Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

From Software The Dark Souls II Megathread™

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
I thought this was the Dark Souls thread as in the whole series lmao. Mods can move the last messages to the DS2 thread any time.

Shouldn't have gotten this transparent armor. It's objectively better than anything i have, but ruins muh theme completely. So fuck it, i'm not gonna use it.

Good early game light armor with decent looks - Wanderer set (Lost Bastille when entered via No Man's Wharf). Probably best one that you can eventually get, and also looks great - Llewellyn set.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Insolent armor is what i want but apparently you have to "farm" it which already pisses me off.

The higher tiers of soul memory are so spread out that SM can be considered completely irrelevant. Don't recall exact numbers but you'll probably end the game around level 150 to the low 200s, and mid 200s is the point where your soul memory is high enough that you can PvP with people with literally infinite soul memory. Even if you stick to level 200 you'll be matchable with people who have 5x as many souls as you.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Fuuuu, lost 10000 souls falling off a ledge trying to get back to my body. Character ruined, time to reroll lul (i kid i kid).

Seems like i also wasted a Pharro's Lockstone since all it did in the Warf was lit the whole place? Shit.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Wow, the boss of the Warf was shit too. That's three bosses in a row that were pretty crappy, only good one was the Pursuer.

BTW, i'm getting a strong vibe i'm supposed to go to the Bastille (lel). The bird took me there and now the boat took me there too. Not that there's anywhere else to go except for the three locations i found blocked by statues. Maybe i should visit one of those.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
I'm trying to fashion souls here and all the armors that fit the theme i'm going for have to be grinded. You are barking off the wrong tree here dude.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
So i'm making my way to the castle of blue (that is white) and, they recycled Ornstein? Really?

Hellkite Dragon was garbage too, so far the bosses in this game are the worst part.

sullynathan

Arcane
There's more bosses in souls 2 than every souls game and a lot of them are not good. The DLC bosses are pretty great though and some of the best in the series, so you'll have to wade through a sea of mediocrity to get there.

praetor

Arcane
So i'm making my way to the castle of blue (that is white) and, they recycled Ornstein? Really?

Hellkite Dragon was garbage too, so far the bosses in this game are the worst part.

well.. you need to get to the Gargoyles to get to the first decent boss in DS1, and after that it's... Quelaag and then... O&S. and after that you have 2-3 more decent fights, and the rest of the great ones are in the DLC. the rest are mediocre or garbage (though, to be fair, the presentation in DS1 is much better for about 95% of bosses than it is in DS2)

Wunderbar

Arcane
I'm not sure why they even bothered to recycle Ornstein (and other recycled bosses that you may encounter later).
There are 31 bosses in DaS2, devs could've just cut recycled bosses/demote mediocre bosses to miniboss tier, and would still ended up with quite a decent amount of good ones.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Somebody explain to me how this infusion shit works. It just reduces base damage to add another kind of damage, but, can i still upgrade the base damage afterwards? I have a mace that's +4 right now. If i infuse it now, make it lighting, then what? Do i keep upgrading normally with regular titanites?

Somebody explain to me how this infusion shit works. It just reduces base damage to add another kind of damage, but, can i still upgrade the base damage afterwards? I have a mace that's +4 right now. If i infuse it now, make it lighting, then what? Do i keep upgrading normally with regular titanites?

Infusions don't change how weapons upgrade. Infuse away. You can even change infusion type after.

80Maxwell08

Arcane
Wow, just bought Lighting Spear. Did they nerf the shit out of it or what.
Yes actually. It used to get a ton of casts since at a later point, you can buy them infinitely. My first run on vanilla I was running around with 60+ lightning spears, 30+ great lightning spears and however many sunlight spear casts. With the endgame chime it was absurd. Faith is still pretty good in DS2 though on account of how many dark enemies and bosses there are.
Also, infusing a weapon with elemental damage doesn't stop you from casting a damage buffing spell with it. A common tactic is to rush for dark infusion and use dark blade, since it multiplies the elemental damage the infusion adds.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom