Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Decline Most defiled and violated RPG series

Fishy

Savant
Yeah Ultima just fell so hard, it bloody hurt seeing what Pagan was when compared to what Serpent Isle and Labyrinth of World's had conjured in me minds eye.

And if Pagan wasn't enough, then we got A... A... Asc... No, sorry, I can't even type it in the same post as the word Ultima... But this one was insidious. It looked awesome at the start, a nice proper 3d environment, and then, it becomes a bad Zelda game on pocket-sized maps... I could deal with Pagan as a side excursion, but this? Ugh.

Might and Magic got hit pretty bad with the curse of episode IX too although X seems to have managed to go back to some of the roots. Haven't played X yet, but the wife enjoyed it. Wasn't enough to fix the damage IX did though, so the series is pretty much dead now apart from being a vague franchise name.

Devoidless

Novice
Dragon Age. The first game wasn't top tier RPG in the first place but the fall from grace within one year is staggering, fastest I've seen in the industry. And then Bioware fucked up with the 3rd game regardless of given development time.

I can't understand how anyone can like Derp Age Origins, it's so fucking boring, the combat is full of fucking boring trashmobs, the story and writing are fucking boring, the characters are fucking boring, how the fuck that game got into our top 50 list beyond my comprehension, even first Mass Effect is better game than DAO.
Like having Dark Souls at #14 is any better? It wasn't even on the PC until years later when enough people bitched, and the version we got was a pile of shit port that a guy fixed for free within a week.

But yeah, shit on a RPG that actually has RPG game play and such. Sounds legit.

Zer0wing

Cipher
I've never shitposted.
Hey, you've just said it yourself, I didn't imply any certain person but talked in general sense, as in not every user is interested in general gaming. On RPG Codex or ever.

Chippy

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I know that Sykar mentioned "Beamturd", but I'm gonna specifically say that SOD stands on its own as an example of a developer that had no fucking idea what the original Baldur's Gate was about to such an extent that it even stands above what happened to Fallout. It was like that band in the 70s or 80s that burned a million in cash on tv, or a beautiful hollywood actress who brutalises her face with surgery, or something right up there with the latest Star Wars films - someone so out of touch, so inept, and so isolated in their own bubble, that it's something beyond incompetence and spitefulness.

It should be held up and identified as an industry example. An example of what happens when a bunch of cunts get their hands on an IP. And then any further evaluation would be a total waste of time.

Jarpie

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA
Dragon Age. The first game wasn't top tier RPG in the first place but the fall from grace within one year is staggering, fastest I've seen in the industry. And then Bioware fucked up with the 3rd game regardless of given development time.

I can't understand how anyone can like Derp Age Origins, it's so fucking boring, the combat is full of fucking boring trashmobs, the story and writing are fucking boring, the characters are fucking boring, how the fuck that game got into our top 50 list beyond my comprehension, even first Mass Effect is better game than DAO.
Like having Dark Souls at #14 is any better? It wasn't even on the PC until years later when enough people bitched, and the version we got was a pile of shit port that a guy fixed for free within a week.

Well, at least Dark Souls doesn't bore me to tears, but it's way too high on the list, but at least IMO Dark Souls belongs to that list more than Derp Age Origins.

Devoidless

Novice

Well, at least Dark Souls doesn't bore me to tears, but it's way too high on the list, but at least IMO Dark Souls belongs to that list more than Derp Age Origins.
Well, at least you backed up your shitty opinions with a solid supporting argument.

Unwanted

Micormic

Unwanted
added OP to my ignore list when I read f3 was an amazing RPG

Adios

Unwanted

Micormic

Unwanted

Well, at least you backed up your shitty opinions with a solid supporting argument.

No offense pal, I've never even played dark souls because I don't play chink games. That being said if you're seriously trying to defend fuckin Dragon 'kill this identical mob of 5 enemies over and over and listen to our shitty storyline' Age origins, you're probably a moron.

I havent read your previous posts on this thread so If I'm wrong then ignore me, but if you like Da:o go play in traffic.

user

Savant

Cael

Arcane
There can only ever be one answer to the thread topic: Ultima.

Obligatory "Fuck you, EA!"

Devoidless

Novice
No offense pal, I've never even played dark souls because I don't play chink games. That being said if you're seriously trying to defend fuckin Dragon 'kill this identical mob of 5 enemies over and over and listen to our shitty storyline' Age origins, you're probably a moron.

I havent read your previous posts on this thread so If I'm wrong then ignore me, but if you like Da:o go play in traffic.

It's more of a cRPG than Dark Souls--which got 104 points from you retards.
"Hurrdurr, it let's you put points into stuff and you get weapons and armor and it looks cool."
It's a fine fuckin' game but I would never consider it a cRPG. If we're using such loose standards then Sleeping Dogs is also a cRPG.

Let's put it this way:
Zer0wing is trying to argue that the synthetic dick he prefers to choke on is better than more authentic dick, you're say that the more authentic dick is bullshit compared to a dick you've never sucked, and I'm just trying to argue what qualifies as a dick for you both to choke on at your own leisure.

Unwanted

Micormic

Unwanted

It's more of a cRPG than Dark Souls--which got 104 points from you retards.
"Hurrdurr, it let's you put points into stuff and you get weapons and armor and it looks cool."
It's a fine fuckin' game but I would never consider it a cRPG. If we're using such loose standards then Sleeping Dogs is also a cRPG.

Let's put it this way:
Zer0wing is trying to argue that the synthetic dick he prefers to choke on is better than more authentic dick, you're say that the more authentic dick is bullshit compared to a dick you've never sucked, and I'm just trying to argue what qualifies as a dick for you both to choke on at your own leisure.

Who's edgy alt are you?

Never played Dark souls btw, don't play games made by zipper heads.

mondblut

Arcane
Which series were so brutally mutilated by a sequel, that the sequel almost deserves an award for it?

JA2 many times over. If Dickens were to write a tragic novel about a fate of a miserable game franchise, that would be JA.

Really? Why?
Jagged Alliance: Back in Action.
Jagged Alliance : Flashback
Jagged Alliance: Rage.

Also all those failed JA2 sequels from Strategy First & Mistland (there was a total of 3, I think?) which ended up stripped of JA references and released as Hired Guns. And "JA online".

"He was borne in a gutter by a sickly prostitute in the year of a great famine and plague... and it was downhill from there" summarizes the history of Jagged Alliance in the third millenium perfectly. I can only assume it's karmic punishment for 1.13.

Jack Of Owls

Arcane
Hey, I enjoyed the Fallout 3 games. Lots of free roaming fun in FO3 but much more of an adventure game it seemed than an RPG with real skill checks and C&C. If you approach it that way it was a worthy entry in the series, imo. Regarding that clip from Gothic 4 posted above, yeah, looks terrible but at least you COULD fall to your death in the game when virtually all so many other games at the time placed those invisible force fields all around the edges of cliffs and high places so your poor retarded character couldn't fall to his death. Fuck that shit. Takes me right out of the world. There should be danger or tension EVERYWHERE in an RPG unless you're one of those Stardew Valley/Harvest Moon homos who just wants to farm, date virtual young people, and live placidly. On the other hand, I don't want to play an RPG where the danger is TOO hyperbolic and you end up getting your 1st lvl character killed by a barnyard chicken. Fuck that shit.

Devoidless

Novice
Who's edgy alt are you?

I'm nobody's alt. I'm just not going to let unabashed bullshit and ignorance go by unimpeded. I came to this forum to talk about cRPGs. I didn't expect a bunch of old cucks to be indulging in masturbatory opinions.

Unwanted

Micormic

Unwanted
Who's edgy alt are you?

I'm nobody's alt. I'm just not going to let unabashed bullshit and ignorance go by unimpeded. I came to this forum to talk about cRPGs. I didn't expect a bunch of old cucks to be indulging in masturbatory opinions.

Dragon age origins sucked

Never played Dark Souls, don't play games made by gooks.

Unwanted

Micormic

Unwanted
I had to double check that I did't forget to post a reply here. You posted essentially exactly the same thing twice in a row which literally changed nothing.

Congrats.

I just think it's weird people like you post here defending terrible games like dragon age.

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
Daily reminder to all obshitian soy-fanbois: FO3, FNV and FO4 are the same sort of utter shit. Gameplay-wise and writing-wise.

laclongquan

Arcane
Fallout series take the cake, but not in the way you think.

People keep pointing out Fallout3, Fallout4, and Fallout76 as the desecration.

They tried so hard to forget the terrible turd that is Fallout Brotherhood of Steel.

THAT clinchs the deal~

Fallout is like that girlfriend you had at HS (1). The relation went well until college (2). Then she testing the water outside with a local, nice cowboy, though she dropped him quick (FTBOS). Another such testing is the town drunk (FBOS) which she tried hard to pretend he doesnt exist. Then she met a playboy (3). That playboy had a nice cousin but that one went away quick (FNV). Two more rich husbands from THAT famous eastern family, one after one another, are such specimens of wife beaters.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom