Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Eternity Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire + DLC Thread - now with turn-based combat!

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
This is nonsense.

BEvers

I'm forever blowing
Obviously the PC is the new god. Might as well try to drum up some ToB-nostalgia.

Self-Ejected

Safav Hamon

Self-Ejected
Village Idiot The Real Fanboy
DLC comes out next month. It will verify that I'm telling the truth.

You kill Wael and pull a shard called the Weight of Revelation from her body. I believe I even showed the specific line where it says it a few months ago.

Then the shard gives you a revelation about who the twelfth god of Eora is. It's someone you know.

Last edited:

Agesilaus

Antiquity Studio
Patron
Developer
Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
In my last play through I ended the world.

I finished the Winter DLC and became an official Agent of the ice minotaur god. When I got to the ending scene, I told the stone giant god. He had an emo tantrum and life on the planet ended because he got too depressed.

Now I'm playing through again as a Trickster, which apparently has been buffed a lot by a recent patch. The Wizard spells are good additions.

The main thing I dislike about the game are the stupid and unlikeable companions. I can click through the writing when it gets really bad and over-wrought, so that hasn't been too much of a problem.

2house2fly

Magister
Hmm... the Weight Of Revelation is the name of the third piece of Woedica's Crown. I presume it's not Wael but the Oracle Of Wael, just like the Beast Of Winter wasn't Rymrgand. With Woedica's Crown reassembled, the stage is set for the player to absorb its godly power and re-enact the end of God Of War

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
Maybe if you reassemble the crown, you'll get another option with Eothas in the end. Sever his connection with the statue? Replace him with Woedica? That would be a very nice continuation of empowering her in PoE1. It won't fix the terrible ending, but it's a nice MotB-like "bonus" ending if you collect all the pieces. Too bad they fucked up the entire narrative and it's unsalvageable.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I remember Josh making a face in some old interview - "It's 2016, please stop making games about zombies". Not that zombies are not a dull cliche, but dude, you made a game about the chosen one who has the superpower to see dead people. And if the chosen one now ascends to godhood, well...

TT1

Arcane
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
DLC comes out next month. It will verify that I'm telling the truth.

You kill Wael and pull a shard called the Weight of Revelation from her body. I believe I even showed the specific line where it says it a few months ago.

Then the shard gives you a revelation about who the twelfth god of Eora is. It's someone you know.

You treat it like a secret of state, when all you have are the game files inside /exported. This could be a bait and they can change it all in the last minute.

IHaveHugeNick

Arcane
I remember Josh making a face in some old interview - "It's 2016, please stop making games about zombies". Not that zombies are not a dull cliche, but dude, you made a game about the chosen one who has the superpower to see dead people. And if the chosen one now ascends to godhood, well...

He's not involved with the DLCs to be fair.

This isn't just any new god.

When revealed - Minds will be blown, the way people view Pillars lore will be revolutionized, and many heated debates will take place over what Obsidian was thinking.

This reminded me of those dramatic previews for Clone High (Thanks by the by, now that I remembered Clone High I remembered the cliffhanger at the end)

Next time, on a very special PoE 2 DLC... Will Konstanten and Fassina student films reveal their true feelings for one other? How will the Watcher get himself out of another dangerous pickle? And what will become of Eora? I'd tell you but I haven't played the DLC yet, they were supposed to send it to me but there's this guy at Obsidian who totally hates me, if he gets me fired I'm going to kill his cats

IHaveHugeNick

Arcane
I find it hard to believe they would include some massive lore-bending plot twist as an optional challenge 99,99999% players won't even notice.

The Real Fanboy
Microsoft can always release a cool animated short film trailer describing Pillars 1 and Deadfire's story before they release Pillars 3 as an arpg or open world fps rpg! Éder can narrate it!

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
I find it hard to believe they would include some massive lore-bending plot twist as an optional challenge 99,99999% players won't even notice.
In the final DLC for DA: Inquisition, your PC found out that your elf party member is actually a god (though this is revealed to you in the final cutscene of the main game).

... hmm.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
Which challenges are worth it? I'm thinking of enabling some on my next playthrough, but most of them sound gimmicky. I'm not interested in Eothas' one yet. Will definitely enable Galawain, but other than that I'm not sure.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom