Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Underrail: The Incline Awakens

Parabalus

Arcane
Saw this build on the Underrail forums and it looks very cool.

https://underrail.com/forums/index.php?topic=5449.0

Makes me tempted to replay the game but I've already gone through it so many times and I usually get bored right around Core City...

Gonna be hard to hit anything non-CCed with only 10 DEX.

Alphons

Cipher
Death stalkers and crawlers become a joke once you research the fragment from the natives' graveyard. Just spam it if you think some stealthy cunt waits for you around the corner.

Though it didn't replace my frag grenades as sound distractions.
Why can't we have some stones/bricks for it instead of having to lob a grenade like a retard?

Twiglard

Poland Stronk
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
Replaying now to start Expedition. Depot A is harder on Oddity/Hard than Classic/DOMINATING.

Okagron

Prophet
I can't seem to get the quest to meet Azif, even though i assume i did every optimal outcome. Or is
killing Modre
not considered optimal? Because i did discovered that he was Spectre before doing that.

Alphons

Cipher
I can't seem to get the quest to meet Azif, even though i assume i did every optimal outcome. Or is
killing Modre
not considered optimal? Because i did discovered that he was Spectre before doing that.

What have you exactly done?

Killing him doesn't change anything, so it must be other quests. (Or have you killed him before confronting him with all evidence at the end of quest?)

Hercules data should be broadcasted with JKK system, while the easiest way to save the guy from prison is faking evidence.

Last edited:

Okagron

Prophet

Killing him doesn't change anything, so it must be other quests.

Hercules data should be broadcasted with JKK system, while the easiest way to save the guy from prison is faking evidence.
I managed to convince the Foundry Chief that Todor was "innocent" by proving their evidence was inconclusive, discover that Lenox's brother was killed by a Spectre and that Mordre was a Specter, and exposed that merchant that was selling Hercules drug and managed to get posters everywhere saying that the drug was fake.

So i guess should have gone to the JKK instead of Gene to broadcast the last one?

Alphons

Cipher
So i guess should have gone to the JKK instead of Gene to broadcast the last one?

Yeah, that's it. Going to Gene is not considered optimal (as you get linked to the whole Hercules thing).

What you exactly need to do is to
use the JKK terminal in the passages between Lower City and the Docks. You can steal a key for it from generic JKK Technicians (they hang around JKK HQ). You need to hack it though.

hell bovine

Arcane

Yeah, that's it. Going to Gene is not considered optimal (as you get linked to the whole Hercules thing).

What you exactly need to do is to
use the JKK terminal in the passages between Lower City and the Docks. You can steal a key for it from generic JKK Technicians (they hang around JKK HQ). You need to hack it though.
That is false. Going to Gene works for the Oculus quests, I do it routinely since it's the quickest.

Last edited:

Okagron

Prophet
Then i don't know what i did wrong. Is Jack Quicksilver supposed to be at a specific spot to tell me to go to Azif? If so, i don't know where that place might be.

If i somehow fucked it up, i'm rather okay with it because i was going to do another playthrough after this one anyway. Still would like know where i fucked up to know how to do it correctly in the next playthrough.

hell bovine

Arcane
Then i don't know what i did wrong. Is Jack Quicksilver supposed to be at a specific spot to tell me to go to Azif? If so, i don't know where that place might be.
I've read somewhere that you have to be careful when talking to the guy selling Hercules: don't make fun of him, don't tell him why you're buying the drug.

Alphons

Cipher
That is false. Going to Gene works for the Oculus quests, I do it routinely since it's the quickest.

I could've sworn going to Gene didn't work for me last time.

Anyway, it's either Hercules or Todor, as Mordre quest seems to be in order

Okagron , how did you meet with Todor? Have you arranged a meeting through the warden or sneaked in? Have you explored prison at all? (some alarms can trigger after you leave).

Edit: Didn't read your last post. You haven't returned to Jack yet? He's in front of Hardcore Bar and should tell you to meet Azif as soon as you turn in all 3 assignments.

Okagron

Prophet
Okagron , how did you meet with Todor? Have you arranged a meeting through the warden or sneaked in? Have you explored prison at all? (some alarms can trigger after you leave).
Convinced Delma to allow me to interrogate him, he explained what happened, and i told him i would help him out. I didn't tinkered with the cameras, so that's it? If that's it, that's probably why.

Edit: Didn't read your last post. You haven't returned to Jack yet? He's in front of Hardcore Bar and should tell you to meet Azif as soon as you turn in all 3 assignments.
I actually did turn in the quests to Jack, but he didn't give me any quest after that. So i did fuck up somewhere. Oh well.

Alphons

Cipher
Convinced Delma to allow me to interrogate him, he explained what happened, and i told him i would help him out. I didn't tinkered with the cameras, so that's it? If that's it, that's probably why.

No, all good here. So both Todor and Mordre quests are good. It's something with Hercules.

ItsChon

Resident Zoomer
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Saw this build on the Underrail forums and it looks very cool.

https://underrail.com/forums/index.php?topic=5449.0

Makes me tempted to replay the game but I've already gone through it so many times and I usually get bored right around Core City...

Gonna be hard to hit anything non-CCed with only 10 DEX.
You're supposed to use premeditation elektrokinesis to initiate the stun before you flury. Also have tasers and flashbangs to initiate stuns as well.

ItsChon

Resident Zoomer
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

Killing him doesn't change anything, so it must be other quests.

I managed to convince the Foundry Chief that Todor was "innocent" by proving their evidence was inconclusive, discover that Lenox's brother was killed by a Spectre and that Mordre was a Specter, and exposed that merchant that was selling Hercules drug and managed to get posters everywhere saying that the drug was fake.

If you were cheeky with the merchant and/or insulted him, that locks you out too.

Metronome

Learned
Just got to the deep caverns again with my most recent guy. This part of the game is a real drag. I've already maxed out my level (classic exp turned out to be more rewarding than oddity, particularly once you reach the Tchortists) and now I have to grind up materials for drugs. After that doing that the end-game is so dull. I wish I could just skip to the final boss at this point.

Okagron

Prophet
If you were cheeky with the merchant and/or insulted him, that locks you out too.
Took a little while to remember but yup, i think i recall being cheeky with him. Had to pass a persuade check to convince him i was joking. If that's it, then yeah, i fucked up. At least now i know.

Nifft Batuff

Prophet
Why the rails in UnderRails feel wrong?

4Srke5k.png

EZKqKqW.png

Last edited:

toro

Arcane
Vatnik

If i somehow fucked it up, i'm rather okay with it because i was going to do another playthrough after this one anyway. Still would like know where i fucked up to know how to do it correctly in the next playthrough.

Core City at the bar. He will tell you about Azif only if you finish the 3 missions from Abram which is upstairs in the same bar.

Metronome

Learned
I just finished the quest where you look for the murderer in SGS. I figured it out, but what a load of crap.

I figured out it was Mordre. I couldn't convince the brother though, so I decided to talk to Mordre myself. I confronted him about the murder and he denied doing it, so I smashed him with my hammer. Despite being in an uncontrolled zone(!) with no one else around, everyone in SGS found out I killed him. There were no witnesses in the area so I was untouchable by the game rules. Even if we are following dumb "I witnessed my own murder" rules, I still killed him in one shot from behind. He wouldn't even have time to pull out a walkie talkie and scream "Hey! I'm being killed over here by Metronome!" This might not be a way to solve the quest, but there is no way they would know what happened to him.

Then later I figured out the "correct" way to solve the quest, but it was even more ridiculous. What I was missing (knowing which needle was used for the murder) doesn't seem necessary to convince the guy what happened. I didn't even have the needle on my person, so I don't know what difference conveying knowledge of it would make. I mean if you know the methods of these assassins and the guy believes that, why does he need to know which exact needle was used? Needle-like objects are all over the damn place. It's not like they are some controlled substance that only doctors could possibly have. Mordre could have saved one from his glory days for all I know. Does it really matter in this case?

Then to add insult to injury Mordre just dissappears after the quest as if he found out I accused him. Tanner and friends never mention it again. Maybe Tanner got on the old walkie talkie and called Mordre ahead of time to say "Hey, we're sending some guys to arrest you." or something. But that's stupid. Nobody would do that.

There is no way of being nice about it. This quest was just bad. Writing and all.
I liked the way it started but damn.

Last edited:

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
I just finished the quest where you look for the murderer in SGS. I figured it out, but what a load of crap.

I figured out it was Mordre. I couldn't convince the brother though, so I decided to talk to Mordre myself. I confronted him about the murder and he denied doing it, so I smashed him with my hammer. Despite being in an uncontrolled zone(!) with no one else around, everyone in SGS found out I killed him. There were no witnesses in the area so I was untouchable by the game rules. Even if we are following dumb "I witnessed my own murder" rules, I still killed him in one shot from behind. He wouldn't even have time to pull out a walkie talkie and scream "Hey! I'm being killed over here by Metronome!" This might not be a way to solve the quest, but there is no way they would know what happened to him.

Then later I figured out the "correct" way to solve the quest, but it was even more ridiculous. What I was missing (knowing which needle was used for the murder) doesn't seem necessary to convince the guy what happened. I didn't even have the needle on my person, so I don't know what difference conveying knowledge of it would make. I mean if you know the methods of these assassins and the guy believes that, why does he need to know which exact needle was used? Needle-like objects are all over the damn place. It's not like they are some controlled substance that only doctors could possibly have. Mordre could have saved one from his glory days for all I know. Does it really matter in this case?

Then to add insult to injury Mordre just dissappears after the quest as if he found out I accused him. Tanner and friends never mention it again. Maybe Tanner got on the old walkie talkie and called Mordre ahead of time to say "Hey, we're sending some guys to arrest you." or something. But that's stupid. Nobody would do that.

There is no way of being nice about it. This quest was just bad. Writing and all.
I liked the way it started but damn.

1) Go to victim room -> find out that he was part of an assassination team in Core City,
2) Go talk with his brother -> find information about their past,
3) Go to the morgue -> find that a needle is missing + Mordre real name
3) Go to Core City -> give some food to Jon The Beautiful -> he tells you to find someone "hardcore"
4) With enough Persuation you convince Oskar to give you information on Specters -> you find out about the way Specters killed + Mordre was part of the Specters
5) Go back to SGS -> tell Pasquale -> confirm murder MO and murderer
6) Tell brother, Tanner or confront Mordre

Instead what you did was:
1) Read on wiki that Mordre is the murdered -> killed Mordre from behind

You are correct, killing Mordre should not alert all SGS but, at the same time, you don't get my sympathy vote.

Last edited:

hell bovine

Arcane

I agree that there are a few instances in the game where the allied faction shouldn't know you've murdered their buddy. That said, regarding Tanner: he could and would warn Mordre (or dispose of him) if it benefitted him.

Black Angel

Arcane
I've been thinking about this for a while. Our character has a wristpad that's not listed as an actual item in the game, but has been mentioned several times like the instances where you use blueprints and download Evelyn's diary. Assuming *everyone* who's part of a faction has one, wouldn't it plausible that controlled zone works in a way that involve the wristpads? Like, a controlled and partially controlled zone indicates how close a member of the faction are to the headquarter where they tracks the whereabouts and condition of their members.

Still, the Mushroom Cove is a partially controlled zone, and assassination isn't possible against a member of the controlling faction such as Mordre.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom