Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Divinity: Original Sin Pre-Release Thread

Breydel

Literate
Yup. They actually said that this was originally a mistake, but they decided to leave it in.

I think this is what you would refer to as 'incline'.

made

Arcane
The goal is 1mil. I crave them NPC schedules.

Time to put this in the spotlight now that the Torment KS is done?

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
And by the by, Larian should be pretty pleased that they've already raised more money than Dead State did in its entire run. Give it another week or so and they'll have more backers too. Go tradfant!
Larian is suffering from the classic KS malady of "need X dollars, ask for two thirds of that," so I don't think they are entirely pleased.
They don't "need" anything. They claim they can ship a perfectly fine game even without the kickstarter money.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
They need it because it would make the game better. Perfectly fine is not enough.
IMO NPC schedules would not make it better and we can do without. Divinity 2 didn't need it.

evdk

comrade troglodyte :M
Patron
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
They need it because it would make the game better. Perfectly fine is not enough.
IMO NPC schedules would not make it better and we can do without. Divinity 2 didn't need it.
Don't pledge then, it's pretty simple. I on the other hand believe that anything that makes the game more like U7 (except the patented Clusterfuck Combat™) is an incline.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Don't pledge then, it's pretty simple. I on the other hand believe that anything that makes the game more like U7 (except the patented Clusterfuck Combat™) is an incline.
Nah, I'm keeping my pledge the way it is. I doubt my dollars are going to mean the difference between getting a mill or not.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
I've not mentioned or alluded to Josh in any way on this page at all (till now). Someone's afflicted with apophenia. :roll:

made

Arcane
If you don't like NPC schedules (and why the hell wouldn't you?) do it for the other mechanics they stuffed in the 1 mil tier: weather and day-night cycle affecting NPC behavior and combat. Ever since TW1 I can't bring myself to play an RPG where NPCs don't take shelter from rain. But, uh, additional tactical considerations during combat are always welcome as well, I guess?

evdk

Patron
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Nah, I'm keeping my pledge the way it is. I doubt my dollars are going to mean the difference between getting a mill or not.
You mean, You have actually pledged to D:OS? If so, we have to inform Swen. No doubt, he'll cry tears of joy. :)
Yep, if they'll have some backer only forum Roguey'll get to participate. Tears of joy indeed.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
You mean, You have actually pledged to D:OS? If so, we have to inform Swen. No doubt, he'll cry tears of joy. :)
Shhh, I had to get in on the pants deal just to lord it over those who wouldn't get them. Then he made it free for everyone.

ForkTong

Larian Studios
Developer
Larian is suffering from the classic KS malady of "need X dollars, ask for two thirds of that," so I don't think they are entirely pleased.
No. We went for 400K and had no idea how we would do. Some even thought it was too high, others thought it was too low. We had discussions about "what if we don't make it". 400K was something that we thought we could get to, given sales figures of Divinity titles in the first couple of weeks.

evdk

Patron
No. We went for 400K and had no idea how we would do. Some even thought it was too high, others thought it was too low. We had discussions about "what if we don't make it". 400K was something that we thought we could get to, given sales figures of Divinity titles in the first couple of weeks.
Then why are NPC schedules at $1M???:(

ForkTong

Larian Studios
Developer
Because we want to do it right. We didn't come to KS to get schedules in the game. We came to KS to get more life / things to do / more choice and consequence / extra quests / "density" in the game. If people want schedules, we cannot do that on top of all that.

ForkTong

Larian Studios
Developer
We could do it the half-ass way: NPC is on market, NPC goes to bed. No matter where he is, or what he's doing, he always has the same dialogue. Still takes a bit of scripting, but it's not really cool.

If you go to sleep, you lock your house. If I wake you up in the middle of the night cause I lockpicked your door, you're not gonna go "oh hello".

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
How about human organs delivered on ice? Will you accept them as currency as well?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom