Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Blizzard announced "Classic" World of Warcraft

Discussion in 'MMO(RP)G / Online Discussion' started by Lacrymas, Nov 3, 2017.

1. Absinthe Erudite

Absinthe
    That guy is fucking terrible. He thinks it's his gear. It's him. He doesn't know how to play, at all. His opponents are trash too, but still do better than him. And while Warriors are considered shit until they get geared up at 60, that doesn't apply to level 30 twink PvP where Warriors can aggressively scale with gear while all the casters are hard-pressed to find any +spell damage or +healing at all.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  2. Edija Savant Patron

Edija
    I want to play but I can't take the grind anymore. I might pop in for world PvP

• Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  3. Cyberarmy Love fool Patron

Cyberarmy
    Divinity: Original Sin 2
    At low levels anything deals physical damage via weapons were god-like if you found a decent weapon for that level. Ench.shamans were much more broken thanks to having magic on top of it, I remember killing same level magi with 1 frost shock and proced melee attack.
    I miss those good'ol unbalanced days. Days before that Arena fuckery...

Last edited: May 30, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 2
    ^ Top  
  4. Ninjerk Arcane

Ninjerk

"Did I use Bloodrage? Did I do that?"

• hopw roewur ne hopw roewur ne x 3
    ^ Top  
  5. hivemind Scholar Pretty Princess

hivemind
    rodent in blue bis 10+ levels above beating some randoms

god I hate him

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    • Yes Yes x 1
    ^ Top  
  6. hivemind Scholar Pretty Princess

hivemind
    by allah such dogs would be killed in the caliphate

• incline x 5
    • nice x 1
    • Funny x 1
    • Agree x 1
    • Edgy x 1
    • Friendly x 1
    • retadred x 1
    ^ Top  
  7. Seethe Savant

Seethe
    Because his following are even bigger retards than he is. Also sodapoppin is a piece of shit. I'd rather watch assmongoloid instead.

• hopw roewur ne hopw roewur ne x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • WTF am I reading WTF am I reading x 1
    ^ Top  
  8. Wilian Arcane Patron

Wilian
    Divinity: Original Sin
    I am just glad I don't derive my enjoyment or disenjoyment from whatever some streamer is doing. :greatjob:

• Brofist Brofist x 4
    • cool story bro cool story bro x 1
    ^ Top  
  9. hivemind Scholar Pretty Princess

hivemind
    shut the fuck up

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  10. hivemind Scholar Pretty Princess

hivemind
    i will kill you

• Thanks! Thanks! x 2
    • nice nice x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    ^ Top  
  11. Wilian Arcane Patron

Wilian
    Divinity: Original Sin
    I served in army. You are a pretty princess. Come at me.

• Funny x 2
    • Thanks! x 1
    • Salute x 1
    • [citation needed] x 1
    • M'lady x 1
    ^ Top  
  12. infidel Arcane Developer

infidel
    Hasn't Asmon said already he's going to play on PvE server what it launches?

• Despair Despair x 1
    ^ Top  
  13. hivemind Scholar Pretty Princess

hivemind
    assmongreloid

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
    ^ Top  
  14. Lycra Suit Arbiter

Lycra Suit
    It's for the best. Any famous streamer would get constantly ganked or surround themselves with an army of orbiters making any zone they're in unplayable.

^ Top  
  15. Bester Arcane Patron Vatnik

Bester
    All streamers are from the US.

Europe is free from this disease.

• incline incline x 7
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • FAKE NEWS FAKE NEWS x 1
    • [citation needed] [citation needed] x 1
    ^ Top  
  16. Absinthe Erudite

Absinthe
    Hivemind, stop being a fucking LARPer.

Those days are not coming back. In 1.4 they nerfed Windfury from 3 bonus attacks to 2 (also WF will no longer proc off itself) and in 1.11 they cut windfury's bonus attack power by half. Windfury was determined to be overpowered despite the fact that it failed as a DPS spec in PvE and was a crap spec for PvP since you're basically playing slots hoping for that 20% proc to put you within a margin of victory, not to mention you're playing a melee without without charge or sprint. Classic WoW is 1.12 so enjoy. The good news is that since the Blizzard balance team does not understand the game they were balancing, they believed enhance was the PvP spec and nerfed it when in reality the best Shaman PvP spec was 30/0/21 elemental which does surprisingly high damage, cannot be kited, and has much better heals.

I expected streamers would roll PvE, honestly. So play a PvP server and your server will probably never have to deal streamers. Instead you just have to deal with a 40% rogue server population up your ass, but you could always be the rogue. Or a druid, but then you need to raid for gear.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2019
    ^ Top  
  17. Lacrymas Arcane

Lacrymas
    I suspect Windfury was nerfed because of the totem. Enh shaman was never a good spec in vanilla, be it PvP or PvE, it was a one-trick pony that heavily relied on RNG and it had nothing else going for it.

• Agree Agree x 2
    ^ Top  
  18. hivemind Scholar Pretty Princess

hivemind
    shut the FUCK UP

I might have the hormone levels of a plastics poisoned soyboy but i will still KILL YOU if you fuck with me

• Rage Rage x 2
    • Fabulously Optimistic Fabulously Optimistic x 2
    • Balanced Balanced x 1
    ^ Top  
  19. Generic-Giant-Spider Arcane

Generic-Giant-Spider
    Considering the Beta is capped at 30, Warriors should be doing monster damage compared to other classes since you can do the Berserker Stance quest line in Arathi Highlands and get the Whirlwind Axe which is pretty much a level 40 weapon. They should be gibbing lifebars.

• Yes Yes x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  20. GrainWetski Arcane

GrainWetski
    Yeah, I'm not worried. All the big streamers are definitely from NA, so we'll at least be free from Assmongoloid and the other retards running around with 500 people helping them.

^ Top  
  21. Parabalus Arcane

Parabalus
    Having the same thoughts myself. Considering you either need to raid or grinds premade BGs to get decent gear the hours required are pretty steep.

• Prestigious Prestigious x 1
    ^ Top  
  22. Hobo Elf Arcane

Hobo Elf
    Thanks for reminding me that WoW players had the absolute worst taste in music.

• Yes Yes x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    ^ Top  
  23. Lacrymas Arcane

Lacrymas
    Eh, not really. It depends on how active you want to be. PvP gear is a grindfest and I don't recommend it. Vanilla PvP is terrible in general and there's no way to test your skills, it's just an almost endless grind. As for raids, you can only log in for 3 hours a week and do the current content, it's not that big of a deal. But if your guild wants you to run every raid, it can get very time-consuming. The guild as an entity does need to farm every raid throughout the whole vanilla, MC for bindings, BWL for elementium and some BiS gear, ZG for enchants, AQ20/40 for books and idols, world bosses for BiS items. Only Onyxia doesn't drop anything that is always needed if you don't rotate your raid roster, since you need her scales for the cloak. When I played in Kronos, I didn't want to raid anything other than current tier and I didn't. I was low priority for drops due to that, however, even though I was there from the start and never missed a raid, so it depends on your loot council. I eventually got everything I wanted, though, so it's just a matter of time and patience.

As for consumable grinding, if you grind everything, it's time-consuming. If you play the AH, it's not only incredibly faster and more efficient, but also fun. So, yeah, the grind is overstated in the sense there are ways around it.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  24. frajaq Arbiter

frajaq
    do NOT click on any Asmongold video unless you want him infesting your recommended youtube videos bar forever

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Despair Despair x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • WTF am I reading WTF am I reading x 1
    ^ Top  
  25. Metro Arcane Beg Auditor

Metro
    This is a necessary rule because as you continually gear people up (including newer people) you need enough raiders to do some amount of older content.

• Yes Yes x 1
    ^ Top  

(buying stuff via the above buttons helps us pay the hosting bills, thanks!)