Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Bard's Tale The Bard's Tale IV: Barrows Deep - OUT NOW

Discussion in 'inXile Entertainment' started by Infinitron, Sep 18, 2018.

1. Ulrox Savant

Ulrox
    Parrots:
    Click here and disable ads!
    I wrote on the steam forums to figure out what was up, and the replies said something about not being able to go down certain paths after you'd crossed a line or something, so it appears it's not a bug, just potentially ruins my build, and I may want to start over, don't know, might be able to fix it, still don't know the rules behind what you can and cannot take. Hopefully I'll be able to find clarification on it soon.

I'm on the second tier of skills in the skill tree.

I thought you were an obsidian developer.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2018
    • Funny Funny x 1
    ^ Top  
  2. Nyast Learned

Nyast
    Parrots:
    It's progressive. You get mercenary tokens as rewards for some quests, or find them as treasures in some chests. Note that the amount of party members also gets unlocked progressively with the plot ( as some NPCs join your party ), so in general I'm finding that you always have enough tokens more or less matching the amount of room in your party.

So the short answer is: pretty much any time after 2-3 hours into the game, but to unlock all party members will take much, much longer ( whether you use NPCs or custom party members ): maybe 15-20 hours ?

• decline decline x 1
    • Thanks! Thanks! x 1
    ^ Top  
  3. belated Savant

belated
    Parrots:
    In case no one has answered yet, https://gamejolt.com/games/btwheel/368934 worked for me when I tried it yesterday

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  4. Curratum Learned

Curratum
    Parrots:
    I am trying really hard but can't understand why certain individuals here feel some strange urge to defend the game or the studio behind it.

• it is a mystery x 2
    • rolleyes x 1
    • Agree x 1
    • Makes you think... x 1
    • When words are not enough x 1
    • "It was Aliens" x 1
    • (autism) x 1
    ^ Top  
  5. fantadomat Dumbfuck! Dumbfuck Edgy

fantadomat
    Parrots:
    Fix it for you mate.

Also we finally know how humanity came to be ;). That ancient mystery finally solved,thanks Fargo.
    [​IMG]

• Participation Award Participation Award x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    ^ Top  
  6. Ulrox Savant

Ulrox
    Parrots:
    Thank you very much, you are a hero! :)

^ Top  
  7. BEvers I'm forever blowing

BEvers
    Parrots:
    That one's good, but this one is a lot better: https://jsfiddle.net/xk3obtcL/3/embedded/result/

(from https://forums.inxile-entertainment.com/viewtopic.php?f=57&t=19463 )

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  8. Mortmal Arcane

Mortmal
    Parrots:
    yes its odd, not only that, no skill respect and the puzzles...Either they are at putt putt level,most of them, but for one or two half the forum is asking for the solution.

^ Top  
  9. Shadenuat Arcane

Shadenuat
    Parrots:
    My guess people don't dislike just lack of respec, but the fact that the moment you click on any skill while having a skill point, it's done, you can never go back. There is no shit like picking and then un-picking or confirming your choice of skills on the skill screen.

• Brofist x 1
    • Funny x 1
    • Agree x 1
    • decline x 1
    • Sweat gathers upon my brow, let me dab it x 1
    ^ Top  
  10. theSavant Erudite

theSavant
    Parrots:
    Ah, now I understand. I thought we'd get the full amount of tokens 2-3 hours into the game, so we could build the whole custom party at once after the "starter dungeon". But if this is stretched out through the whole game... meh...
    The only thing calming me down, is that we don't need to level them up from Level 1, but they start in similar levels as the replaced ones and we can just apply all the skillpoints after our liking (or so I've read).

^ Top  
  11. fantadomat Dumbfuck! Dumbfuck Edgy

fantadomat
    Parrots:
    The map legend is really annoying is a way. They cluster it with all useless things like fay puzzles yet they don't put important things like savepoints and weapon shrines.:argh:

• Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  12. BEvers I'm forever blowing

BEvers
    Parrots:
    Cohh will be reading out WORLD EXCLUSIVE patch notes for today's patch on his stream in a sec:

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Excited! Excited! x 1
    ^ Top  
  13. Darth Roxor Prestigious Gentleman Wielder of the Huegpenis

Darth Roxor
    Parrots:
    ... this is just so dumb. You make a 'sequel' to an oldschool party-based RPG and you gate full party size/creation for 15-20 hours? Who the fuck thought that was a good idea?

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Brofist Brofist x 4
    • it is a mystery it is a mystery x 2
    • "It was Aliens" "It was Aliens" x 1
    ^ Top  
  14. ProphetSword Arcane

ProphetSword
    Parrots:
    I don’t understand how they thought the combat engine was a good idea. What the fuck is up with only having so many points to spend across your entire party? Has there ever been an RPG in history where every character doesn’t get to do something on their turn? The way this plays out, some characters can’t even act if you have a party bigger than the point pool available to you.

Can you imagine if D&D had evolved that way and all RPGs had followed that idea?

Cleric: I heal the rogue.
    DM: Oh, sorry, the fighter already used all the points for the party this turn.

I mean, come on guys, what is this shit?

• Agree x 5
    • Despair x 4
    • Brofist x 2
    • Funny x 2
    • Cheers!! x 1
    • Disagree x 1
    • Yes x 1
    • Informative x 1
    ^ Top  
  15. Themadcow Savant

Themadcow
    Parrots:
    The combat system is odd. Under no circumstances can it make sense that one character would have all the opportunity in combat, and another just sits there twiddling their thumbs (unless that player was fulfilling a specific passive role, maybe a tank). The whole front row/back row/columns and rows combat thing has been done in Blobbers before - Etrian Odyssey has a similar system I think. The difference being in Etrian that every member of the party is active in combat, and the synergies between classes and skills are absolutely vital.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    ^ Top  
  16. troupeg Literate

troupeg
    Parrots:
    1. The combat system is great. Fuck off for wanting the same old shit over and over again, get the fuck over it you fucking old nostalgia blind autistic retards.

2. The music is perfect and literally can't be any better than it is now.

Rate my post "Shit" and "Edgy" and "retardred" all you fucking want. It doesn't change how fucking retarded most of you are with how you hate ANY change that isn't like it was in the 90s.

• retadred x 10
    • Shit x 8
    • Participation Award x 2
    • butthurt x 2
    • hopw roewur ne x 1
    • nice x 1
    • Up Yours x 1
    • Funny x 1
    • decline x 1
    • cool story bro x 1
    • STOP! posting x 1
    • Salute x 1
    • Informative x 1
    • Racist x 1
    • "It was Aliens" x 1
    • cuck x 1
    • M'lady x 1
    • WTF am I reading x 1
    ^ Top  
  17. Themadcow Savant

Themadcow
    Parrots:
    80's.

:nocountryforshitposters:

• Prestigious x 2
    • Cheers!! x 1
    • Agree x 1
    • Salute x 1
    • Deus Vult x 1
    • Old x 1
    ^ Top  
  18. troupeg Literate

troupeg
    Parrots:
    Wizardry 1-4, Might and Magic 1 and 2, and every 80s video game non PnP RPGs are garbage, unplayable trash.

RPGs weren't good until the 90s. Don't fucking respond because it's true and I won't listen to any other garbage trash from 40 year old retards who refuse to admit their games were shit. Wizardry 4 is the worst game I've ever played and would rather play Dragon Age 2 than that garbage

• Shit x 7
    • Participation Award x 6
    • retadred x 3
    • butthurt x 2
    • Brofist x 1
    • nice x 1
    • Up Yours x 1
    • not sure if serious x 1
    • rolleyes x 1
    • Agree x 1
    • cool story bro x 1
    • Bro, do you even lift? x 1
    • Doggy x 1
    ^ Top  
  19. toro Arcane

toro
    Parrots:
    In my party Crux is the alpha damage dealer (and Levitate is unbalanced). The tank is just tanking by sitting there like a retard. I only use the bard for the basic shield and the rogue ... I did not use him in the last 20+ fights !?

Basically I'm steam-rolling the game with one practitioner, one fighter and one bard. My setup is nothing special but the AI is so retarded that I don't need anything else.

The difference between an easy fight and a hard fight is how many drinks are consumed by the bard.

Overall the game is just a combination of bad puzzles, shit combat, mediocre story, bad writing and voice acting, streamlined world design ... it's pointless to say that the fun factor is almost non-existent. This game is not salvageable as W2.

I uninstalled the game twice and then I've reinstalled cause I've put like 8 hours into it and if I give up now then I will never play it again. To be honest, this game is 100% refund material (however as a backer I cannot refund it).

Thank God Fargo was retarded enough to go with Fig and that's why I did not backed W3. That's one clusterfuck I'm happy to miss.

• Thanks! x 3
    • Agree x 2
    • Despair x 2
    • Disagree x 1
    • Informative x 1
    ^ Top  
  20. V_K Arcane

V_K
    Parrots:
    Happy to oblige.

• Agree Agree x 14
    • Yes Yes x 1
    • Salute Salute x 1
    • butthurt butthurt x 1
    ^ Top  
  21. Themadcow Savant

Themadcow
    Parrots:
    So you're saying that 90s RPG's were good? But...

Damn, that was easier than I thought.

• Agree Agree x 4
    ^ Top  
  22. Ulrox Savant

Ulrox
    Parrots:
    Considering many people are saying wasteland 2 directors cut was amazing, I feel like wasteland 3 is probably going to be pretty good.

• Fabulously Optimistic Fabulously Optimistic x 5
    ^ Top  
  23. Biggus Learned

Biggus
    Parrots:
    What about 62 year old retards?

• Old Old x 6
    • Salute Salute x 4
    • incline incline x 2
    • Prestigious Prestigious x 1
    ^ Top  
  24. troupeg Literate

troupeg
    Parrots:
    Huh? "New things are good, stop wanting the same stuff every single time" and "I like old stuff" are not the same shit. See? 40 year old retards will twist your argument to make you incorrect because they can't handle that their old shit gets old sometimes..

Old things are good. But new things are good, too.

• STOP! posting STOP! posting x 3
    • Participation Award Participation Award x 2
    ^ Top  
  25. Curratum Learned

Curratum
    Parrots:
    Did you spend 4 months lurking just so you could defend this heap of garbage, troupeg?

I mean, I can't fucking stand Wizardry and early MnMs but come on, BT4 is just stupid.

• Brofist Brofist x 3
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • hopw roewur ne hopw roewur ne x 1
    • STOP! posting STOP! posting x 1
    ^ Top  

(buying stuff via the above buttons helps us pay the hosting bills, thanks!)