Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

ELEX ELEX RELEASE THREAD

The_Mask

Just like Yves, I chase tales.
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
I found the (mandatory) Dark Souls reference in ELEX.

Was fun.

Also... this game is fucking awesome. I'm going to replay it at least 2 (to 10 billion) more times.

Jermu

Arbiter
Patron
Just finished this game on hard/cleric mode. Good game overall but Nasty and scenes/main story around her were.. nasty. Probably gonna play again insane + melee berserker next year.

Today I learned that you can turn off the combat auto-lock in the settings and suddenly it's as if i am god, destroyer of worlds.

Murk

Arcane
ff64f29d4b41715ed3c678f16b3afbda.jpg

I must go, my people are calling.

487bfa09ee708e413d679ba8a8b81324.jpg

Murk

Arcane
Are you replaying with that Overhaul mod, Murk?

Those are actually old screenshots (November 2017), but I plan to restart with the overhaul. Currently going through Fallout 2 again with a melee build right now, but maybe 1-2 days off from finishing it so after that I will be.

Last edited:

Jinn

Arcane
Those are actually old screenshots (November 2017), but I plan to restart with the overhaul. Currently going through Fallout 2 again with a melee build right now, but maybe 1-2 days off from finishing it so after that I will be.

Awesome. I was curious to read some impressions on it. I'd probably try it myself, but I'm trying to wait until a solid announcement for ELEX 2 comes before I go for another playthrough of ELEX.

Murk

Arcane

Awesome. I was curious to read some impressions on it. I'd probably try it myself, but I'm trying to wait until a solid announcement for ELEX 2 comes before I go for another playthrough of ELEX.

I had been meaning to do a Berserker playthrough anyway (only did the other two) so figured it's as good an excuse as any to play it, plus I'm on a post-apocalyptic setting binge now. Though I wonder if I can resist the siren call to join the outlaws?

Jinn

Arcane
I had been meaning to do a Berserker playthrough anyway (only did the other two) so figured it's as good an excuse as any to play it, plus I'm on a post-apocalyptic setting binge now. Though I wonder if I can resist the siren call to join the outlaws?

I've only done a Berserker playthrough. Torn between Clerics and Outlaws for this next one. Outlaws are tempting because they seem to be a little more rich in content, but I much prefer the environment and overall faction tone of the Clerics.

When I played the first time, I intentionally avoided the majority of sidequests for the factions I didn't belong to so I'd have that full-faction-feel when I did my next playthrough, so I'm excited for both in their own ways.

Murk

Arcane
The major weapon changes are detailed in the manual, and one of the things I found weird in my play through has been fully altered (the way two weapons basically leapfrog with upgrades -- like how the chain sword and chainsaber are different weapons with 3 upgrades each, but basically the chainsaber is chainsword +1 from the start). Though it seems more aimed at ranged weapons than melee weapons, with each one given a specific use. Like cultivator bow, hunter bow, and war bow each have a specific intention in mind (high damage low ROF, intended for multi-shot, intended for seeking shot, etc.). This carries on for other ranged weapons too, and with the changed crafting system for outlaws I may just have to resort to my old tricks.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
I finally got around to playing this and my god it literally is Gothic 2 again, but with the worst combat they could think of. How was this not fixed by now?
No wonder nothing in Germany works if people like PB are considered movers and shakers.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom