Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Anime Overwatch

Discussion in 'General Gaming' started by Hoaxmetal, Nov 7, 2014.

1. Metro Arcane Beg Auditor

Metro
    All the heroes in TF2 are male. Valve is misogynist.

^ Top  
  2. Great Deceiver Arcane

Great Deceiver
    I can't tell whether this post is serious or not, but I'll bite - what exactly is diverse or "fun and new" about a carbon copy of Team Fortress 2?

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  3. sser Arcane Cuck Developer

sser
    TF2 is a 6v6 where only 1-player type can be on each team? I had no idea. TF2 is a simplistic game at heart. This game looks like a MOBA-archetype blended into a competitive FPS shooter.

^ Top  
  4. felipepepe Prestigious Gentleman Codex's Heretic Patron

felipepepe
    Yup, it clearly has powerful skills that you can't use at will, like the Gorilla getting enraged or the phantom guy shooting like a blindman with unlimited ammo.

I wonder how they'll avoid being a game about waiting & syncing cooldowns...

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  5. Lyric Suite Converting to Islam

Lyric Suite
    Because of the context you used, I.E., Blizzard relying on established formulas. This is something they have always done, but lack quality wasn't an issue with them back in the days.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  6. fizzelopeguss Arcane

fizzelopeguss
    http://kotaku.com/heres-what-blizzards-titan-actually-was-1638632121

Plenty of ambition, shame pardo and Kaplan spent all those years curling out a turd. Bad enough on its own, but they had to drag the rest of the company in with them by sucking up vast resources and talent like some nerd equivalent of Stalingrad. All whilst leaving two wow expansions content starved and bleeding subs.
    Good job jay wilson was there to make a twenty million selling title in Diablo 3. :smug:

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  7. Wilian Arcane Patron

Wilian
    Divinity: Original Sin
    Seems like amped up and polished version of TF2.

Not necessarily bad, if anything, Blizzard do have the code monkeys to make shit enjoyable.

^ Top  
  8. Great Deceiver Arcane

Great Deceiver
    No, I specifically differentiated between the lack of ambition and the lack of originality. One does not equal the other, and it's not the other's corollary.

I agree with you that they've always rehashed old ideas (specifically Games Workshop ideas retrofitted into their own copycat worlds), but that's neither here nor there - again, I'm not discussing originality, I'm merely pointing out that they actually made an effort (i.e. aspired) towards quality when producing games. My position is that lack of quality wasn't an issue with them back in the day because of that fact. Now they're a huge company that plays it safe and has a committee board deciding what the next game should or should not be. I don't see any ambition there, other than perhaps towards a more aggressive market share.

^ Top  
  9. Talby Arcane Patron

Talby
    Codex USB, 2014
    Looks awful, like an off-brand Team Fortress 2 with some Destiny mixed in. The characters all look like generic MMO classes with tier armour, (from Titan, obviously) but retooled into specific characters.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    • retadred retadred x 1
    ^ Top  
  10. Alienman Arcane Patron

Alienman
    Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
    I'm guessing the third expansion for StarCraft 2 will be the last non-f2p game from blizzard. Oh well... I used to long for blizzard games/releases, but since the casualisation of WoW, the lore-raping in heart of the swarm, and well... the Diablo 3 game. R.I.P Blizzard, I will remember the good times we had together in the Warcraft 2 demo :salute: Oh and yeah, the game looks terrible.

^ Top  
  11. Night Goat The Immovable Autism Patron No Fun Allowed

Night Goat
    Codex 2013 Codex 2014
    Finally someone's making an FPS that isn't a CoD clone, and we've got people crying that it's a TF2 clone.

^ Top  
  12. Metro Arcane Beg Auditor

Metro
    Pretty sure people were wanting a true FPS and not a copy of TF2. Those aren't the only two options.

^ Top  
  13. retardation Learned

retardation
    Haha, gorilla with a cyber suit, how cool!

:lol:

^ Top  
  14. Night Goat The Immovable Autism Patron No Fun Allowed

Night Goat
    Codex 2013 Codex 2014
    Okay, which one of you did this?
    NSFW (open)

[​IMG]

^ Top  
  15. Neckbeard Shitlord Unwanted Shitposter

Unwanted
    Nazi death cult center of jew medicine avoidance
    The understated tastefulness of the WH 40k universe meets the careful lack of detailing and plastic blandness of the KOTOR series :lol:

^ Top  
  16. Talby Arcane Patron

Talby
    Codex USB, 2014
    I've never cared for multiplayer focused shooters and I'm not a fan of the Pixar-inspired cartoon graphics. Overwatch will probably be laden with piecemeal DLC and pay to win crap as well.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    • retadred retadred x 1
    ^ Top  
  17. Night Goat The Immovable Autism Patron No Fun Allowed

Night Goat
    Codex 2013 Codex 2014
    Has there ever been a pay-to-win game that succeeded on a large scale? Blizzard can't be that dumb...can they?

^ Top  
  18. Frusciante Arbiter

Frusciante
    Project: Eternity
    Looks like a lot of fun. Like people said this looks like TF3. Which is a good thing ofcourse.

You can say that hearthstone and this are just copying populkar formulas, but atleast blizzard tends to get it right. Hearthstone is a great game. So if they succeed with this game too I think it will be very enjoyable.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  19. Metro Arcane Beg Auditor

Metro
    Hearthstone made them around $200 million last year.

^ Top  
  20. Infinitron I post news Patron

Infinitron
    Grab the Codex by the pussy Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    Lots of trying too hard ITT.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-11-08-is-overwatch-related-to-blizzards-failed-mmo-titan

Last edited: Nov 8, 2014
    ^ Top  
  21. Metro Arcane Beg Auditor

Metro
    And you believe that? A game they've been working on for years gets cancelled and all of a sudden a new one pops up and is magically ready for beta in a few months? Yeah... I'm sure they took very little from Titan. Other than the FPS parts, the characters, the art assets, the engine, the maps, the skills...

Keep in mind it took them, what, three or more years just to push out technical alpha for Heroes of the Storm? And that alpha will have lasted about a year when closed beta rolls around in January. But all of a sudden Overwatch is ready for beta shortly after it's announcement when absolutely no one outside of Blizzard had ever even heard of it.

The paymasters saw how much money they're making with Hearthstone, projected how much money they'll make with Heroes of the Storm, and then wondered why they're throwing millions into a bottom less six-year pit of developing an MMO when they already have the industry's largest. And, bang, that's how Overwatch is born. Take a part of it, cram it into a online shooter, put in your microtransactions, and watch the cash roll in.

What kills me is people are still wondering when they'll see Warcraft 4. Please.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2014
    • Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  22. Spectacle Arcane Patron

Spectacle
    Design wise this looks like absolute ass compared to TF2. There's no unifying style in the character designs, just a random collection of cartoony elements.

(Sadly TF2 doesn't look as good as it used to due to the weird hats etc. that valve has filled the game with compared to the clean design of vanilla, but it's still a lot more coherent than Blizzard's newest mess)

I dunno how the gameplay of this game will compare with TF2, but if it's going to focus on spamming speshul abilities rather than good old twitch skills it's probably going to suck.

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  23. Metro Arcane Beg Auditor

Metro
    dat ass

[​IMG]

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  24. Zed Codex Staff Patron

Zed
    Codex USB, 2014
    • Brofist Brofist x 3
    ^ Top  
  25. Azalin Arcane Patron

Azalin
    LoL made 624 millions in 2013,a South Korean game called Crossfire made 957 millions,another South Korean game called Dungeon Fighter made 1.4 billions,TF2 made 139$ millions,WoW made 213 millions just through microtransactions too
    http://www.gamespot.com/articles/le...r-2013-total-624-million-update/1100-6417224/

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  

(buying stuff via the above buttons helps us pay the hosting bills, thanks!)