Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
"in Baldur's Gate (which PK seems at moments heavily isnpired by)"

At moments? Sans Kingdom management, the entire game is 'heavily inspired' by BG. LMAO

Dodo1610

Arcane

At moments? Sans Kingdom management, the entire game is 'heavily inspired' by BG. LMAO

If only half of the people who talk about Bladurs Gate would have played it, we would be living in an endless incline.

gestalt11

Arbiter
So bug-wise, where's it at compared to two weeks ago?
It has evolved.

For better or worse?
It's called survival of the fittest for a reason.

So which bugs are the fittest?

:troll:

Evolution is not the same as selection even though people use it that way, its just change. Given no selection most change is either deleterious or neutral, very few changes are beneficial. You can't answer which is the fittest until you identify the selection, if it exists.

Clearly the means of selection is Reddit and other forums populated by idiots, so the fittest bugs are the ones idiots like or can't identify or can't figure if they are actually bugs.

hell bovine

Arcane

Fortunately not. BG had little character reactivity in dialogues, skillchecks were about rogues doing their stuff and the story was a heroic fantasy, except the brave hero had a bit of an accident with illithids somewhere around BG2, which is why in ToB you get to play a brainless puppet.

ArchAngel

Arcane
of course that require a carefull plannig and extreme min maxing.

the game at lowest difficulty is a clownfiesta that require almost zero effort.
Frankly this game has massive problem with major fights when it will lock you in a room, and when it spawns enemies behind your back. So it's not about CR, it's about them of not be competent GM.
So you would rather have PoE tank and spank?
At least in this game (on release) enemies sometimes will go beyond your front line and attack casters. I bet you don't like that as well, right?
You need to kite a bit and I bet you are too lazy for that.
WTF? You know you can't get Valerie as evil in early game right? So if you are starting as wizard or sorcerer you experience full line of characters that can't tank during first few combats in "tutorial"
So let's look at second combat after tutorial. (Or at least for evil second combat after tutorial.) Barbarian was critted in second round of combat by bow for 25 HP, thus down. So only tanks that remained were Harrim, who can't hit for shit, and J who when she goes down well at least she's dead already so no lucky crit, but she's not tank either, and third remaining person is caster who when try to cast would get three attack of opportunity, that assuming early casters have sufficient number of spells to murder all enemies. Another tank Oleg was lying on floor because he was swarmed by hordes after barbarian was shot. Also did I mention casters have hard time to hit high dex archer in close combat even with attacks of opportunity? I think the problem was solved by carefully maneuvering Harrim so attacks of opportunity will not cause problems, carefully using scroll on J, somehow evading these archers who one hit critted barbarian in armor, and let J who could hit stuff to deal with main archer. And expect Harrim to not die because then it would be two nearly dead next to no armor vs three melee fighters even after killing these archers.

And then we have that cute fight with T. mercenaries at level 2.

What front line? In grid based combat you can have front line, but there enemies are just running around and your characters can provoke attacks of opportunity that would be unlikely to happen in table top. Of course, your character can also charge enemy bard, eat 6 attacks of opportunity during charge, and kill the bard. I did just that in J. quest.

But let's look at this game from GM perspective.
There were serious mishaps.
In some combats they are casting like there would be no tomorrow. In fact, they are dumping spells so fast they are even preventing theirs teammates to attack you because there are 12 summoned wolves between you and them.
- A normal spellcaster would keep some spells in reserve, and would retreat because he would be not that much in use anyway. In fact a lot of wounded melee fighters would try to retreat as well when stuff goes bad. In fact some casters would preffer some spells over other even when they are not efficient. But developers of this game acted like small unshure children, throwing most dangerous stuff in every encounter, one primal hydra or two. No matter if it feels right or makes any sense.

Fantasy isn't about glorifying yellow, or blacks. Frankly kobolds are not known for high intelligence, and they typically don't learn high level spells. Typically.
Masterwork swords are not lying around every corner. And definitely don't fall into hands of highly populous low physical and mental ability species like kobolds, goblins, orcs... This stuff not only creates artificial difficulty, it also hurts suspension of disbelief.

Having nok nok smarter than majority of other kobolds because shaman did experiments on him to try increase intelligence and other stuff before he'd try it to himself and become hated by all kobolds because he's too smart. Frankly for these mass breeders an accomplishment was to learn magic missile. (Actually learning magic missile was accomplishment even for more capable species. Number of wizards in other species was relatively low as well.)

I hate term SJW, because as disabled I never seen a person who's typically called SJW to do anything for me. But frankly this game is hurting itself by being overly "politically correct" (Is SJW a new term for person who screws other people by "political correctness"?)

BTW you were joking about kitting with bow right? In real life you can't run quickly backward, and majority of people go fast after person who want to shoot them with bow. In fact, I never seen someone that can fire bow reliably when in close combat. Abuse AI and kite?
Where to start.. so much shit in this post of yours.

Valerie you can get with anyone because it depends on last conversation with Jamandi. And there is no penalty for picking lawful option with any character and that gives you Valerie. But why even take her. Jaethal is overall a better tank and character. Just replace that Scythe with a sword and board and give her all defensive feats you can find. Once she gets first teamwork feat take Shield Wall and pair her with Harrim. Use Defensive FIghting with 3 points in Mobility. She tanks better than Valerier when you got Judgement bonus on AC on. She has better initiative, lots of spells, better intimidate and as undead she is immune to lots of stuff. And she never gets Fatigue and cannot be randomly killed by a crit.

You have front line because many enemies attack closest targets while a few will run to attack your back line. You can plan around that. And you should not provoke AoO unless you have AI on like a Noob (while complaining here) so your front line runs around like a headless chicken.

Does not matter what GMs think, there is no GM in computer games and computer games don't work like PnP. Are you always this dense?

As for kiting, you can kite with any ranged character. You are supposed to watch what enemies are doing and if you notice them moving beyond your front line you can immediately start to move your vulnerable guys back while taking someone from the front line to intercept them so that enemy changes target again. Or is this simple maneuver too hard for retards that only want tank and spank like in PoE ?

Last edited:

gestalt11

Arbiter
You can't kite with a bow in real life, huh? Well I am also pretty sure you can't transform yourself into lightning, teleport and then shoot someone when you materialize in real life either, but that Ranger archetype can.

gestalt11

Arbiter
Who wants to put some bets on whether a patch will actually come out on the 22nd?

Its not gonna happen. They may even have a lot of it done, but there is no way they can do real work on it and put out the hotfixes. They'd be fools to not do some testing on it too. Mid-November at best.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
"Fortunately not. BG had little character reactivity in dialogues, skillchecks were about rogues doing their stuff and the story was a heroic fantasy, except the brave hero had a bit of an accident with illithids somewhere around BG2, which is why in ToB you get to play a brainless puppet."

Fortunately, yes. You can add on to something and still lean on it. KM is clearly heavily inspired by BG. It sceams it. Only an ignorant idiot would think otherwise. Imagien, though, improiving/adding things onto a 20 year old game. HOLY FUKK SAKES.

Cael

Arcane
I hate term SJW, because as disabled I never seen a person who's typically called SJW to do anything for me. But frankly this game is hurting itself by being overly "politically correct" (Is SJW a new term for person who screws other people by "political correctness"?)
In a word, yes.

But SJWs take things further by demanding special privileges for the so-called "oppressed". In this game, for example, the black Gary Stu has a much larger point buy than everyone, including the PC-made supposed "main" character. The best/only healer is a gay tranny. Things like that.

Salvo

Arcane
In a word, yes.

But SJWs take things further by demanding special privileges for the so-called "oppressed". In this game, for example, the black Gary Stu has a much larger point buy than everyone, including the PC-made supposed "main" character. The best/only healer is a gay tranny. Things like that.

While Paizo has a massive SJW agenda, the same cannot be said for this game. I'd attribute the fucked up point buy to incompetence rather than a simple "black dudes are cool lol". Tristian is neither gay nor a tranny, actually he can't even be romanced if you're not a woman, he's based like that.

To every coin there's two sides, and anti-SJWs are just as bad as the ones they hate. Stop seeing shadows everywhere and just enjoy the game for the beatiful yet extremely pleasurable fuck-up that it is.

Cael

Arcane
In a word, yes.

While Paizo has a massive SJW agenda, the same cannot be said for this game. I'd attribute the fucked up point buy to incompetence rather than a simple "black dudes are cool lol". Tristian is neither gay nor a tranny, actually he can't even be romanced if you're not a woman, he's based like that.

To every coin there's two sides, and anti-SJWs are just as bad as the ones they hate. Stop seeing shadows everywhere and just enjoy the game for the beatiful yet extremely pleasurable fuck-up that it is.
You attribute it to incompetence, I attribute it to SJW. See how that works?

To every coin there's two sides, and SJWs are the side that fell on the cowpat. Stop ignoring reality and honestly critique the game for the fuck-up that it is.

ArchAngel

Arcane
In a word, yes.

Like normal Cael is full of shit. Don't even read this idiot, he is not playing this game at all. All his info is 10% what he read about the game and 90% what he fabricated in his crazy head.
Main healer (Tristian) is not gay or tranny. He is actually a romance options for female characters.

Lawntoilet

Prophet
Patron
In a word, yes.

Ekun isn't a Sue character, he just has good stats. It's literally no different than Coran in Baldur's Gate. He's also not "oppressed," and none of his character or story implies that he is - black people on Golarion aren't African-Americans and there isn't any kind of allegory implied there.
Also Tristian isn't gay or a tranny, he's actually the only hetero female romance option.
Amiri's story is the closest one you could argue an SJW angle, but even that one is well-handled for the most part. She's not implied to be morally superior than her "oppressive" tribe really, she's still a violent murderer.
Octavia is a bit of an SJW personality-wise, and she is pretty annoying, but your character is free to tell her to fuck off.

gestalt11

Arbiter
In a word, yes.

Ekun isn't a Sue character, he just has good stats. It's literally no different than Coran in Baldur's Gate. He's also not "oppressed," and none of his character or story implies that he is - black people on Golarion aren't African-Americans and there isn't any kind of allegory implied there.
Also Tristian isn't gay or a tranny, he's actually the only hetero female romance option.
Amiri's story is the closest one you could argue an SJW angle, but even that one is well-handled for the most part. She's not implied to be morally superior than her "oppressive" tribe really, she's still a violent murderer.
Octavia is a bit of an SJW personality-wise, and she is pretty annoying, but your character is free to tell her to fuck off.

Amiri is from Paizo anyway. Also anyone can be a gay tranny if they want to be one, its impossible to know who is a gay tranny until they tell you. And even then, do you ever really know? And what if you are two-spirit gender, can you ever really be gay or are you always gay no matter the sex of your partners? Maybe you can be a two-spirit tranny and be both gay and not-gay at the same time. Of course everyone is both gay and not-gay when placed into a box where no one can observe, but what about when you aren't in an observation-blocking box and you have transitioned but also recently discovered you are bi-gendered and/or two-spirit?

These are all highly important questions that need to be answered by people with no lives that have nothing better to do and are probably at least partially insane.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
In a word, yes.

:npc:
Yes,all the rest are filthy racists and literally hitler. Really hate how that one white guard outside the main hall is not bowing to me when i go past him! He clearly is a filthy CIS man,you should get the option to castrate him,gladly will pay 150BP to do it. Oh and Tristan is the worst,he is not gay,can you imagine it?! Arghhhhh,i am literally shaking!!! They should have made him/her a gender fluid or at least a pansexual Ooze. Nok nok is sooooo racist,it all relies on gender and race stereotypes of the goblin people. Uphhh that game is so patriarchal,i am literally shaking...again.
#Resist #Orangemanbad

Ecum is bloody splash in my game,fuck that sjw pandering pile of shit! No place for race mixing degenerates in my kingdom!

Codex Year of the Donut
In a word, yes.

amiri is a mary sue

TT1

Arcane
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Ok, it's been a few days since I've been thinking of doing a little review of my PK experience, but I was wondering if it was worth it, even more so in Codex, which has a lot more people who have strong opinions and understand much more than I understand, about games. But, the game has given me several hours of pure fun, so I think it's worth the testimony:

Things worth commenting on:

- 86h into the game and I did not even scratch the map and the plot. This game is HUGE.
- Character creation is beautiful and complex. Honestly, I do not remember anything so detailed since I played AoD. Easily the best character sheet I've ever played. EVER.
- scenarios are beautiful, colorful, varied and detailed. they allow a good use for different positions and strategies. For several times I used corridors or narrow passages to gain tactical advantage.
- The amount of detail in the scenarios is impressive. Fish, animals, plants ... every moment I find something new to notice. The ambient sound is far above average as well.
- I do not remember any crpg where the weather and the passing of the seasons impact as much as in PK.
- I really love the journal and how simple it is.
- good itemization.
- voice is diverse and well made.

Things that raise the bar for the next crpgs:

- camping and rest systems (including cooking/ consumables mechanics).
- difficulty customization and game settings.
- scenario details and seasons.
- the game is actually challenging and this is pretty fucking great.

Kingdom management could be better and not so demanding, of course, but it is not a problem (the game is KING MAKER, after all). It's clearly more complex than managing a castle / keep, and the game certainly goes in the right direction. There are more hits than mistakes in this case.

The game is a massive incline and you can see that the guys who did it love what they're doing and believe in the game. Well, I believe in it too. The bugs will be fixed over time (and the guys are working hard on it), so, in my opinion, this game only tends to grow. I did not have fun this way in a very, very long time. What these guys did is a miracle. I never expected a small studio to deliver such a complex and gigantic game, with this budget. This is the second time I've been surprised by this (Shadow Tatics was the first one).

Obsidian has a lot to learn from this game.

:hype:

Lawntoilet

Prophet
Patron
In a word, yes.

:npc:
Yes,all the rest are filthy racists and literally hitler. Really hate how that one white guard outside the main hall is not bowing to me when i go past him! He clearly is a filthy CIS man,you should get the option to castrate him,gladly will pay 150BP to do it. Oh and Tristan is the worst,he is not gay,can you imagine it?! Arghhhhh,i am literally shaking!!! They should have made him/her a gender fluid or at least a pansexual Ooze. Nok nok is sooooo racist,it all relies on gender and race stereotypes of the goblin people. Uphhh that game is so patriarchal,i am literally shaking...again.
#Resist #Orangemanbad

Ecum is bloody splash in my game,fuck that sjw pandering pile of shit! No place for race mixing degenerates in my kingdom!
:what:

Are you guys serious? It's a very boring game(i didn't even get to the bugs :D). Either you didn't play anything outside the last few AAA(Witcher, Skyrim etc) or i'm missing something?
:nocountryforshitposters:

M. AQVILA

Arcane
So bug-wise, where's it at compared to two weeks ago?
It has evolved.

For better or worse?
It's called survival of the fittest for a reason.

So which bugs are the fittest?

Evolution is not the same as selection even though people use it that way, its just change. Given no selection most change is either deleterious or neutral, very few changes are beneficial. You can't answer which is the fittest until you identify the selection, if it exists.

Clearly the means of selection is Reddit and other forums populated by idiots, so the fittest bugs are the ones idiots like or can't identify or can't figure if they are actually bugs.

When people hear evolution they think Pokemon, except that's not how it works.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
In a word, yes.

amiri is a mary sue
In what way? I too find her intolerable and annoying little cunt. But how the fuck is MS? I find her extremely weak and pointless character in my game,she dies fast and misses 90% of her attacks. Sure maybe my build wasn't that good,but all the rest i could find some use for.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom