Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Indie Sands of Space - sci-fi turn-based RPG (in development)

Bocian

Arcane
How is the progress on the game?

dmonin

Arcane
Patron
Developer
Make the Codex Great Again!
Hey guys,

New screenshot of Mines. It's new location so it is lil bit empty for now.

I haven't stop working on the game. But I changed my working pipeline to get better optimization. So work in progress: new models, new textures, new really good ambient music (can't stop listening it everyday), etc.

It's gonna be more interesting news in Jan 2019 I hope.

55.png

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
Hey guys,

New screenshot of Mines. It's new location so it is lil bit empty for now.

I haven't stop working on the game. But I changed my working pipeline to get better optimization. So work in progress: new models, new textures, new really good ambient music (can't stop listening it everyday), etc.

It's gonna be more interesting news in Jan 2019 I hope.

55.png

This looks great.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

Yep, a lil bit bad quality because it's zoomed while recording. It looks much better in the game. Anyway I have finished most vfx that I needed like water, fire and electricity (not in video yet).

And yes, it's still in development :D

just found this game today. Looks really good, you are very talented. Defiantly will support when you make it availible. I like that light blue font you have been using and its size for reading BTW. Its color and size and clarity is very easy on the eyes as is your entire
UI design.

The tank turrets modeled above somewhere might want to be a little bit bigger perhaps, not that it matters much..very nice work...

dmonin

Arcane
Patron
Developer
Make the Codex Great Again!
Hello my friends!

Thank you so much that you still remember me. It’s inspiring. And I’m very sorry for the lack of news. Now about the most important thing - the project is alive, developing and not abandoned.

Straight to the specifics. There was no news for many reasons. One of the main reasons is that most of news are technical news and for the gaming community it would be just boring.
Next thing I broke my PC while trying to change my CPU cooler. Ha-ha, classic...
I was without a PC for a 1.5 month. Good news that nothing was lost because I do regular backup on several HDD also, I has github repo.

1. Most game mechanics have moved to Lua

I needed a good solution for the future to provide a quick fix for game mechanics. Because any editing of quests / dialogues caused a full rebuilding and this process could take a lot of time. Yes, I know that you can keep game mechanics in a separate assembly, but it is really bad way. I made script structure similar to the scripts from Fallout 1 / 2.

lua-template-work.png

2. The dialog system now is based on Lua scripts too

I wrote a converter from Draft3 project to Lua. It handles basic stat check nodes and convert them to Lua. Writing own dialog node editor is too expensive so yes I use the Draft3 in my pipeline.

An original

dialog-node-editor.png

Export from Draft3
dialog-bad-format.png

And final result after convert

dialog-lua-format.png

3. The dialogue system also running on the template engine

Added the text template engine for dialog nodes. For example, you can have a female/male character or display the name of the character, etc. and those things have to affect on dialog node. Also, it can check some stats but those checks should be in Lua but not in template.

dialog-template.png

4. Finished most of UI

ui-psi.png

ui-inventory.png

ui-char-editor.png

bubble-background-1.png

bubble-background-2.png

5. Removed the "mobile" elements

For me old battle mode had strong reference to mobile games. I mean those big hexes. And I didn't like it. So now movement in battle mode based on lines. The hexagonal grid still exists.

combat-line.png

6. Moved all game mechanics data to json format instead binary

AI behavior in battle, non-combat behavior, etc.

ai-json-data-info.png

7. Started learning animation

anim-2.gif

anim.gif

This is a very fun thing actually. I'm in the beginning.

One thing I didn't finish it’s the Editor. Cause most of my utilities work from console and there is no any UI for them. As you can see the news a little bit boring. But the changes are massive, complex and contains a lot of work.

By the way I posted screenshots without a new visual things. I want to keep some intrigue. As for further plans I think to release something playable by the June/July of 2020. I can’t promise and don’t want to, but I will try.

Sykar

Arcane
Thanks! Personally I did find a peak into the inner workings interesting and I am sure other codexers will, too. Now if only I could read Russian for those two screenshots. Interestingly everything else seems English, just the speech bubbles. Any reason for that?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom