Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Deleted Member 16721

What raises the bar for future CRPGs is also the timers and timed quests. Finally a game world where you can't just pick flowers for 6 months and then go close a hell gate where the guards say "I'm glad you made it here quickly!! We would be dead if it weren't for your timely intervention!!"

Timers = incline.

gestalt11

Arbiter
What raises the bar for future CRPGs is also the timers and timed quests. Finally a game world where you can't just pick flowers for 6 months and then go close a hell gate where the guards say "I'm glad you made it here quickly!! We would be dead if it weren't for your timely intervention!!"

Timers = incline.

World is gonna end!

Oh really? When?

Whenever you get to that area over there.

Cael

Arcane
I hate term SJW, because as disabled I never seen a person who's typically called SJW to do anything for me. But frankly this game is hurting itself by being overly "politically correct" (Is SJW a new term for person who screws other people by "political correctness"?)
In a word, yes.

But SJWs take things further by demanding special privileges for the so-called "oppressed". In this game, for example, the black Gary Stu has a much larger point buy than everyone, including the PC-made supposed "main" character. The best/only healer is a gay tranny. Things like that.
Ekun isn't a Sue character, he just has good stats. It's literally no different than Coran in Baldur's Gate. He's also not "oppressed," and none of his character or story implies that he is - black people on Golarion aren't African-Americans and there isn't any kind of allegory implied there.
Also Tristian isn't gay or a tranny, he's actually the only hetero female romance option.
Amiri's story is the closest one you could argue an SJW angle, but even that one is well-handled for the most part. She's not implied to be morally superior than her "oppressive" tribe really, she's still a violent murderer.
Octavia is a bit of an SJW personality-wise, and she is pretty annoying, but your character is free to tell her to fuck off.
Just as blacks love to see every little thing as a slight against them, just as SJWs love to turn every little word into an attack, it is rather ironic and karmic to turn the tables back on them.

You really don't get what a gay tranny is, do you? Let me give you an example: You are a female. You are gay. What gender do you like? Females, of course. Now, you went and turned yourself into something that looked like a male. An androgynous looking male. Does that make you a tranny? Yes, it does. But does that turn your love interest to males? No, it doesn't. Does it mean you are a real male? No, it doesn't either. What it does make you is a gay tranny who looks male and romances females. And as someone else already noted in this thread: Tristiana.

SJW pronouns need not apply to my posts because I do not recognise their whingings.

Emmanuel2

Savant
Damn, so the ending of Season of Bloom is completely impossible for a solo playthrough on a difficulty higher than normal/hard.

If anyone's playing solo, consider picking up a merc with you with the same build then dropping/deleting him after because if you're soloing, it's pretty much guaranteed that the companion the gnome will summon will be underlevelled. A level 7 to 8 solo companion (the gnome summoned Tristian for me) against a giant flytrap is completely impossible hence what I said at the beginning.

Regardless, after that I'm still chucking along with my solo Unfair and now comes more Kingdom chores.

Lawntoilet

Prophet
Patron
You really don't get what a gay tranny is, do you?
Sure I do.
latest

Shaewaroz

Arcane
Patron
In a hobo shack due to betting on neanderthal
I'm very into cock and ball torture
A murderous half-orc magus just promised to shower me with kisses after we finish the Stag Lord. Shower me with kisses??? WTF game??? Muh immersion is broken!

It would have been fine if he'd said he'll add me to his harem and repeatedly ravage my sweet little elven anus while Octavia sucks his balls. As a matter of fact, in this day and age, I would consider that Incline. No homo.

Last edited:

Lawntoilet

Prophet
Patron
so finished 4th playthru of chapter 1:
1st: aasmir lawful neutral scaled fist
2nd: halfling lawful evil kensei (dip for crane style and all that. very good naked tank with buffs)
3rd: human true neutral druid (solo) ===> this guy with large kitty had no problem at all with ratnook hill in chapter 1. and reached lv8 before coronation wtf.
4th: aasmir neutral evil ranger with bows/kitty ===> this was a bit stupid hacked in gold to get 6 custom party (druid with kitty, sylvan sorc with kitty, cleric , plain bard buffbot, tactical leader inquisitor) game was a breeze (after tutorial) on highest difficulty. didn't go beyond 3 kitties as not sure whether latest patch breaks it (again or no) specially with the any1 can have wings stuff.

now i will go full retard with cheat table and just dick around with shit until bored.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao

Lawntoilet

Prophet
Patron
You really don't get what a gay tranny is, do you?
Sure I do.
latest
Crossdressers are not trannies...
I'm aware, but you obviously don't watch South Park. Mr Garrison went from being a straight man, to a gay man, had a sex change and became a straight woman, then a lesbian, then had his sex change reversed to become a straight man again.
People still watch that shit?
That storyline was like 9 or 10 years ago

Codex Year of the Donut
In what way? I too find her intolerable and annoying little cunt. But how the fuck is MS? I find her extremely weak and pointless character in my game,she dies fast and misses 90% of her attacks. Sure maybe my build wasn't that good,but all the rest i could find some use for.
being a mary sue has nothing to do with game mechanics
she's written as a mary sue

Cael

Arcane
so finished 4th playthru of chapter 1:
1st: aasmir lawful neutral scaled fist
2nd: halfling lawful evil kensei (dip for crane style and all that. very good naked tank with buffs)
3rd: human true neutral druid (solo) ===> this guy with large kitty had no problem at all with ratnook hill in chapter 1. and reached lv8 before coronation wtf.
4th: aasmir neutral evil ranger with bows/kitty ===> this was a bit stupid hacked in gold to get 6 custom party (druid with kitty, sylvan sorc with kitty, cleric , plain bard buffbot, tactical leader inquisitor) game was a breeze (after tutorial) on highest difficulty. didn't go beyond 3 kitties as not sure whether latest patch breaks it (again or no) specially with the any1 can have wings stuff.

now i will go full retard with cheat table and just dick around with shit until bored.
As people playing the IWD2 super hard mode found out, when the game plays around with inflated monster stats, the only viable counter is summons because summons stats are inflated right along with the monster stats. Everything else became... secondary...

Shadenuat

Arcane
Nothing even remotely SJW in this game really works.

The reason for this is that game is written in a parodical and sometimes even comical pulp fantasy style very similar to BG1, and many "good" characters have pretty awful personalities. Some of it is just bad writing, but going through some russian texts some of it feels as it was intended and russians just outright trolled Paizo with all the ridiculous premises and events happening to characters.

Cael

Arcane
Some of it is just bad writing, but going through some russian texts some of it feels as it was intended and russians just outright trolled Paizo with all the ridiculous premises and events happening to characters.
You are making me start to like Owlcat for trolling SJWs. Stop that!

EDIT: By the way, what happened to the title? Owlcat didn't pay infinishit his demanded tribute?

EDIT2: fantadomat what did you do to get the little shit to put you on Ignore? You're the only one on his list. You made fun of his mother or his sister-daughter? Do tell, because that is one hell of a prestigious list to be on :D

Last edited:

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
In what way? I too find her intolerable and annoying little cunt. But how the fuck is MS? I find her extremely weak and pointless character in my game,she dies fast and misses 90% of her attacks. Sure maybe my build wasn't that good,but all the rest i could find some use for.
Uhhh ok,isn't a girl that gets all her power,skills and social status handed on a silver plater without any explanation or logic a mery sue? She is written mighty annoying,that is a fact,but i don't see the MS argument. She is an spoiled egoistical whiny little bitch that wouldn't stop with her sexism. Shame you can't kill people that annoy you,only kick them out if you are lucky.

Now that i think about it,can you have custom made characters as a advisors or are you stuck with that bunch of sjw retards?

Cael

Arcane
Uhhh ok,isn't a girl that gets all her power,skills and social status handed on a silver plater without any explanation or logic a mery sue? She is written mighty annoying,that is a fact,but i don't see the MS argument. She is an spoiled egoistical whiny little bitch that wouldn't stop with her sexism. Shame you can't kill people that annoy you,only kick them out if you are lucky.

Now that i think about it,can you have custom made characters as a advisors or are you stuck with that bunch of sjw retards?
That is one sign of a Mary Sue.

A Mary Sue is basically an obvious author insert. She can be the annoying voice of the author's ideals (for SJWs, that would be the one preaching SJW crap 24/7) and is always proven right not matter how stupid and inane her preaching is. She can be the asshole karma Houdini who never gets what is coming to her regardless of what she does. She can be the Wesley, to whom only good and wonderful things happen.

Generally, though, a Mary Sue comes with superpowers that she whips out of her ass in order to save the party, so that she can preach at them some more.

Lawntoilet

Prophet
Patron

You can't have custom advisors but you can have NPCs in most positions
except for Regent, after a certain point

Yosharian

Arcane

That's one aspect of a Mary Sue, the other is that she/he has no flaws.

For example, you could write a character that got all her power, skills and social status handed to her on a silver platter, but has terrible flaws and has to learn to overcome them. That wouldn't be a Mary Sue, but an actually interesting character.

TT1

Arcane
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
(Shadow Tatics was the first one).
Is Shadow Tactics that good? I've been meaning to pick it up for a while but never quite got around to it.

Yes, its just fantastic. I dont have ANY idea how Mimimi studios (?????) had the ability to develop such an incline and amazing game. Its beautiful.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom