Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

inXile General Discussion Thread

Mikeal

Arcane
Yep.
1920px-Fallout_20_year_reunion_dinner.jpg

That's a mighty beard.

agris

Arcane
Patron
LESS T_T I expect this is from Microsoft's internal legal counsel doing a standard sweep of the markets for infringing material, either as part of the due-dilligence prior to acquisition or as part of inXile's integration into MS.

The DE thing is for tax and reporting reasons. No state income tax, and very lax reporting requirements for companies. See: american banking system and all the "PO BOX.... Deleware"s present on consumer's credit card statements.

Yep. I contract with quite a few largish companies that only have offices here in Chicago, but are technically physically located in Delaware for tax purposes. It’s actually a bit of a red flag to me when I see a company that has its location lists as Illinois because it (generally) means that they don’t really know what they’re doing.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
LESS T_T I expect this is from Microsoft's internal legal counsel doing a standard sweep of the markets for infringing material, either as part of the due-dilligence prior to acquisition or as part of inXile's integration into MS.

The DE thing is for tax and reporting reasons. No state income tax, and very lax reporting requirements for companies. See: american banking system and all the "PO BOX.... Deleware"s present on consumer's credit card statements.

Well they did the same thing twice before Microsoft, no?

But it looks like new trademark applications are really Microsoft thing. They also filed trademarks inXile, The Bard's Tale, Wasteland in Canada and Obsidian was also filed marks for the existing things (Obsidian, PoE, TOW) last month.

Delaware address is actually the corporation service company, aptly named CSC.

Mustawd

Many private and public companies are incorporated in DE. Very true.

Mustawd

I’d say likely both. Due Diligence probably identified all trademarks and gave them a quick and dirty value. Legal is likely driving any actions as part of the integration like you mentioned.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Hunted was pretty good action game,it is one of the few that i actually finished. Also you could rotate the camera in a way that you could see the elf's ass,which is a big plus. :obviously: Also the setting and story was not bad.

1665977-991429_20110228_004.jpg

newtmonkey

Arcane
Desk size not adequate, clearly bad. Most damning: "its round shape made stacking hard." Brutal. How can people be forced to work in such conditions. "It was a very long table" YE GODS

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
free soda, cereal, potato chips and other snacks and weekend pizza

Bethesda wanting to plump up their employees. Is it secretly a coven of witches in a Hansel and Gretel scenario?

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Loving how they had such a problem with people backing into other cars in those compact parking spaces that they had to put a sign up telling people not to do that.

Deleted Member 16721

It's a new trend to come out and talk about how horrible the working conditions are for the video game company you worked for.

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron
It's a new trend to come out and talk about how horrible the working conditions are for the video game company you worked for.

Turns out "development magic" fades when you work 70+ hours each week. Who knew?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom