Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Divinity: Original Sin Pre-Release Thread

LundB

Mistakes were made.
Is there any chance of pledging for the game via Paypal or something? I don't particularly feel compelled to use kickstarter any longer after the whole Susan Wilson shitshow.

I think they're going to be setting up a PayPal button once the original 400K funding goal is reached. That's KS policy. So, should be in a couple of days.

Who is Susan Wilson?

That millionaire lady who wanted 900-odd dollars to send her girl to rpg camp, for the glory of feminism or something.
Basically, a kickstarter where someone asking for money had a face like this-
swilsonblackshirtmedium_zps93c5fefa.jpg

tl;dr: scam-shitstorm-femnazism and all that.

I really don't get why anyone should be butthurt over that. Anyone who contributed to giving some kid over $23k to go to an $839 camp and buy a laptop in the first place is a dumbass and deserves to lose that money. Dumbfucks get poorer, their cause isn't furthered at all, and some upper-middle class family gets a free mortgage payment thanks to their retardation.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Creator Larian Studios LLC 1 minute ago
Lo and behold, I readied an update
With stories untold and steady image rate
But I shall wait till the counter hits the 366
For the agony of man is what gives me my kicks!
-Bellegar

*Update Song*

Creator Larian Studios LLC 1 minute ago
The update song doth not be used!
Its evil tunes do not amuse!
Playing it dirty is what you do?
Then I shall raise that number to three seven two!
-Bellegar

:(

Zep Zepo

Titties and Beer
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual
Nice. Love that update.

@Larian,

How hard is it to have to go back and recode things to meet stretch goals? Being a programmer myself, I can't imagine having to go back and plug all that stuff in. It has to be a nightmare. :P

Zep--

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
So, the codex fundraiser of this thing, how does that shit work, can i still get the game or what?

ForkTong

Larian Studios
Developer
@Larian,

How hard is it to have to go back and recode things to meet stretch goals? Being a programmer myself, I can't imagine having to go back and plug all that stuff in. It has to be a nightmare. :P

Zep--

For coders, it's doable. It's more work for the designers.

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Poke some famous youtube guys and poke more of the press!
I twitted Spoony yesterday about this nice game inspired by Ultima VII, but he ignored me (so far).

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/larianstudios/divinity-original-sin/posts/447872?ref=activity

Announcements, Single Player and Dropping In, Talents and Traits Update #8
So much text. :x I wouldn't mind if not for the fact I'll probably be translating this update to potato, like the previous ones. Oh well, the price of fighting for :incline:. *sigh*

Diablo169

Arcane
Hes already covered it about 9 months ago, his video is the second hit you get on Youtube when you search for the game. It would be great if he agreed to do another video but I don't know how likely that is.

Hes already covered it about 9 months ago, his video is the second hit you get on Youtube when you search for the game. It would be great if he agreed to do another video but I don't know how likely that is.

They should send him alpha/demo, and he should do WTF is, 'cause that video ain't it. Hopefully he can play it a bit, and comment. He will probably do it then.

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Some codex staff will let you know Swen. Crooked Bee?

Honestly, I'm not sure we should request any additional incentive(s) for our Divinity: OS fundraiser. It's already at $780/$1000 without even being featured on the front page! It's p. obvious it's gonna reach its goal anyway.

(Well, maybe if DU wants smth like that... Then he could arrange it himself. :P I've grown lazy.)

made

Arcane
Well, you could increase the goal some. Torment was like 5k.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom