Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Monster Hunter World - G-rank edition. Now on PC.

Angthoron

Arcane
So is this playable with KB+ M, or is like DS1 (or 2) in this respect?

Jinn

Arcane
So is this playable with KB+ M, or is like DS1 (or 2) in this respect?

The KB + M controls are actually extremely good. If I wasn't so used to playing MH with a controller, I'd probably use it myself.

Efe

Erudite
you cant use half of the item/shortcut wheel with kb&m. its fine other than that

darthaegis

Cipher
Or you can change the wheel to the keyboard version in "Radial Menu Type" (beats me why I doesn't just automatically change if you don't have a controller plugged in).

Hobo Elf

Arcane
True but some of the arts were quite fun to use and gave some weapons ability to quickly close up to monster like GS.
Aerial while a bit weird imho made Dual Blades finally playable for me and made a lot of sense for that weapon.
Imho it is fun spin off but anyone looking to do most of the stuff will barf from amount of shitty annoying gathering quests.
It's not all bad, and I was very happy that some MH Gen introductions were rolled into the baseline in World, for example the Super Charged Hammer moves (carry overs from Adept Hammer and the Spinning Meteor Hunter Art). They really, really enhanced the Hammer gameplay.
But the amount of trash quests you need to do to unlock shit is really annoying, yeah. Makes the game very unfriendly for fresh start replays.
Also Provoke was a god send for Hammering in MHGen.

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
It just occurred to me one thing they could do to raise the ceiling even higher on damage output is make affinity do stuff over 100%- allow for double crits or something to that effect the way Warframe does. I kind of hope they don't go that route though, all these 100% affinity builds already feel really silly, I wish they had made a much bigger gap between theoretical max damage and what you can actually get with gear. Maybe they'll do a total mechanics overhaul when Iceborne comes out but it seems unlikely since it'd make a lot of people butthurt over the gear they collected.

Vorark

Erudite
They need to bring back Sword Oils for SnS in Iceborne. Forgot just how much more fun the SnS was in MHG/U with them.

Does SnS in Generations have the jump attack? It's the one in which you slide back, charge and if the attack connects you jump. It's way too fun to smash heads with the shield.

Hobo Elf

Arcane
They need to bring back Sword Oils for SnS in Iceborne. Forgot just how much more fun the SnS was in MHG/U with them.

Does SnS in Generations have the jump attack? It's the one in which you slide back, charge and if the attack connects you jump. It's way too fun to smash heads with the shield.
It has the back hop but the jump was an addition to it in World. There are other ways to smash heads in Gen with SnS, including a Shoryuken shield slam.

sullynathan

Arcane
The game has now crossed 11 million copies sold.

pdf_9.png

Last edited:
The 5th title update (Witcher 3 collaboration) has been released for consoles:

http://monsterhunterworld.com/us/topics/update/

Special Assignment — Contract: Trouble in the Ancient Forest
  • img03.jpg

• You'll need the help of the researchers and Geralt's witcher skills to solve this mystery. Venture into the Ancient Forest, and make use of the weapons and items the researchers have prepared for Geralt!

The ending of the quest will depend on your progression through the side objectives! You can take on this quest as many times as you like, but try to solve all of the mysteries in one go!
- By talking to the Smithy Apprentice, you'll be able to change the Witcher's Silver Sword (sword & shield) to any other weapon type.

- Special assignment "Contract: Trouble in the Ancient Forest" is a single player only quest where you get to play as Geralt of Rivia.

Leshen, a monster from another world, arrives in the New World!
img04.jpg

Dwelling deep inside the forest, these creatures use their innate magic to control all flora and fauna within their territory.

Complete the special assignment "Contract: Trouble in the Ancient Forest" to earn special rewards and equipment!
img05.png

Complete the special assignment to earn a special item and gesture, a new guild card background, as well as poses and titles. You can also earn materials to craft the "Geralt α" full armor set, the "Witcher's Silver Sword" sword & shield, the "Cursed Staff α" Palico weapon, and the "Nekker α" full armor set for your Palico.
If you manage to solve all of the mysteries in one go, you'll receive the "Wild Hunt" title!

The Witcher® is a trademark of CD PROJEKT S.A. The Witcher game © CD PROJEKT S.A. All rights reserved.
The Witcher game is based on the prose of Andrzej Sapkowski. All other copyrights and trademarks are the property of their respective owners.

Major Additions and Changes
  • Regarding Guild Cards
    Certain poses and expressions cannot be selected when using a full armor set or layered armor related to the Horizon Zero Dawn* or The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt collaborations.
    If you have these poses or expressions already selected, please note that they will revert back to the default "Crossed Arms" pose and "Expression 1" expression.
    Note: Expressions 6, 7, and 20 cannot be used in combination with the Aloy alpha full armor set, Aloy gamma full armor set, or the Aloy layered armor. There are currently no poses that cannot be used related to the Horizon Zero Dawn collaboration. If you have the Aloy alpha full armor set, etc., equipped, please check to see if your guild card settings have been affected.*
    *PS4 only

• New words have been added to the banned word list for Simplified Chinese. A feature has been added to allow a player or Palico's name to be edited if it contains any word from the banned word list prior to update Ver. 6.00 (PS4) / Ver. 6.0.0.0 (Xbox One).
    If a squad name contains a newly added banned word, the name will be replaced by asterisks, as squad names cannot be changed.

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
no PC yet :argh:

altho i am surprised the monster is leshen, not griffins or manticores which fit alot in monster-huntery and probably just need to re-use kirin's skeleton with added wings

Perkel

Arcane
yeah suprising choice, i would think griffin, maticore etc would fit much better mh games.
But hey monstert hunter xx had monster with jets on his wings soo...

when iceborne hits i will replay all of those ministuff.

3hgyu42yf9f21.jpg

Perkel

Arcane
BTW did some counting to show people exactly how small mhw is compared to previous entries and why veterans talk about it being "short" in therms of gear and stuff.

Great Sword final forms of weapons (so weapon upgraded to max):

MHGU - 135 and more or less each is unique and some of them are upgraded like 10 times most 5-8 times.
MH W - 23 and half of them use more or less similar model with just details changed. If you would go for totally unique model it would be like 10

Perkel

Arcane
Too bad MHGU online is pretty inactive. There were only ~15 players online each time I checked.

playing online via discord in citra is much better imho. You can easily team up with people.
Also there is patch for MHXX which translates games using MHGU translation.

Perkel

Arcane
different colored greatswords don't really matter when they all function the same

They are not just different colored weapons. They are effectively trophies.
And you can see that by criticism of MHW in weapon departament.

Vorark

Erudite
Xeno'Jiiva is so fucking cool.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom