nancy; that way anything they don't mangle will be a pleasant surprise.
Their writing is pretty good in Divine Divinity and Beyond Divinity,it has plenty of dark in it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom