Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

CKII is released.

CreamyBlood

Arcane
Awesome. Now I just need to figure out how to buy the game without spending TWO MILLION DOLLARS to get the full meal deal. Not that I'll buy it anyways. If it's too complicated to buy the damn thing, it's probably too complicated to actually play.

So, anyone else playing a lot CK2 Random World (available with the Holy Fury DLC)? Because I am and I'm having a blast. I also heavily modify the game files to make it more realistic and fun.

Thinking of trying that in my next game.

I've heard that Shattered World as Catholic results in half of all the norsemen in the world running non-stop trains on your count-level ass until Catholic MA is so low, people say Catholicism is the ghey in front of the Inquisition and they can't do shit about it and its heresy everywhere.

Beastro

Arcane
Now that we have a kill counter I just like killing people. If they were heretics and killing them helps stabilize the realm, all the better.

Executing prisoners did that to me from the start. Always get a chuckle looking at someone's family history and seeing who and how many of their ancestors I'd murders over the centuries.

On this note. Does anyone here knows how Spain actually came to be Spain? I do know their brief history and all,but i never saw anything about the actual change of the name. There were two kingdoms,then some inbreed fuckary and the next thing you know is that it is Spain. I searched a little bit on google but couldn't find anything about. Any ideas or nice sources to read?

Overrun by Muslims, vestigal parts survived, Portugal developed from one, Castile, Leon, Aragon grew, Castile and Leon united, all pushed back slowly against the Mussie until Castile united with Aragon.

Spain's an odd country in its history and how its taken as it's usually looked on as comparable to France and England, yet is kind of an Iberia version of the Habsburg Monarchy to this day with "Spanish" being a word used by central government trying to enforce Castilian culture on everyone else for centuries, which is where the drama in Catalonia and such comes from.

It also really annoys me that you can't execute traitors or strip all of their titles. That makes no sense.
If a duke rebels, he should be executed or have all of his titles stripped. Whever I strip a duke of his title, he's still taking up one or 2 counties as a count. How's that a solution for removing a troublesome count? And the tyrant penalty is 30 years, which is retarded.

If I remove his titles or execute him, the rest of the vassals want to rebel even more, which goes against the entire point of punishing rebels. Its dumb, and flies in the face of the argument that this game is meant to be a "simulation"

My solution is to play the game before that kind of crap was introduced.

Last edited:

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
That was in since the start. They really should make an entire expansion around tyrant options, since currently you just keep playing nice and acting like some sort of modern rule of law government, because being a tyrant is just asking for massive trouble.

Beastro

Arcane
That was in since the start. They really should make an entire expansion around tyrant options, since currently you just keep playing nice and acting like some sort of modern rule of law government, because being a tyrant is just asking for massive trouble.

You got relations penalties from doing tyrannical things, but the mechanic of tyranny itself wasnt in. It's been a few years since I last gave ti a go and have been putting on trying to restore a proper old version of the game to play, so I'll admit if I'm wrong.

Vaarna_Aarne

It's still just a penalty to relations, there's no real mechanic of tyranny, which is a shame. It would be nice to play a tyrant without it being self-defeating.

Beastro

Arcane
It's still just a penalty to relations, there's no real mechanic of tyranny, which is a shame. It would be nice to play a tyrant without it being self-defeating.

Wasn't there something added later that would have you getting +5 to tyranny per revocation or something in addition to damaged relations?

Vaarna_Aarne

Nah it's just an effect (not duration) stacking type of opinion penalty.

EDIT: Playing Holy Fury with new pagan stuff now, the Eldership succession system does make it a lot less urgent to try and get out of Tribal since you can have a succession type that isn't a total perpetual shitshow. Honestly, I'd probs use it above old Elective system too, since even if you have to deal with pissed off grandpas every 50 years or so when they want you to give land to some asshat they'll still keep the titles in your dynasty so it's only a speedbump at best if you have to spend time finding the perfect chance to kill off the sub-optimal supreme leader (though that shouldn't be too hard either, just use the lodge to duel with your stuff unequipped and hopefully when you're sick or something).

Also, Norse got REALLY strong this patch (using Old Gods start, so Karlings are also about), they're running an assfuck conga line all over British Isles (well used to, now they run the place in its entirety).

Last edited:

vonAchdorf

Arcane
Not being able to strip powerful rebels off all their titles (without incurring tyranny) is IMO more historically correct.

Vaarna_Aarne

True, it reflects the level of decentralization and the way structures organized around various sorts of guarantees, privileges and rights. After all, it took a long time before the king of France got things set up in such away that he could collect taxes all on his own authority.

HeroMarine

Irenaeus
Vatnik
You want pyramids? We got 'em!

wxydUWC.png

Oh, you're into castles, huh? We got you covered, baby!

Read more (no pets):

https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/ck2-dev-diary-112-wonderful-news.1152921/

This game is still relevant, God damn it!

wwsd

Arcane
Vatnik
I like the idea of building cathedrals and such. Not sure how it would work out or how you would procure funding. Will it just be a thing the player can sink his own money into? Or can he pool together funding from his realm (vassals, clergy, etc.)?

Not sure about "Wonders" in general. How many "Wonders" were there in Medieval Europe other than churches? What about existing ones? If I recall correctly, the Colosseum was neglected by the popes, and the Muslims tried but failed to destroy one of the Pyramids. I guess it's nice to have the option to reverse that course, but I wonder how much it adds to the core game. Or maybe they'll overdo it and soon every shithole will have a grand cathedral!

I do like this idea in terms of adding more to realm/city management, giving you more incentive to improve your demesne. Prosperity and the (rather uncommon) ability to add a holding slot to a prosperous country already contributed to this a bit. It would be good to have more of that, just as long as it isn't overdone to avoid turning it into a sim game.

Pyramids? WTWSMS intensifies

Also Coliseum seems like the kind of thing you do if you reform hellenic. Who needs executions when you can turn your renegade vassals into gladiators?

the (rather uncommon) ability to add a holding slot to a prosperous country already contributed to this a bit.

How you do that, anyway? I remember this Britanny game where I once managed to get extra holding slots in every single Brittanian county. How do I do it?

I do like this idea in terms of adding more to realm/city management, giving you more incentive to improve your demesne. Prosperity and the (rather uncommon) ability to add a holding slot to a prosperous country already contributed to this a bit. It would be good to have more of that, just as long as it isn't overdone to avoid turning it into a sim game.

I'm always a fan of more management and building up stuff.

I do think its a bit shallow again right now - Its pretty much building Castle Towns and new Cities. When you can't build either, hold your money for mercs to take more land. Building up your desmene beyond that is only worth it when you are big enough and finally own the big duchies and counties you want (say, two or three Duchies, and around eight-twelve counties or so) otherwise you're just giving free shit to a future angry vassal.

One thing I would like to see is a revamp of Castles and Sieges. Right now, Sieges are pretty boring and so are Castles. Park a big enough stack, and you can even take Constantinople.

I would like to see the ability to customize your castle into a powerful Unbreakable Fortress that would make Rogal Dorn cry mainly tears at the sight of it. Sieges should be grueling for both sides. A revamp of siege events would rock. I like the ability of, for example, assigning commanders to a siege, so you can put a master fortificator there and make the enemy weep blood. Reinforce your sieged holding through the seas, and so on.

This is the stuff I would love to see in-game:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Siege_of_Constantinople_(626)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Siege_of_Constantinople_(717–718)

HeroMarine

Irenaeus
Vatnik
the (rather uncommon) ability to add a holding slot to a prosperous country already contributed to this a bit.
How you do that, anyway? I remember this Britanny game where I once managed to get extra holding slots in every single Brittanian county. How do I do it?

Go to \Steam\steamapps\common\Crusader Kings II\events and open this file in a notepad: rip_prosperity_events.txt

Ctrl+l to event RIP.11705

province_event = { #Reclaim Land
id = RIP.11705
title = PROSPERITY_TITLE
desc = RIP.11705.d
picture = "GFX_evt_culture_change"
border = GFX_event_normal_frame_economy

has_flag = crown_focus_province

trigger = {
has_province_modifier = prosperity_modifier_3
NOT = {
num_of_max_settlements = 7
}
}

mean_time_to_happen = {
years = 65
modifier = {
factor = 1.2
owner = {
independent = no
}
}
modifier = {
factor = 0.9
owner = {
stewardship = 12
}
}
modifier = {
factor = 0.9
owner = {
stewardship = 16
}
}
modifier = {
factor = 0.9
owner = {
stewardship = 18
}
}
modifier = {
factor = 0.9
owner = {
learning = 12
}
}
modifier = {
factor = 0.9
owner = {
learning = 16
}
}
modifier = {
factor = 0.9
owner = {
learning = 18
}
}
modifier = {
factor = 0.9
owner = {
is_smart_trigger = yes
}
}
modifier = {
factor = 0.9
owner = {
OR = {
trait = administrator
trait = architect
trait = scholar
trait = gardener
}
}
}
modifier = {
factor = 0.9
owner = {
trait = diligent
}
}
modifier = {
factor = 0.9
owner = {
OR = {
trait = scholarly_theologian
trait = mastermind_theologian
trait = charismatic_negotiator
trait = grey_eminence
trait = fortune_builder
trait = midas_touched
}
}
}
}

option = {
name = RIP.11705.a

ai_chance = {
factor = 95
}

owner = {
scaled_wealth = -2.5
}
add_holding_slot = 1
}
option = {
name = RIP.11705.b

ai_chance = {
factor = 5
}

}
}

The Wall

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
All I see is more irrelevant busywork

Problem is that everything can be labeled as such, including your, this and every single here and everywhere else post. Some could argue you summed in single sentence life. That's not what I see. All I see is irrelevant shitpost everywhere. Guess if anything is fun then it's not entirely irrelevant

I think wonders and more options to build stuff in CK2 will be fun, just like time wasted on Codex is

Shadenuat

Arcane
My indian wife and 3 concubines brought me 12 daughters and 1 chinese boy which I am not sure was bastard or not, he spent most time in the dungeon due to kingdom of my liege having 20000 peasant revolts in 8th century for hundred years but he befriended a pet rat there so good enough.

I think some of my sisters? aunts? I am not sure?? now also rebel and fight my liege from all directions with their husbands for love to their lonely chinese brother.

also I sent my chinese mother to china Emperor as concubine for points since she was the only one Emperor liked.

Light cav is indeed bloody op it just roflstomps everything.
Just began game Catholics at 0 authority nice changes to crusades will play again

Last edited:

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
All I see is more irrelevant busywork

Problem is that everything can be labeled as such, including your, this and every single here and everywhere else post. Some could argue you summed in single sentence life. That's not what I see. All I see is irrelevant shitpost everywhere. Guess if anything is fun then it's not entirely irrelevant

I think wonders and more options to build stuff in CK2 will be fun, just like time wasted on Codex is

When I think Early to High Middle Ages, I immediately think "Wonders of the Ancient World". Doesn't make sense? Of course not. Therefore it doesn't belong in a game about the Middle Ages, but Paradox have no idea where they are going with CK2 (or HoI4, or Stellaris).

vonAchdorf

Arcane
They should just do a religion focused DLC with Cathedral projects and theocracies. Cathedrals were at least centuries long projects.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
They should do orthodox focused DLC. Every time i get interested by the focus of the DLC and then it is a low effort shit that adds nothing of value.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom