Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Obsidian's Pillars of Eternity [BETA RELEASED, GO TO THE NEW THREAD]

Somberlain

Arcane
Zionist Agent
Looks awesome, I will probably take a week of sick leave when the game comes out :smug:

I fucking hate the RTwP... I'm just looking at that wishing it was TB.

Turn based sucks, it totally ruins the Metaphysics of the game world.

mindx2

Codex Roaming East Coast Reporter
Patron
Codex 2012 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire RPG Wokedex Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
UHG! The IGN comments, why do I even look at those... :dead:

The game is 2D. You cannot rotate like you did in Divinity Original Sins. They boast top notched graphics with 4M crowd-funded funds but it seems the graphics is no where near breath-taking. The only big gripe for me is the game is un-rotatable as it's 2D not 3D. Anyhow i'll give it a try and hope they delivered as then get 4 times amount the money compared to Divinity.

Whether what console fanboys said it doesnt matter. The point is Obsidian was boasting top notched graphics because it's 2D. It look worst than any latest games in 2014. Of course my opinion and i'm entitled to it.

I totally agree with you. IT looks dreadful; with outdated graphics and cheap art direction .Divinity Original Sin shows that you can make amazing looking rpg in the "old style " interface abnd you can make the game feel fresh. This aint fresh .This looks tired and poor. Basically Baldurs Gate rehash. Dreadful looking game in all fronts.

I used to love theese kind of games, but unfortunatly, i don't have the patiance to play them anymore. Tried Divinity, earlier this week, and i really couldn't get into it...

nihil

Augur
Project: Eternity
Very intriguing! So similar to BG.

The battles are really uninteresting, though, but that can hopefully be attributed to them being so early in the game. I'd like to see some more complex combat from later in the game.

polo

Magister
I learned to love TB combat, but i really like RTwP if its well executed. So i don't really care, im confident it IS very well executed in PoE.

polo

Magister
UHG! The IGN comments, why do I even look at those... :dead:

The game is 2D. You cannot rotate like you did in Divinity Original Sins. They boast top notched graphics with 4M crowd-funded funds but it seems the graphics is no where near breath-taking. The only big gripe for me is the game is un-rotatable as it's 2D not 3D. Anyhow i'll give it a try and hope they delivered as then get 4 times amount the money compared to Divinity.

Whether what console fanboys said it doesnt matter. The point is Obsidian was boasting top notched graphics because it's 2D. It look worst than any latest games in 2014. Of course my opinion and i'm entitled to it.

I totally agree with you. IT looks dreadful; with outdated graphics and cheap art direction .Divinity Original Sin shows that you can make amazing looking rpg in the "old style " interface abnd you can make the game feel fresh. This aint fresh .This looks tired and poor. Basically Baldurs Gate rehash. Dreadful looking game in all fronts.

I used to love theese kind of games, but unfortunatly, i don't have the patiance to play them anymore. Tried Divinity, earlier this week, and i really couldn't get into it...

I started reading that comment and was like, oh right, im on IGN, *CTRL+F4*.

buzz

Arcane
It boggles my mind. Do people genuinely like the looks of 3D over 2D that looks like high quality paintings? Is this the reason why CGI is so fucking popular nowadays?

Divinity's art design is shit, as evident by IGN commenters praising it.
PoE doesn't need a goofy WoW aesthetic.

On the art I'm glad that the characters look like normal humans in this game and not steroid abominations or anorexic hobos.

Somberlain

Arcane
Zionist Agent
It boggles my mind. Do people genuinely like the looks of 3D over 2D that looks like high quality paintings? Is this the reason why CGI is so fucking popular nowadays?

Yes, there are lot's of people who think this looks better than original.

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Video impressions: crap combat, utterly uninspired character creation, vendor and inventory UI is horrible and Sawyer is a gigantic faggot.

Oh yeah, and you fight wolves and spiders.

Disagree on character creation, I think it looks good, I'm just sad that it's RTwP. All those race and class options with the balanced attribute system would be pretty cool in a game with TB combat.

evdk

comrade troglodyte :M
Patron
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Is there some stream that would should some spellcasting character creation? Because GB went full retard and did barb and fighter.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Video impressions: crap combat, utterly uninspired character creation, vendor and inventory UI is horrible and Sawyer is a gigantic faggot.

Oh yeah, and you fight wolves and spiders.
I'll take two.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Is there some stream that would should some spellcasting character creation? Because GB went full retard and did barb and fighter.
Brian Adler of Obsidian played the game, not one of the GB guys.

buzz

Arcane
IGN also did barbarian, I think that's probably the most good looking/balanced class so they only went with that.

The Fish

Arcane

On the art I'm glad that the characters look like normal humans in this game and not steroid abominations or anorexic hobos.

Oh my fucking god yes.

Perkel

Arcane
Oh i totaly forgot.

Tons of dialogs, banters. And more important ton of dialog options to choose.

"Filthy Rich"

Perkel

Arcane

But IGN comments says Divinity Art is also shit...

I think they should go for paperdolls in character menu instead of NWN2 like bad 3 character art which was created for isometric view not for upclose view.

Vendor and Inventory UI is exactly how it should be :smug:
Also character creation menu had good UI.

I have high hopes from this project for UI design.

DEATH to editable UI!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom