Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Vapourware Star Citizen - Only people with too much money can become StarCitizens! WOULD YOU LIKE TO KNOW MORE?

Discussion in 'MMO(RP)G / Online Discussion' started by Morgoth, Sep 10, 2012.

1. justincz Educated

justincz
    • Funny Funny x 6
    • WTF am I reading WTF am I reading x 3
    • Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  2. Angthoron Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

Angthoron
    • Funny Funny x 5
    • Yes Yes x 1
    ^ Top  
  3. Wulfric Pinewood Savant Possibly Retarded The Real Fanboy

Wulfric Pinewood
    I ve tought Shemale is shaved man ...

• Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1
    ^ Top  
  4. fantadomat Dumbfuck! Dumbfuck Edgy

fantadomat
    Shaving is the first step on the path of transition.

^ Top  
  5. Keshik Arcane

Keshik
    I guess some tech leads not pushing back at people enough. This game always had some feature creep run amok vibe to it.

^ Top  
  6. Angthoron Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

Angthoron
    I am not sure container streaming is even going to help solve the problem anyway, considering the actual scale that this is supposed to be on, the amount of players that should be playing concurrently, AND that it's all meant to be real-time. I'm not a professional by any means, but my guess would be that network/memory lag would cause things to not load correctly, which in turn would lead to further and further problems. Seeing how some things aren't loading correctly now, I do wonder what all that will be when they manage to add OCS.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • [citation needed] [citation needed] x 1
    ^ Top  
  7. AN4RCHID Arcane

AN4RCHID
    Joking aside, this is literally that right? I for one support them for drilling down into the core appeal of Mass Effect.

• decline decline x 1
    • Excited! Excited! x 1
    ^ Top  
  8. Wulfric Pinewood Savant Possibly Retarded The Real Fanboy

Wulfric Pinewood
    It will be [that DG game ] about tranny and gay armada taking attack on heterosexual part of space. Our main character is tranny space Gaylord wih brave team of similar characters and player role is to make space into one big rainbow experience of weird love. All heterosexuals will be depicted as nazis and intelectual low collective of various rednecks.

• Edgy Edgy x 1
    ^ Top  
  9. Angthoron Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

Angthoron
    This thread is like the polar opposite of the SomethingAwful thread in terms of political correctness.

• Funny Funny x 3
    ^ Top  
  10. Haba Harbinger of Decline Patron

Haba
    Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
    Some brave soul should really make this parody game.

"Space Gaylord and his loyal sidekick Xir Transperson fight the Intergalactic Patriarchy"

Basically fighting those guys

^ Top  
  11. RickOmbo Educated

RickOmbo
    Now I don't even know what brings more shame to a person, being a happy Star Citizen backer or being one of Subverse.

^ Top  
  12. ERYFKRAD Barbarian Patron

ERYFKRAD
    Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
    No shame in backing Subverse.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    ^ Top  
  13. thesheeep Arcane

thesheeep
    Indeed. That just means you have an interest in erotic works of art.

• Prestigious Prestigious x 1
    • Sweat gathers upon my brow, let me dab it Sweat gathers upon my brow, let me dab it x 1
    ^ Top  
  14. Jiggy Boobles Destiny Cleanser Patron

Jiggy Boobles
    Shadorwun: Hong Kong
    There are no players because there is no game.

Jeeeeezus. Are you also waiting for Bitcoins to hit $30000 or Trump to be impeached?

ANY DAY NOW!

Look at that retard at 27:30 in the video.

When can I have a pet volleyball in the game *soylaugh*

Dude.

That's like me asking when can I have a fuzzy dice in my Bugatti Veyron.

WHERE IS THE FUCKING GAME?

• Funny Funny x 6
    ^ Top  
  15. Burning Bridges Enviado de meu SM-G3502T usando Tapatalk

Burning Bridges
    Everything in this video is so fake :lol:

Fake developers talking meaningless shit about fake technology, fake interviewers asking fake questions, fake people pretending to be excited about a game that will never exist.
    It's cringeworthy like watching one of those scripted trash shows in TV.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Brofist Brofist x 1
    • FAKE NEWS FAKE NEWS x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    ^ Top  
  16. Alexander DeLarge Learned

Alexander DeLarge
    At this point y'all are just willfully ignorant and shitposting considering there's a free flight event where you can play the game for free every 3-4 months. I notice no one ever posts those dates or posts about trying it out. There are legitimate concerns about Star Citizen but "where's the fucking game" is not one of them.

• Brofist x 1
    • Funny x 1
    • Agree x 1
    • cool story bro x 1
    • Bro, do you even lift? x 1
    • retadred x 1
    • what? x 1
    ^ Top  
  17. Angthoron Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

Angthoron
    That's from the last one. Sadly, he didn't post his experiences even though we asked. I do recall someone posted about the free weekend prior to that. It's just that it's hard to get excited about a broken tech demo that hasn't got a bare minimum of gameplay loops to justify a download of a hundred or so gigs. Besides, most people haven't been upgrading their computers to keep up with SC-specific hardware demands, like industry-grade SSDs, newest GPUs and so on, so even if they'd download and try it, the legit concerns would be "This thing didn't even launch/this thing took 3 hours to load and then crashed/This thing has the worst FPS rates I've seen in a couple of decades"

Might be better off with people just shitposting.

^ Top  
  18. Alexander DeLarge Learned

Alexander DeLarge
    Star Citizen hasn't been a 100GB install/download in like two and a half years since the delta installer was implemented in late 2017.
    [​IMG]

Regarding hardware
    https://pcpartpicker.com/list/PyTdyX
    https://www.newegg.com/p/27N-003A-00010?Description=RX 580&cm_re=RX_580-_-9SIA4RE93K4231-_-Product
    $402 for a Ryzen quad core system, 16GB of high speed memory, a 480GB SSD and a graphics card that will run anything you throw at it 40-60FPS maxed out (Star Citizen included) for less than five dollars the difference of a Playstation 4 Pro and a hundred bucks less than the One X. Add another $50 by doubling the video memory in that 580 and it'll run everything at 1440p.
    Nothing about it is unreasonably demanding.

• gimme dem dolla bills x 1
    • Funny x 1
    • Informative x 1
    • Bro, do you even lift? x 1
    • honk honk! x 1
    ^ Top  
  19. Angthoron Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

Angthoron
    So you suggest people shell out $402 to try out a tech demo? Well okay, nothing unreasonable at all.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • rolleyes rolleyes x 1
    • Yes Yes x 1
    ^ Top  
  20. J_C One Bit Studio Patron Developer

J_C
    Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
    You missed out the graphics card on pcpartpicker, so the final price is 511 dollars.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    ^ Top  
  21. Alexander DeLarge Learned

Alexander DeLarge
    There's two links in my post. The 580 I linked is $109
    https://www.newegg.com/p/27N-003A-00010?Description=RX 580&cm_re=RX_580-_-9SIA4RE93K4231-_-Product
    Total: $402

I suggest having acceptable hardware for TYOOL 2019 before shitting on the game's optimization and system requirements because it doesn't run on your Pentium 3. As long as you've built a PC in the last five to seven years, it should meet the system requirements just fine.

There is absolutely nothing unreasonable in the suggestion that the audience for this game should already have an SSD either (and if you don't, get one, they're less than ten cents a gigabyte these days).

Last edited: May 29, 2019
    • Up Yours x 1
    • Agree x 1
    • cuck x 1
    • /facepalm/ x 1
    • retadred x 1
    ^ Top  
  22. J_C One Bit Studio Patron Developer

J_C
    Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    ^ Top  
  23. Jiggy Boobles Destiny Cleanser Patron

Jiggy Boobles
    Shadorwun: Hong Kong
    Oh there's a tech demo that only level 5 Thetans who donate a minimum of $1000 and submit to 3 auditing sessions can join, every few months?

Well yeah excuse me, that's definitely the same as an actual game. Totally. Pardon my ignorance.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • nice nice x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  24. Angthoron Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

Angthoron
    Lol. So I guess my PC that runs everything I want on Ultra needs an upgrade just because some amazing people took CryEngine 2.something and tried to squeeze a space sim into it and now are admitting they kinda can't do it with the current tech in their own videos. Yeah okay, whatever you say man. I guess they really optimize it well, but it's my Pentium 3.

I don't really know how to break it to you so I'll give you an example.

You see, I'm a huge fan of Transport Tycoon, and TTDX. I love them, and wish there were games that would play like them but would look modern. I usually buy a Yet Another TTDX Clone and end up disappointed.

Now imagine that Chris Sawyer would come back and pitch it on KS, end up with success, set up his fundraiser site and started selling trucks, planes etc in a game to keep the funding rolling. At the same time the whole thing would run like trash (though it would look like whatever the best looking driving sim it was in 2014), have a near-non-existent gameplay loop, and have crazy supporters coming to every forum and telling how everyone should try it out and upgrade their PCs because LOL R U A PC GAMURRRR OR NOT OLOLO 1440P GAMING FUCKING SCRUBS. It would also promise the most amazing tycoon game in the history of everything.

Now, I, as a huge fan of this dead niche genre, could possibly be a big dummy and buy into it.

However, everyone else that isn't? They'd probably call me a big dummy and have some laughs about Transport Tycoon Citizen Persistent Globe that is still about half a decade away from any kind of completion and how maybe picking Unity 1.3 wasn't the best idea for an MMO and nobody wanted an MMO to begin with.

Do you see what I am getting at here?

• Brofist Brofist x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
    ^ Top  
  25. Country_Gravy Arcane Patron

Country_Gravy
    Wasteland 2
    Winner, winner. Chicken dinner.

^ Top  

(buying stuff via the above buttons helps us pay the hosting bills, thanks!)