Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Death Stranding Director's Cut - Kojima's post-apocalyptic deliveryman simulator

This game is fucking disturbing, it's like finding your roommate's diary one day and every page is about his fantasy of being a pregnant UPS guy.

Is he already a UPS guy, or is that also part of the fantasy?

ultimanecat

Arcane
In all honesty it's weird because the open world in MGSV isn't nearly so bad as long as you look at it like an interconnected mission map (and you leave as soon as you're done doing something) and not as a huge goofy place to dick around in. Now it looks like you don't have a choice and just stumble over terrain as you're primary gameplay.

Just woke up and they're about to show more of this live.

Well it's over and they didn't really show anything besides playing in your room and editing the look of it.

Last edited:

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I wonder if anyone will be mad that he's wearing a red hat while making America great again?

Already happened. Check the subreddit for the game. Or rather don't, I have never seen a more cultish type of fanboys than those dudes, and this is coming from someone that is looking forward to the game.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
He is peeing..... it would be ok if it was a game like postal, but in a game like this its retarded.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard

This game is very close to what I'd imagine a big budget NEO Scavenger would look like.

ok so this actualy gives some info..... its a open world survival delivery simulator..... all the other survival games i played were pretty boring, because all you do there is 'survive' by eating and not dying and that's the whole point of those games.... this looks like you don't have to eat and you have missions where you deliver stuff from one point to another, so it might be interesting in that aspect that you have missions where you have things to do.... might not be that bad after all as I see there are some in-depth mechanics around delivering the stuff.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
Theres online element like in Dark Souls, but you can see the items other players left, ladders, boxers, structures etc....... i wonder how they will balance if 1000 players will leave stuff in the same place?

Nifft Batuff

Prophet
It's a clever metaphor for modern RPGs. Everything is reduced to fetch-quest and trivial repetitive tasks. The exciting modern game of the new generations has become like the boring work of the old generations.

DJOGamer PT

Arcane
zy46Af5.png

It's a clever metaphor for modern RPGs. Everything is reduced to fetch-quest and trivial repetitive tasks. The exciting modern game of the new generations has become like the boring work of the old generations.

It does feel like he's taken the biggest aspect of Rockstar Games and Bethesda Games Studios games, moving from location to location, and added gameplay into the equation my making the terrain, the balance of your equipment, and stuff like your boots things you have to think about when trying to get where you're going.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
I've been replaying BOTW and rdr 2 lately and noticed that 80% of time i'm just running from one place to another....... so having an actual game with mechanics and game based around running, Kojima might have something there.

There's a difference when you just run aimlessly like in open world games where you just run because you must get from point A to B, that's boring, but Kojima has actual mechanics based around just that... i'm thinking now that this game might be pretty good after all.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom