Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 hate thread

catfood

AGAIN
What's this "origin story" shit vs making your own characters? Is it just a premade character with special game interactions that you don't get if you make your own?
Pretty much. This system already existed in the prequel (D:OS 2).

So wait, if i make my own character i lose out on bits of the game?

WTF is this shit?
Think of it the other way around: If you choose a pre-made character you gain something. But that something is p shit so it doesn't matter too much. Any sane individual who plays Larian games uses mods that allow them to create their own party from the very beginning. And this is true for the BG games as well, btw.

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
At this point, I can not in good concious, support anything Larian will ever do again.
Please, show us where Swen touched you

You have betrayed everything your avatar represents
Don't you dare, i recently discovered that Maralie Fiddlebender was going to be a companion in The Black Hound and i am on the brink of a mental breakdown. I will forever love IWD and in my eyes its art and atmosphere will forever be unmatched, but I am still excited for a new D&D videogame release.

Ontopoly

Disco Hitler
The live stream will be tomorrow at 10 am pt. What do you guys think of what you've seen up to this point and what do you hope to see? Honestly at this point, nothing will change my mind except for some heavy reworking. And I mean HEAVY reworking

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
Swen is a cuck soyboy and Larian kings of mediocrity. I actually think this will turn out their best game though, and that's saying something about DOS and Divinity.

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
GhostCow pomenitul I'm generally pessimistic but consider this. Larian are being served a well-established setting, premade ruleset and premade campaign, helping them to evade a plethora of common pitfalls linked to system design, story, writing...

GhostCow

Balanced Gamer
Patron
I don't think that's going to help their shit writing at all. I don't think anything can. The style of dialogue options is already the worst I've ever seen in a game and I don't think they plan to change it

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
To me, nothing will ever come close to the Rennaisance era. But at least there are some innovative takes (verticality, sneaking, mage hand, box-sorting (?) subsystems). Overall it will turn out better than PoE, Numenera and Tyranny I think.

DavidBVal

4 Dimension Games
Patron
Developer
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Pathfinder: Wrath
Only a few months back you all expected it to be realtime and with no miss chance or spell slots. Can't imagine what magnitude of epic butthurt that would have reached... Definitely this looks and feels more like Divinity than BG but I always try to see the bright side. RPG genre becoming bigger may produce mainstream titles that I like less, but it also makes the whole RPG market bigger including the niches. It is good news. It is better than back when Dragon Age games were the only mainstream RPGs. A whole generation of new players being drawn to a new TB D&D RPG will lead to more and better TB RPGs in the years to come.

AArmanFV

Arbiter
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
Only a few months back you all expected it to be realtime and with no miss chance or spell slots. Can't imagine what magnitude of epic butthurt that would have reached... Definitely this looks and feels more like Divinity than BG but I always try to see the bright side. RPG genre becoming bigger may produce mainstream titles that I like less, but it also makes the whole RPG market bigger including the niches. It is good news. It is better than back when Dragon Age games were the only mainstream RPGs. A whole generation of new players being drawn to a new TB D&D RPG will lead to more and better TB RPGs in the years to come.

And if that happens a few new players will get interested and maybe a bunch will want niche CRPGs when they get bored of the mainstream ones, or they will discover them if they reach this forum.

Ontopoly

Disco Hitler
Too much walking around and jumping and gimmicky crate placement. Takes forever and isn't interesting at all. Finally get into some combat which is nice I guess, finish it and then walk around interacting with spiderwebs again. For so long. Too much fluff. Get rid of the fluff and keep the actual content. More interacting with objects than actual combat, what I expect from this shit.

Ontopoly

Disco Hitler
Can't wait until realms beyond. They will show how turn based games should be. and pathfinder wort will show how rtwp should be. It's a good time to rpg if you ignore the big shit stain in the middle of the room

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom