Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[LP CYOA] 傳

Absinthe

Arcane
BABA
  1. B - We need either Qilin or Cao'er to protect us against poisons at the conference, but...
  2. A - We definitely need Cao'er to make sure the Sword Saint is in proper health. For mundane injuries, Jing and Qilin's medical skills will have to suffice.
  3. B - Not sure she can persuade the nuns to interfere for the beggars too. Appointing Jing as their rep was already a huge deal. Plus in a sword fight her sword skills will be much more relevant.
  4. A - They will need the firepower, and bringing FIRE CULT to the conference might ruin our diplomacy.

Tigranes

Arcane
BBAB.

I'll elaborate later, but:
-Qilin is not happy about the marriage affair and she won't appreciate being left behind.
-Qilin and Cao'er are most likely to be needed in the conference..
-Yunzi/Armaiti will also be helpful, and it may be risky to let them do whatever with the beggars and be seen helping them. Of course, as Absinthe says, they're a risk to be seen at the Conference too..
-There is almost no reasonably foreseeable cost to letting Yifang go in terms of special skills, firepower, etc.

Absinthe

Arcane
Wait, treave, what does our perception tell us about Murong Yandi's nervousness? Is he speaking the truth? Is the sword saint in bad condition?

a cut of domestic sheep prime

BAAB - Esquilax's earlier argument is sound. We'll have Song and Gou Fu at the conference. Cao'er should be left to treat the Saint, as well as any injuries the party members we leave behind might suffer. We don't need to bring the fire cult along to ruin our diplomacy and the bro faction will need their support. Screw it. It's the end and we've left her behind one too many times.

Hmm...Then again maybe we should listen the old bugger when he said not to worry about it. Qi Liuwu knows what he is doing.
Just because he is a master doesn't mean he is infallible. Case and point: he has no arms and he didn't get that way by accident.

Last edited by a moderator:

Nevill

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Esquilax BBBA
Akkudakku BAAB
Kz3r0 BBBB
ChumBucket BAAB
Kashmir Slippers BAAA
Elfberserker BBAA
XenomorphII BAAB
Baltika9 BAAB
Tribute BAAB
TOME BAAA
Nevill BBAB
Grimgravy BBAA
Rex Feral BBAA
Absinthe BABA
Tigranes BBAB
Lambchop19 BAAB
Azira BBAB
Fangshi BAAB
Jester BAAA
asxetos BAAB
Kipeci BABA
Smashing Axe BAAA
Kayerts BAAB
Greyviper BAAB
The Brazilian Slaughter BAAB

1B - 25

2A - 17
2B - 8

3A - 21
3B - 4

4A - 10
4B - 15
So far the main points of contention seem to be whether or not to take Cao'er and Yunzi with us.

We don't need to bring the fire cult along to ruin our diplomacy and the bro faction will need their support.
Well, they are not going to get involved until the fighting breaks out, and at that point diplomacy would be already ruined without them.

Last edited:

We don't need to bring the fire cult along to ruin our diplomacy and the bro faction will need their support.
Well, they are not going to get involved until the fighting breaks out, and at that point diplomacy would be already ruined without them.
Their being seen there will be involvement enough. Nei may want her apprehended and he is still the leader of the sects. It could seriously screw things up and we don't need them. (Not that I don't want to bring them mind you. I really do, being the Yunzi shipper I am. If you have any arguments as to why they should come, I'm listening...)
Screw it. It's the end and we've left her behind one too many times.
BTW:
Xianglong Eighteen Palms. (降龍十八掌, Dragon Subduing Eighteen Palms).
Level 18:
The Arrogant Dragon Regrets - a weak palm strike that is humble and formless, allowing you to chain it smoothly into any form of movement for infinite variations.
The Soaring Dragon Descends - a leaping attack where you strike downwards with your palm from a high position.
The Hidden Dragon in the Fields - A tight, controlled attack with the flat of the palm that can be used in narrow quarters. Suitable for defensive postures.
The Graceful Dragon Uncoils - A deceptive, quiet attack that is launched to take the enemy by surprise.
The Submerged Dragon Left Behind - An attack where the enemy is grabbed and pulled in with one hand, while the other hand executes a strike with the side of the palm.
The Fierce Dragon Crosses the Great Rivers - A defensive palm strike that exerts strong qi pressure to push the enemy away, preventing them from closing in.
The Fledgling Dragon’s Sudden Advent - The fastest palm attack in the technique; the speed of the strike is almost uncatchable.
The Abyssal Dragon Plummets - A tricky two-part move where a wrist strike is executed downwards as the practitioner drops to one knee, before slamming the palm upwards into the opponent’s abdomen from below.
The Twin Dragons Drawing Water - The middle point of the Eighteen Palms: this move allows the practitioner to execute a different Xianglong Palm move with each hand simultaneously.
The Defeated Dragon Regains Confidence – A jumping uppercut performed with the heel of the palm from a position lower than that of the opponent.
The Cloud Dragon Sees No Rain – A feinting move that does not land, but draws the opponent in for a follow-up attack.
The Lone Dragon Battles in the Wilderness – A powerful single palm strike executed from a stable, standing stance, relying on qi projection to batter the opponent.
The Six Dragons’ Heavenly Dance – A quick combination of six consecutive palm strikes aimed to confuse the enemy.
The Dragon Frolics In The Sea – A playful, defensive palm movement that can deflect and redirect attacks.
The Divine Dragon Swings Its Tail – An extremely powerful sweeping attack that is aimed at catching enemies behind the practitioner.
The Frost Dragon Pierces The Ice – A palm strike consecutively executed twice on the same spot, the first a yin-dominant soft attack, the second a yang-dominant hard attack. Useful in breaking past qi defenses.
The Charging Dragon Shatters The Wall – A flying palm strike where the practitioner launches himself at the enemy in an explosive lunge.
The Dragon’s Flight Shakes The Earth – Summoning every ounce of qi in the practitioner’s body for a desperation attack, a double palm strike that exudes the most power in the technique.

Did this happen just now?

(and why is my quote button not appearing?)

Last edited by a moderator:

Nevill

Arcane
Their being seen there will be involvement enough.
Maybe... though Yunzi have avoided recognition in Qingcheng with a fake beard and a turban.

No arguments, though, except that she wants to come. It is hardly a matter of principle for me, and it is true that Liuwu might need help, despite his bravado.

Did this happen just now?
It did:
“Don’t worry about me, kid. With those kicks you taught me, I can handle myself in a fight. Besides, Mou here is pretty good too,” chuckles Qi Liuwu as he deftly brings a gourd of wine to his mouth using his feet. He has passed on to you the Xianglong Eighteen Palms' full set of moves; you were still unfamiliar with the latter half, but for now, you have memorized every stance the technique has to offer.

(and why is my quote button not appearing?)
The forums got 'redesigned'. This is one of the most annoying changes.

Their being seen there will be involvement enough.
Maybe... though Yunzi have avoided recognition in Qingcheng with a fake beard and a turban.

No arguments, though, except that she wants to come. It is hardly a matter of principle for me.
Forgot about the beard... Sigh. Well, we've left her behind enough I suppose. Flopping to BAAB.
He has passed on to you the Xianglong Eighteen Palms' full set of moves; you were still unfamiliar with the latter half, but for now, you have memorized every stance the technique has to offer.
Ah. Missed this sentence...

Glad to know I'm not the only one with the quote problem.

Tribute

Arbiter
“You misunderstand my intentions, Father. I do want to marry Qilin. But things are… complicated at the moment. I believe my proposal is the best way to make everyone happy.”

“I think so too,” adds Qilin, a smile fixed on her face. “Father, there is still no hurry. I have established good relations with the other girls, and as I told you before this, they will be powerful, talented allies in the future. Making everyone happy is the most effective plan.”
I get the feeling Qilin is unhappy with our solution.

As far as wife rankings go, they kind of have a point. Having a sect head as anything but the primary wife would be really insulting.

Nevill

Arcane
You don't say? :lol:

It's not like she had first dibs on us when we were free for grabs and we said to her that she claimed the spot of the first wife in our heart only two months ago, and now she is secondary to considerations about our reputation with some third-rate organization.

I'll highlight another one:
Qilin said:
Making everyone happy is the most effective plan.
Everyone else's happiness is important. What about her own?

Jing has to be really dense not to pick up on that. Honestly, I was startled when she started talking about her mother. Initially, she said she wasn't like her, but she might have realized by now the matters may not be as simple as she thought two years ago.

At least she still calls us family.

Last edited:

Jester

Arbiter
“What about your master?” you ask. There was no sign of the Sword Saint at all. “Is he not coming?”

“Ah, my master is feeling… a little under the weather,” says Murong nervously. “He is currently resting in a small hut outside the city… he says the city air disagrees with him.”
Why is Yandi nervous? Is he afraid for his master's health (if so, why isn't he asking for help?), or is he flat out lying, but not very good at it? :)
He spending time with some woman making love in my opinion. Stil something gonna happen with will prevent Saint from arriving at conference. Question is wut?

Nevill

Arcane
Stil something gonna happen with will prevent Saint from arriving at conference. Question is wut?
Uh... maybe the fact that he does not want to go there? How is that for a reason? :lol:

Murong Yandi will be going to the conference. Shangguan won't either way.
I still think we are leaving Cao'er for nothing when she can be useful to us. Not to mention those abandonment points.

Last edited:

Baltika9

Arcane
I don't want to take any chances on Shangguan. Injured or not, she will get him back to the Conference.

We may need her for the inevitable betrayal from Qilin during the Conference for'playing with her feelings and taking her for granted.' Which is actually kinda true.
Please don't leave us, Qiqi. :(

Nevill

Arcane
I don't want to take any chances on Shangguan. Injured or not, she will get him back to the Conference.
Dafuq? Did you miss the quote where it was said the Saint will not be going regardless of what we choose here?

Baltika9

Arcane
Yeah, I missed it.
Still not taking chances on him, at all. Sensing bet to him and keeping Qilin with us ate the only two musts for me here, really.

“You misunderstand my intentions, Father. I do want to marry Qilin. But things are… complicated at the moment. I believe my proposal is the best way to make everyone happy.”

“I think so too,” adds Qilin, a smile fixed on her face. “Father, there is still no hurry. I have established good relations with the other girls, and as I told you before this, they will be powerful, talented allies in the future. Making everyone happy is the most effective plan.”

As far as wife rankings go, they kind of have a point. Having a sect head as anything but the primary wife would be really insulting.
Yeah, treave said she may not like it even if she says she's "fine". Actually, that goes for pretty much any woman any time...

Tribute

Arbiter
We may need her for the inevitable betrayal from Qilin during the Conference for'playing with her feelings and taking her for granted.' Which is actually kinda true.
Please don't leave us, Qiqi. :(
If Qilin betrays us I will ragequit this LP.

Not really, but I will be severely displeased.

We should make sure to throw her the best Wudu Cult wedding ever once that happens. At the precise moment the bride and groom kiss, the laxatives will kick in.

And then everyone will finally know why we invited Nie Wuxing.

And then everyone will finally know why we invited Nie Wuxing.
Masters can detect poison, so he'd be fine and leave before shit literally hit the fan. Poop would be everywhere. Qilin (and Yunzi) would be furious we ruined their wedding. We'd be the laughing stock we tried to make Song's former husband to be into... Zhang would kill us out of pity/boredom.

I'd still vote for it. :M

Nevill

Arcane
Still not taking chances on him, at all. Sensing bet to him and keeping Qilin with us ate the only two musts for me here, really.
If you are not afraid that Qilin will try to prove herself to you and her clan - now that she is not good enough to be married and the pressure from her peers keeps building - by doing something needlessly stupid and risky, that is. And gets injured and bleeds out in the process.

But I guess these chances you can take? :troll:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom