Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Warhammer Total War: Warhammer 2

razvedchiki

Erudite
I did try the mod out,though i have also played call of warhammer where they have their own roster/faction.

tabacila

Augur
They really need to add some real factions in the south and not just some scaled down Empire, so I think the Souther Realms as a new faction is probable. They could even replace the current 'Empire' settlement in Lustria.
They could give them a Dogs of War feel by implementing a split recruitment system. Normal recruitment for some human units specific to them like pavise crossbowmen and pikes, then something like the Tomb Kings' faction cap for foreign mercenary units. Build an elven colony and get some archers, build a mining prospect and attract some dwarfs or some such.
Or just have events that allow you to recruit groups of mercenaries.

Has anyone here played the Skaven in multiplayer? Some of their highlights are insanely fun (Death runners, artillery, rat ogres, and Doomwheels), and can be pretty rewarding when you manage a victory, or a close game.

But it's a faction that requires a lot of thought and skill, and it's pretty easy to get ROFLstomped by any other faction

Maculo

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Pathfinder: Wrath
The load times scared me off of MP before I obtained an SD. I always thought Skaven were pigeonholed into artillery and/skirmishers due to low moral units.

I always found Bretonnia games fun to watch (primarily Turin on YouTube).

There's a few means through which the Skaven can move through out the map (warlock engineer with skitter leap and the aforementioned death runners), so you can get behind into the back line and/or gain an advantage. Skirmishers are okay... they can easily counter missile cavalry, but i haven't really found much use for them other than that, since they themselves can be countered by superior ranged units, or normal Calvary. Rat ogres are also pretty much mandatory being one of the few units in the Skaven roster with mass able to pin in monsters, otherwise they'll be able to run all over your pathetic rats.

I've always thought that good Calvary micro-management can win games against the Skaven alone, and bretonnia is pretty scary for that matter

artillery is pretty gr8, at least.

Maculo

Arcane
Patron
If the CA Twitter account is to be believed, no DLC reveal planned for this week. I had hoped CA would release something Skaven related on the 13th.

tabacila

Augur
I think they still have their last 3K stream this week. Hopefully next week we actually get some news.

etnv5ryydvl21.png

Question:
Why are you hoping for a Skaven update, when the Old World needs it so much more?

Maculo

Arcane
Patron
It is not that I am hoping for a Skaven update specifically. I was under the impression there is an upcoming Skaven/Lizardman DLC that also includes the Bretonnia update. I assume CA will drop all the details in one update/release.

Personally, I am more hungry for the Bretonnia update. Afterwards, I can content myself on being a broken record about Malus Edgeblade.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
Anyone got any pointers for the TKs? I'm playing Lahmia on Mortal Empires and shit's pretty hard, especially against Kroq-Gar. Everything feels to damn fragile.
e: Oooh they don't suffer from corruption/additional general tax. I see how it is.

Last edited:

Maculo

Arcane
Patron
Honestly, I felt clueless with TK, even when I won. It reminded me of Bretonnia, where I would throw cheap units in a meat grinder until I could afford higher tier units.

I remember Ushabti with bows and Necrosphinx bringing good value. The Necropolis Knights/Stalkers also seemed decent, but I did not use those much.

Lone Wolf

Arcane
Vatnik
Anyone got any pointers for the TKs?

You've got two things going for you: quantity (due to the number of armies deployable) and quality in your upper tier (constructs and TG).

Try not to fight K-G too early. Saurus make mince meat of any form of skeleton, really. You need your better troops on the field. Easier said than done, I know, but Lybaras is not the easiest of starts because of K-G and his Saurus stacks.

Why not have a crack at playing Settra, first? Easier to learn the TK ropes with him.

Maculo

Arcane
Patron
I forget how strong Saurus moral is, but can your front line survive long enough to obtain a surround?

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
Oh I completely crushed the army, its just the auto resolve being retarded. The free armies you can get really make a big difference in the beginning. The campaign has stabilized now too, Im mopping up the lizards down south easily enough, although I had to do a few tactical betrayals.
e: All my generals now have the Saurussmiter trait. :lol:

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Oh I completely crushed the army, its just the auto resolve being retarded. The free armies you can get really make a big difference in the beginning. The campaign has stabilized now too, Im mopping up the lizards down south easily enough, although I had to do a few tactical betrayals.
e: All my generals now have the Saurussmiter trait. :lol:
Funny, with the mod I am playing (Lucky's Overhaul), the auto resolve behaved in a completely opposite way.
I had a similar situation, though my opponent was a 10-unit army of Dark Elves - all of them great units, no cannon fodder. I wouldn't have stood a chance trying to do that manually, no matter my having 40 units - all were skeletons (they were on route to support my actual armies).

With the mod at least, skeletons basically crumble as soon as they meet the enemy (so much so that I wonder if it is a bug, even Skaven slaves last longer). But auto resolve? Sure, with only 5-6 units killed :lol:

Maculo

Arcane
Patron
I am surprised by the lack of news in March. It makes for a crammed April, although I have always suspected that a sizeable portion of WH players do not play the historical titles and vice-versa. If accurate, I suppose the overlap in news would not be that detrimental to sales.

tabacila

Augur
Well I don't really think they even have a choice about spacing releases anymore. 3K is massively delayed (initial release was supposed to be autumn 2018?) and is tying up most of their devs. The other teams are probably too undermanned to do anything ASAP, so I guess it's down to 'it's ready when it's ready'.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik

Lone Wolf

Arcane
Vatnik
The only part of 3K that could be causing this sort of delay is that the guanxi (the social relationships stuff) is fucked on some level. I can only imagine the AI wonkery going on. CA have spent two decades developing a barely functioning battle AI and a rudimentary strategic one. Now add hundreds of semi-independent agents to the mix and complex interactions between them and the factions involved...

I'm as optimistic as it gets with CA, and I'd still say to be cautious with this one.

What DLC? Wouldn't they want DLC to be released after 3K to not interfere with 3K infamy?

The widely anticipated Lizardmen/Skaven lord pack. It's confirmed as coming before 3K.

tabacila

Augur
Even the battle AI seems super retarded as well in 3K. The only records mode battle video they showed had AI milling about aimlessly and most of their streams have battles so short you don't actually see how the AI tries to react.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ypSHsEmqp1c

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom