Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Beta Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Lawntoilet

Prophet
Patron
It’s definitely more difficult, and the knob for more AI abilities hasn’t even been implemented yet. Enemy stealth/invis is far more of a thing so you’ll have rangers/slayers decloaking in your rear and summons mysteriously appearing.

For what it’s worth, I don’t play Unfair in P:K for lvls 1-11 either (I’ll turn it on for testing because that’s only fair). Core is plenty challenging (probably because you don’t have a Freebooter or Bard).
Core seems pretty fair to me. I really got my ass kicked a few times when I wasn't on top of things (especially in the Market Square, but also at the house party and I believe the Pitaxian Wine Cellar).
I'm also playing a vanilla Magus (and a Cavalier but haven't gotten as far with him yet) and was late picking up Ember and Daeren so I was lacking some abilities that would've made the Market Square a bit easier.
Really not sure what to do buildwise with a lot of the companions but I think it'll be fun to figure out.

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
It’s definitely more difficult, and the knob for more AI abilities hasn’t even been implemented yet. Enemy stealth/invis is far more of a thing so you’ll have rangers/slayers decloaking in your rear and summons mysteriously appearing.

For what it’s worth, I don’t play Unfair in P:K for lvls 1-11 either (I’ll turn it on for testing because that’s only fair). Core is plenty challenging (probably because you don’t have a Freebooter or Bard).
Core seems pretty fair to me. I really got my ass kicked a few times when I wasn't on top of things (especially in the Market Square, but also at the house party and I believe the Pitaxian Wine Cellar).
I'm also playing a vanilla Magus (and a Cavalier but haven't gotten as far with him yet) and was late picking up Ember and Daeren so I was lacking some abilities that would've made the Market Square a bit easier.
Really not sure what to do buildwise with a lot of the companions but I think it'll be fun to figure out.

Since you get them all three levels in it’s going to be hard to beat just staying pure. Ward is a decent Hex since there aren’t so many +2 Rings and Capes floating around and it doesn’t have the 24 hr limitation. Looks like it’s going to be hard to beat spamming Slumber in Ember since it’s unaffected by Spell Resistance, which is unfortunate since her Curse makes you want to be nuking. Maybe they’ll fix it so that more mobs are immune.

Hampering Hex is like a bad Freebooter’s Bane, but it gets the job done. Camellia can end up with a decent AC and Enemy Bane is enough to make you want to be attacking with her (there will probably be an agile Rapier she can use).

Will probably use Second Mystery Nature to give Darren a Mount to overcome his stagger problem. Maybe spam Mythic Dazzling Display and Heal in combat? He doesn’t come with any ranged feats and his seven STR means he’d probably have to go DEX-based and you’re already flooded with companions doing that.

Will be interesting.

Lawntoilet

Prophet
Patron
Dammit I am storming the Grey Garrison with a party that has no Communal Resist/Protection from Elements and there have been two fights so far that are completely handing my ass to me.
It's awesome :positive:

Desiderius

Patron
Dammit I am storming the Grey Garrison with a party that has no Communal Resist/Protection from Elements and there have been two fights so far that are completely handing my ass to me.

Yeah, playing without a Bard was like missing a hand.

Lawntoilet

Prophet
Patron

No Bard, no Cleric (Ember + Daeren + Seelah compensate in a lot of ways but I find the lack of prepared-casters a bit limiting), nobody with 3rd level spells in my party... compared to Chapter 2 in Kingmaker it's a surprise to be sure, but a welcome one.

Desiderius

Patron
No Bard, no Cleric (Ember + Daeren + Seelah compensate in a lot of ways but I find the lack of prepared-casters a bit limiting), nobody with 3rd level spells in my party... compared to Chapter 2 in Kingmaker it's a surprise to be sure, but a welcome one.

Once the Sprigganknight showed up, Seelah hit the bench.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao

Muh i never use bards,sounds too stupid for me,still a lot better than ninjas and all that cringe.

Lawntoilet

Prophet
Patron
Well I finally did it lads, I defeated the demon invasion of Kenebres and am now a bona fide Crusader!
:whiteknight:
Grey Garrison was a real blast. Multiple fun and tough fights, a real grind to get to the end, and then a great climax that also works to introduce some new mechanics.
Even a good use of trash mobs, used as patrols that can jump in and ambush you in a tough fight unless you go around picking off the patrolling mobs.
If they keep this up, this game is going to be awesome.
:desu:
Now I can finally go tick off that fetch quest for Seelah's friend that I got like a dozen hours ago

Last edited:

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
I wasn't paying attention, are you guys playing the new Pathfinder RPG in alpha already? Did you get a code for backing? Can I buy a code?
I binged Pathfinder: Kingmaker last year (or the year before, I forgot when it came out) and it was amazing.

Desiderius

Patron

Muh i never use bards,sounds too stupid for me,still a lot better than ninjas and all that cringe.

Well, we’ve found out why you can’t do jack shit then.

Bard OP.

gurugeorge

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In

I must admit, this is one of the reasons why I enjoyed PF:K. As an inveterate, intransigent Bard player, I'm delighted that, finally, there's a D&D style game in which a Bard can be MVP!

(Also a reason why I loved the now sadly defunct MMO Vanguard: Saga of Heroes. Probably the best ever implementation of the Bard concept!)

(So sue me, I'm a musician irl :) )

Desiderius

Patron

I must admit, this is one of the reasons why I enjoyed PF:K. As an inveterate, intransigent Bard player, I'm delighted that, finally, there's a D&D style game in which a Bard can be MVP!

(Also a reason why I loved the now sadly defunct MMO Vanguard: Saga of Heroes. Probably the best ever implementation of the Bard concept!)

(So sue me, I'm a musician irl :) )

Likewise.

They do need some more alternative sources of Competence bonuses in WotR tho. Camellia has a (severly nerfed) source of Morale.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
I complain about warlocks and necromancer specialized wizards being very nerfed on CRPG's, BUT Bards are probably the most nerfed class on most CRPG's...

Ninjerk

Arcane
They're pretty hilariously OP at leveling in EQ99. They have runspeed and AoE DoTs they can use to burn whole zones full of monsters down with, as well as charm spells to make enemies kill their friends.

Desiderius

Patron
I complain about warlocks and necromancer specialized wizards being very nerfed on CRPG's, BUT Bards are probably the most nerfed class on most CRPG's...

I wanted to go back and try BG SCS but couldn't handle how bad the Bard was compared to P:K.

Lawntoilet

Prophet
Patron
I wasn't paying attention, are you guys playing the new Pathfinder RPG in alpha already? Did you get a code for backing? Can I buy a code?
I binged Pathfinder: Kingmaker last year (or the year before, I forgot when it came out) and it was amazing.
You get a code for backing and buying the Alpha access add-on for $15.
It may or may not be too late to get in on the alpha, I'm not sure.

Serpent in the Staglands Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I felt like I was getting my ass kicked based on the number of NPC archers getting killed but the quest giver said we had "minimal losses" so either it's a bug or I did better than expected.
I think she just says "minimal losses" if you win, regardless of how many NPCs died. That's opposed to losing the fight, which can happen if the enemy alchemists destroy too many buildings, but doesn't cause a game over like if your MC died.

Lawntoilet

Prophet
Patron
this is the boss fight of the first chapter?
Yes. It's similar to the Stag Lord's fortress assault but was a much longer dungeon crawl before the actual boss fight, and I'm 99% sure there is no way to back out and rest once you've committed to the assault.
The actual boss fight is when you get your first set of Mythic Powers, which is a good thing since your resources will almost certainly be exhausted and the boss is a CR17 demon with a bunch of mooks helping her
I felt like I was getting my ass kicked based on the number of NPC archers getting killed but the quest giver said we had "minimal losses" so either it's a bug or I did better than expected.
I think she just says "minimal losses" if you win, regardless of how many NPCs died. That's opposed to losing the fight, which can happen if the enemy alchemists destroy too many buildings, but doesn't cause a game over like if your MC died.
Oh that makes sense. I didn't lose any buildings at all and very few melee guards, but probably 80% or so of the archers got killed.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom