Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Improving Skyrim / Recommended Mods thread (Mostly about Requiem)

Jarmaro

Liturgist
Speaking of Ultimate Skyrim, is there an actual pack out there (or any other good packs)? 1 click installer I mean without all of the hassle, got an itch for some hobo sim goodness, but I just can't go through the mod installation process again
You can't and never will be able to something like that, beceause modders are bitchy and complain. They don't allow their work to be in "packages", that's why guy behind Ultimate Skyrim went so far, that he partnered with people behind "Automaton", yet another application that would download mods for you, to make things easier for people.

Btw, the best thing about all that software and modding that was made for Skyrim, is the know-why and experience that will be there for TES: VI. It will be a wild ride straight from the start.

Last edited:

Yosharian

Arcane
Frankly i think Falskaar was a lot overrated i did try it and uninstalled after 20 minutes... It is just that bad.
I had pretty much the same experience, to be fair maybe the mod dramatically improves after more time, but I spent some hours in the mod and was not impressed at all. I also think it's very overrated.

Yosharian

Arcane
Speaking of Ultimate Skyrim, is there an actual pack out there (or any other good packs)? 1 click installer I mean without all of the hassle, got an itch for some hobo sim goodness, but I just can't go through the mod installation process again.
Automaton, a new addition to US, will allow you to install the modlist by doing the following:

1) Download all the mods yourself by following a set of instructions
2) Place them in the correct area on your Hard Drive
3) Install Automaton
4) Press a button

Not quite a 1-click install, but it's a quantum leap in mod development if you know anything about mods.

April 2019. It's going to be awesome.

Yosharian

Arcane
ooh boy, can't wait to see what compilations loverslab will prepare! :bounce:
Dude there's a guy who used US 3.4 and built over it with a shit ton of LL mods, with a detailed installation guide and everything. I've been in contact with him and he says he might do one for 4.0 if he likes it enough.

N-not that I would use such mods myself, of course!

Loostreaks

Learned
Another thing to mention is that THIS time, I'd like to bring around fully integrated companions like Vilja and Inigo, since I've played lonely Skyrim more than long enough.
Point is, the difficulty curve and overall balancing should work even with a "party".

Use Ashen's cursed rings( simply give them, they'll auto equip it) and NPC knockout overhaul.
Best combination is: Requiem+AZ tweaks+Burdens+EQ_Limited Items+PumpingIron/Sleep to gain XP+True Armor( more optional)+Vigor+Disparity ( body weight only)+KS Dragon Overhaul 2.
What I don't like about RQ is too high weapon/armor/spell damage values inflation, you can hit 2-3k with twohanders without any exploits, late game. Is there a mod that adjusts general weapon speed based on weight, as additional "overwrite" ( that applies on top of Requiem's values)?
Plus Enemy/AI overhaul is too simple/vanilla. Revenge of Enemies has the most "interesting" changes, but author went full retard route with it.

Turjan

Arcane
Speaking of Ultimate Skyrim, is there an actual pack out there (or any other good packs)? 1 click installer I mean without all of the hassle, got an itch for some hobo sim goodness, but I just can't go through the mod installation process again.
Automaton, a new addition to US, will allow you to install the modlist by doing the following:

3) Install Automaton
4) Press a button

Not quite a 1-click install, but it's a quantum leap in mod development if you know anything about mods.

And after that date, it will vanish behind a paywall. Sounds great...

Edit: From the video comments under the video that was linked by jarmaro further up:

XUXXpjI.jpg

Last edited:

Mebrilia the Viera Queen

i don't think bethesda will allow them to put mods under a paywall.

Yosharian

Arcane

3) Install Automaton
4) Press a button

And after that date, it will vanish behind a paywall. Sounds great...

Edit: From the video comments under the video that was linked by jarmaro further up:

XUXXpjI.jpg
No, the updates will, you'll always be able to use 4.0 with Automaton, so it won't 'vanish'

Turjan

Arcane
It's not mods that are behind a paywall, it's the tool that will be.

No, the updates will, you'll always be able to use 4.0 with Automaton, so it won't 'vanish'
Yup, the "teaser version" will be free.

Anyway, we will see how this will turn out and what effect it will have on usability.

Yosharian

Arcane
It's not mods that are behind a paywall, it's the tool that will be.

Yup, the "teaser version" will be free.

Anyway, we will see how this will turn out and what effect it will have on usability.
I don't think Automaton is behind a paywall at all for 4.0 but I could be wrong.

On what basis do you refer to 4.0 as a 'teaser version'?

Here is what BB says about Automaton:

Automaton is a free utility that allows modpack creators like myself to create configuration files for express modpack installation. These configuration files can be licensed however a creator likes, and I imagine that other pack authors may offer their configuration files for free. In my case, I have decided to make Ultimate Skyrim's configuration files a part of my Patreon program for versions following 4.0, in order to support my work monetarily. (The configuration files for 4.0 will be free to everybody.)

4.0 and subsequent versions will also feature an improved version of the installation guide for users who have no interest in the Patreon program.

Last edited:

Turjan

Arcane
I don't think Automaton is behind a paywall at all for 4.0 but I could be wrong.

On what basis do you refer to 4.0 as a 'teaser version'?
I guess my phrasing is unclear. My impression is that the initial release version will be free, any further development and improvements won't (there was some talk about tools to improve usability). Giving out the first version for free and having everything thereafter for pay looks a bit like the drug dealer business model. But hey, the video I took this from is half a year old, release is still some time out, so who knows how it will look when all is done and, of course, how good the release version is. I guess I will see soon enough whether I misunderstood anything fundamentally, and I'm perfectly happy in this case if I'm wrong and everything will be peachy.

My stakes in this aren't very high anyway. I had my first ever playthrough of this game during the last three months, and I guess I'm pretty much done with the game at the moment. I'm even happy enough with Vortex, even if it took a while to click. I once installed a (more or less) complete mod collection of some 150 mods with Vortex without any issues, and while dealing with dozens of conflicts at once takes a moment, it was bearable. That also means that it's probably a perfect time to try Automaton out and form a firsthand opinion the next time I may revisit Skyrim.

Funposter

Arcane
new creation club content released - more pointless bullshit made by interns that is of lower quality than stuff released on the nexus in 2012. best of all, it will break SKSE, pissing off thousands more people than will ever pay for this shitty $2 pseudo-DLC : )))))))

Mebrilia the Viera Queen

its ok i did a rollback of the client so i can play using the old skse.

Mebrilia the Viera Queen

He is basically asking if somebody would take you a challenge i assume by developing an his idea?

anvi

Prophet
Village Idiot
This mod is dogshit. Just did an entire dungeon as a mage which required getting an enemy, and shooting fire out my hand while running backwards through the entire length of the dungeon to slowly whittle it down. Or I can summon a skelly which uses half my mana and then dies 2 seconds later. Good job retard community. I am expect to grind 10000 wolves to make some progress and do some newbie dungeons in a month. Not only is this game shit, but the community is too clueless to even mod it well.

Last edited:

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
This mod is dogshit. Just did an entire dungeon as a mage which required getting an enemy, and shooting fire out my hand while running backwards through the entire length of the dungeon to slowly whittle it down. Or I can summon a skelly which uses half my mana and then dies 2 seconds later. Good job retard community. I am expect to grind 10000 wolves to make some progress and do some newbie dungeons in a month. Not only is this game shit, but the community is to clueless to even mod it well.
what mod?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom