Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Blizzcon 2019

whydoibother

Arcane
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
Between Friday, Nov 1, 2019 and Saturday, Nov 2, 2019 ('Merikkka time), Activision-Blizzard will be presenting their new offerings, selling e-sports, and trying to damage control recent controversies.
What do you expect from this year's convention?

More or less confirmed:
>Diablo 4 in some form (it was already confirmed for last year's Blizzcon, and was pulled late)
>World of Warcraft expansion (always have one of those, probably Lich King themed according to leaked models)
>Warcraft III HD release (to go with the Lich King themed expansions and remind people about the lore there)
>Diablo Mobile game from yesteryear (made in China, for China)

Rumored:
>Diablo 1/2 remakes (possibly for phones, which you guys surely have)
>Overwatch 2 (work title, could just be a singleplayer component for Overwatch, or could be a new game to reset lootboxes on whales)
>Hearthstone expansion (they already said there will be 3 this year, maybe show the third)

Unlikely:
>StarCraft stuff (its dead, Jim)
>Non-Blizzard stuff on state (Destiny is out, and Call of Duty would be too cynical for this bitter crowd)
>new IP (after we know for a fact they cancelled a Diablo Dark Souls game, and a StarCraft shooter, they couldn't have the manpower to work on yet another game in parallel)

Kingcomrade:
>fans asking about Hong Kong

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
I mean you pretty much covered everything, didn't you? So yeah.

D4 and D2 remaster is what I want. And HS expansion.

Azalin

Arcane
Patron
What do you expect from this year's convention?

People yelling "Free Hong Kong" during a presentation and the security trying to remove them from the room while people on the stage look awkwardly at the whole scene and that chink developer from last year saying"what don't you people have communism and social scores?

Last edited:

Jedi Exile

Arcanum
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I am not even sure I want to play Diablo 4, considering how Diablo 3 turned out. And now we have Path of Exile and Grim Dawn, which I like more (they have their own problems though).

DeepOcean

Arcane
Diablo 4 is going to be an open-world first-person action RPG with a focus on loot, like a mix of Skyrim and Borderlands. You've heard it here first!
Not forgetting the Battle net store 2.0 with microtransactions and a whole lot of grinding to strong arm you into wasting your money, what not to like?

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
Yeah, project Fenris or w/e it's called is what I'm excited the most about.

"There’s a lot of people who felt like Diablo 3 got away from what made Diablo Diablo in terms of art style and spell effects," one unnamed Blizzard employee claimed. "They want to make [Fenris] gross, make it dark, [get rid of] anything that was considered cartoony in Diablo 3… Make what people were afraid of in Diablo 2..."

Gerrard

Arcane
During the Q&A panel someone should give them a Pooh mascot and ask them to set it on the table.

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
Diablo 2 Remaster for the 20th anniversary next year is a no-brainer.

Hope so. I think Starcraft remaster turned out :5/5: while Warcraft remaster turned out :3/5:

There has been some talk about D2 being hard to recreate cause of missing assets, but I think that's all massive bull. The assets are all inside game files. The folk at Phrozen Keep are amazing and should act as consultants to Blizzard regarding the remaster.

whydoibother

Arcane
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
There has been some talk about D2 being hard to recreate cause of missing assets.
Its hard to recreate, because of Satanic assets. Hard to release that today, for a global company. If you haven't played D2 recently, revisit it, and think how all of it would look in a more photo-realistic aesthetic, and with mode detail and HD. And think how well the marketing screenshots would go down in the press and with popular opinion from non-gamers. Or in that country, in the east.

Gerrard

Arcane
There has been some talk about D2 being hard to recreate cause of missing assets, but I think that's all massive bull. The assets are all inside game files. The folk at Phrozen Keep are amazing and should act as consultants to Blizzard regarding the remaster.
And what exactly are they supposed to do with those low res sprites? They were probably talking about the original models from which those sprites were rendered.

Suicidal

Arcane
Diablo 4 is going to be an open-world first-person action RPG with a focus on loot, like a mix of Skyrim and Borderlands. You've heard it here first!

That would be an improvement over what Diablo is now, which is basically a high production value cookie clicker.

eXalted

Arcane
The same thing SCR and HoMM HD did with theirs. Polish, sharpen, repaint, w/e.
bcC2Ycr.jpg

Oh God....

:killitwithfire::timetoburn::flamesaw:

Valky

Arcane
Manlet
The same thing SCR and HoMM HD did with theirs. Polish, sharpen, repaint, w/e.
bcC2Ycr.jpg

Oh God....

:killitwithfire::timetoburn::flamesaw:
Never forget the so called Heroes III HD Edition is empirically inferior in quality to the original game and ubisoft additionally used map sprites as comparisons against combat sprites to dishonestly support their claim that their pile of shit HD edition was necessary.
Also it was missing campaigns LMAO HOLY SHIT HOW DO YOU FUCK UP THAT BADLY

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom