Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous - Owlcat's next Pathfinder RPG - now in ALPHA

Discussion in 'Owlcat Games' started by purpleblob, Nov 27, 2019.

1. FranticDistortion Learned

FranticDistortion
    Aeons' and Liches' spells look rad. Legend is cool, because refusing bitch-ass overpowered shit and still kicking everyone's ass sounds rad. Angels sucks. What other mythics will get and do they have something more rad than summoning a giant dimensional rift?

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    • Button Button x 1
    • Excited! Excited! x 1
    ^ Top  
  2. Daidre Augur

Daidre
    Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    Imho, most rad thing for Aeons to have would be some time-rewind combat ability - one that rollbacks all changes from the last round/turn for example.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    • Button Button x 1
    • incline incline x 1
    ^ Top  
  3. FranticDistortion Learned

FranticDistortion
    Sounds cool, but would take too much time and work to implement.

• Button Button x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  4. Lacrymas Arcane

Lacrymas
    Hopefully the mythic paths will affect Druid forms and we'll finally get to play a viable transformation Druid.

Speaking of viability, how are the mythic paths going to influence our companions? I fear they are going to feel weak compared to the MC.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2020
    • Participation Award Participation Award x 1
    ^ Top  
  5. Efe Arbiter

Efe
    everything takes time and work to implement. i hope they add a vast array of such abilities for each mythic path.

^ Top  
  6. Daidre Augur

Daidre
    All kinds of shape-shifters suffered when Pathfinder's designers tried to "fix" D&D issues - new forms no longer overwrite physical stats but only add some flat bonus and even something like Huge Dragon gives measly +10 size STR and set of natural attacks, with full BAB at least.

As result, anyone who had low-ish STR and BAB in original form wont suddenly turn into killing machine when shapeshifted. So, not much hope for transformation druids. But maybe they will at least get their Dragon Form spell line back in new game that for some reason went missing in Kingmaker (only Wizards/Sorcs/Alchemists got access to it).

• Informative Informative x 1
    ^ Top  
  7. TT1 Magister Patron

TT1
    Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    Ha, told you

• Informative Informative x 1
    • [citation needed] [citation needed] x 1
    • Nuke it from orbit Nuke it from orbit x 1
    ^ Top  
  8. InD_ImaginE Magister Patron

InD_ImaginE
    This is from the Evolving Animal Companion update:

Seems like everybody gets bit of everything. Most likely there will be general Mythic Feats for companions based on your Mythic level.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    • Thanks! Thanks! x 1
    ^ Top  
  9. Pink Eye Monk Patron

Pink Eye
    Man, so slooow. Spanish bros, where are you?! Don't abandon us like the TB bros did!

• Despair Despair x 3
    • Fabulously Optimistic Fabulously Optimistic x 1
    • Shit Shit x 1
    ^ Top  
  10. Pink Eye Monk Patron

Pink Eye
    I hope this excites you as much as it did to me!
    Show Spoiler
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Shit Shit x 2
    • Button Button x 1
    ^ Top  
  11. User0001 Learned

User0001
    Great comment and for anyone interested in the thread you're referring to, - https://rpgcodex.net/forums/index.p...urn-based-the-magnificent-seven-argument.192/

Highly recommended read ^

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Thanks! Thanks! x 1
    • Shit Shit x 1
    ^ Top  
  12. Xor Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

Xor
    Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
    Oh, I thought he'd kill her if I went through the evil ending for his quest or something. Fuck that.

Edit:
    The Runelords trilogy (Rise of the Runelords, Shattered Star, and Return of the Runelords) would be fantastic, although that'd be committing to 3 games. I didn't really care for the villain of Crimson Throne when I read through the background for it, but I doubt Owlcat would leave her as a
    Show Spoiler
    bored socialite who married the king of a city for wealth and privilege and then gets possessed by an ancient artifact that turns her into an evil thot
    . Strange Aeons would be another good one.

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  13. Harthwain Scholar

Harthwain
    "Better" is subjective. I like TB more than RTwP myself, but despite the fact that Pillars of Eternity 1 did manage to kill my interest in RTwP (for cRPGs at least) I can understand why other people can like it over TB. I mean, I enjoyed BG2 (and IWD) a lot, after all. It's always down to perspective and the point of view depends on where you sit, so... I think this is fairly pointless to argue about which system is "better".

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    ^ Top  
  14. Mystic_Quest Learned

Mystic_Quest
    I hope you get the photo-realistic monk you deserve! [​IMG]

Show Spoiler
    [​IMG]

• Funny x 5
    • nice x 2
    • hopw roewur ne x 1
    • Agree x 1
    • Friendly x 1
    • Disgusting! x 1
    ^ Top  
  15. jungl Learned

jungl
    I never tried a druid in pathfinder but isnt the sorcerers dragon form spell superior to the druids elemental forms. Making the whole gimick of the druid class and the class itself essentially obsolete caster.

^ Top  
  16. Grampy_Bone Arcane

Grampy_Bone
    Wandering the world randomly in search of maps
    Two words: Creeping Doom. "Now I have a swarm. Ho ho ho."

• Prestigious Prestigious x 1
    ^ Top  
  17. Pink Eye Monk Patron

Pink Eye
    >Two words: Creeping Doom. "Now I have a swarm. Ho ho ho."
    What did the bone of grumpy mean by this?!

• Shit Shit x 1
    ^ Top  
  18. Mystic_Quest Learned

Mystic_Quest
    Yes, way better than any form of the druid in melee and with better self-buffs. I really wish there were some end-game feats and forms for wildshape. Call of the Wild adds a flytrap form at level 11 and planar ws feat, but still...

^ Top  
  19. jungl Learned

jungl
    Thats the problem with pathfinder. Might as well delete druid class and all those legacy 3rd edition prestige classes like dragon disciple and make their own unique stuff.

• Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  20. Shadenuat Arcane

Shadenuat
    that's some abstract shit that has little to do with tactical combat in computer game. and the debate happened because of 2 systems inside one game, not if one is clearly superior, but gl fighting strawpplz.

the real value of TB is pre planning and enemy reacting to your plan and said plan going wrong way or not. this is why a lot of great tb games utilise some element of uncertainty (like x com) or similar mechanic (like dos1 elemental play). PK with TB mod has nothing of the sort, as all battles are generally predictable, ai has no idea about action economy inside turns and it cannot react to player actions - you can just walk hasted turn-1 to enemy hardest boss and one shot them, while their henchmen can just watch.

do note that in AoD you're universally outnumbered by 5:1 or 50 to 1 (ordu battle) and often same in Underrail (plus absurd numbers on highest difficulty). speaking of tactics and number bloat, I mean, lol, these are not even party games. what's tactical about them?
    at least should have named Dungeon Rats as a much more tactical and fair game. but maybe you're too bad for it? but i guess, after arguments like "if you want challenging combat, play x com" and yahtzee utub memes :shittydog:

don't forget to put me on ignor list :shittydog:

• Brofist Brofist x 7
    • I found this text to be too long and as such I didn't read it I found this text to be too long and as such I didn't read it x 1
    • Salute Salute x 1
    • honk honk! honk honk! x 1
    ^ Top  
  21. User0001 Learned

User0001
    Whether TB or RTwP, both systems will be using the same AI, so I agree with you on this and hope that it'll be better in Wrath of the Righteous.

Number bloat was also a problem in Pathfinder:Kingmaker. Thank you for pointing this out and let's both hope that the encounter design and AI is worked on.

Peace

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Shit Shit x 1
    ^ Top  
  22. Grampy_Bone Arcane

Grampy_Bone
    Wandering the world randomly in search of maps
    Haven't you seen Die Hard?

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Yes Yes x 1
    • Shit Shit x 1
    ^ Top  
  23. Pink Eye Monk Patron

Pink Eye
    Sir, I am a mentally stunted adult. My entire mental capacity can be summarized by the amount of time I've wasted on Kingmaker. In short, explain the reference to me.

• Brofist x 1
    • Agree x 1
    • decline x 1
    • Informative x 1
    • Friendly x 1
    • Bro, do you even lift? x 1
    • retadred x 1
    • Shit x 1
    ^ Top  
  24. Magnat Arcane Vatnik

Magnat
    I cannot comprehend your fixation with PfK. Certainly there are better games to become autistically focused upon.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • No No x 2
    • retadred retadred x 1
    ^ Top  
  25. Pink Eye Monk Patron

Pink Eye
    I don't know how to explain it to you. I just love Pathfinder that much. It captures the magic that I felt when I first played Baldur's Gate.

• Brofist Brofist x 6
    • Friendly Friendly x 6
    • incline incline x 1
    • Shit Shit x 1
    ^ Top