Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Completed Let's Take a trip to the Outer Worlds

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin

:lol:

RK47

Patron

Still not enough bits to buy that navchip. Gotta wageslave more.
'u got it keptin :D'
':mad: here's a lil trik i lernt in prison'

Last edited:

RK47

Patron

:lol: This is what triggered codexers most I guess - a lot of homosexuality in display. Very high. And Parvati suddenly acting like 15 and asking her dad, Kalin for advice on lesbian romance. :lol:
This is just bizarre... but I gotta say the actress gave it her all. And the EXP didn't hurt. Just talk to her and you earned more experience than killing 10 hostiles in a row.

AMAZING how much importance they placed in such social interactions, no?
This is new Obsidian and there's no hope of changing back.
Tim Cain okayed this.
And Boyarski's dream game.

Footage during TOW Development:

'Tim, we've finished doing the Companion active skill. Take a look. They teleport straight up to the target, slams it in slow-mo and deals massive damage + crowd controls.'
'Bold and Stunning.' pipes one of the young designer.

Tim wanted to say something but he could only eke out a polite smile before speaking:

:thisisfine:

Ninjerk

Arcane
"Scylla in the Charybdis cluster"
"aimless as an automech with a busted navchip"

:deathclaw:

baud

Arcane
Patron
RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth

It's nice that the main quest has multiple options to progress it - but it doesn't have that 'hook' about it.
What is the personal stake here? Who wronged you? The Halcyon corporation? Aside from being frozen for 70 years in Vault 111 they didn't do anything wrong to the player.
And the evil mega-corporations are not using booth babes to sell their products instead relying on clean, generic ad bots.
Why not? Because it's politically incorrect? C'mon, Obsidian. Don't be like that.
I'd love to talk more, but anudda settlement needs your help. So off we go to save the Groundsbreaker from global warming.

That's lame how the repair pieces are just in a dungeon in the spaceship. I mean it's perfectly plausible and it's not like they can kill of them by venting the atmosphere of the section/sending all the waste heat there/flushing the blackwater waste tanks there

At least having loading screen with your past accomplishment is a nice touch.

Am I the only one who's bothered by the lack of equipment comparison in the inventory? Seems pretty amateurish.

RK47

Patron
There reason why comparison isn't automated is due to the 4 slots of equipment.
So players have to press C to 'Add item to Compare' first to do so.

RK47

Patron

Alright, I'm getting used to the combat. Basically spam the companion attack to stagger whatever - use time dilation to score critical hit and then just let companions to finish them off for 50% EXP bonus on kill.
Problem is - I can't turn off the companion attack cutscenes which is goddamn stupid. Don't overthink on equipment. And just blaze through it.

And the best way to handle a new planet is to dump all consumable except for your healing inhalants to save carry space.

RK47

Patron

She thinks she's safe behind that locked door. :lol:

Last edited:

laclongquan

Arcane
I cant wait for the mods for some exposing flesh clothes to exchange for this space suit shiet~

which ladies...do u want to see... naked so far? :lol:

Not naked~ That would be too blatant, no class at all.

No, let's say if I HAVE TO take Parvati along, I'd like

A costume of french maid in suitable economical cloth~
OR
An indian-style saree with 50% opaque cloth~

Just so you know.

RK47

Patron
Got me thinking.
Where's the hook in here?
I'm just collecting 10k for a navkey - because an old man the game wants me to do it?

:timcain: Yes, go back to playing the game please.

RK47

Patron

Bahahah are they fucking kidding me?
That's the stealth mechanic? Holy shit.

The ride never ends. :lol:

Last edited:

Shadenuat

Arcane
If I knew you'd make a LP probably would have stopped playing eh

Don't buy navkey, just go to Monarch and fight level 20 deathclaws it's like in FNV where you can go north instead of south

Your mouse sen and noscope headshots do make me a bit dizzy, although I like your style of shooting first, and then shooting npcs even more

Last edited:

RK47

Patron
If I knew you'd make a LP probably would have stopped playing eh

Don't buy navkey, just go to Monarch and fight level 20 deathclaws it's like in FNV where you can go north instead of south

Your mouse sen and noscope headshots do make me a bit dizzy, although I like your style of shooting first, and then shooting npcs even more

But you'd be missing the best part of the game ... :lol: OK I'll do a short demo of early monarch. :lol:

baud

Arcane
Patron
RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth

Still not enough bits to buy that navchip. Gotta wageslave more.
'u got it keptin :D'
':mad: here's a lil trik i lernt in prison'

Weird how the companions look at you while talking to each other.

At least that one corporate story felt a little more interesting. Or perhaps more familiar, with a corporate day job and all that

Problem is - I can't turn off the companion attack cutscenes which is goddamn stupid.
And the taunts they use each time are repetitive and stupid

She thinks she's safe behind that locked door. :lol:

Good fucking choice and good fucking riddance.

Last edited:

RK47

Patron

Well, they've hit rock bottom. :lol:
$3000 for date dessert and Miss Danger Hair number 2384719
Also what puzzled me at this point is the writer making a big deal out of Parvati's pursuit of romance instead of her bond with her missing mother. Something about her parents was very heavily implied at the start. It must be hard for a daughter to grow up without a mother in this corp-centric world - but fuck it, let's GET HER A DATE INSTEAD!

Traveling to Monarch is actually possible without the $10,000 navkey - you skip a lot actually. I just tried it at lvl 7 with Max & Pavarti with shit weapons on Normal. I died once but once I figured out how to escape situations and regroup it wasn't difficult to power through. I was there at level 7 and reached Monarch at level 10.

Running away isn't hard in this game, especially with Companion cooldown strike dealing a good CC. Killing all the giant beasts is a serious problem though without Corrosive damage mods and basic low tier weapons.

Last edited:

RK47

Patron
ironyuri tries to explain TOW's brave and stunning haircuts.

wy6JkHt.png

[5:30 PM]
RK47:
shit TW3 is 2015 lol

RXiaaHC.png

Looks like Corporation is the bad guy :lol:

Last edited:

RK47

Patron

Terrible way to introduce companion - and it's all 'fetch' bullshit all over again followed with walk a few distance with mob packs littered along the way. I'm not asking for much. Just make me care about the people you write about instead of feeling like an errand boy in a world that doesn't seem to take itself seriously.

RK47

Patron

A rather boring introduction to one of the faction vying for control in Monarch. The Iconoclasts (why are they called this? I don't get it) wants freedom from corporate rule but can barely eke out a living. Graham seems like a well-meaning man but likes to put the cart before the horse. Sounds like a [Dumb] idea, therefore we should back him up on every decision and make sure Orma shuts up and not try to get too violent. :lol:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom