Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

KickStarter Vigilantes: neo-noir, turn based tactical RPG

Discussion in 'General RPG Discussion' started by Timeslip, Aug 27, 2016.

1. ushas Savant

ushas
    Yeah, that's a good point. They work in OW as other guns. Damage increase is prob. there to compensate for the cone, right. So I gave one to a sniper's second hand just for ow purposes. Do grazed limbs work in ow?

All shotgun perks also require high Instinct, and Arcadi starts with +2 in there, looks all right.

• Informative Informative x 1
    ^ Top  
  2. Timeslip Timeslip Softworks Patron Developer

Timeslip
    Yeah, this is a hard one to solve on a technical level. Not impossible, but it doesn't really offer that much to the game in relation to time taken compared to other work that could be done. That said, I'd like to make another turn based game, so in terms of future benefit it would be more worthwhile.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  3. Dickie Arcane

Dickie
    One thing I found interesting that I'll have to take into account on my next playthrough is that once your main combat skill is maxed out, you'll pretty much stop leveling up. I can still gain levels from using medical, bypass, crafting, and surveillance, but attacking is the lion's share of XP. This isn't a bug or necessarily a worry, but it's something to keep in mind.

Also, it seems like there might be some kind of bug when you get to 139 in a skill. When I got firearms to 139 and almost a full bar, my next shots seemed to level it up 1-2 times each shot (or at least I was getting skill up notifications) until it was at 150, then it stopped going up. This took me from level 18 to level 19 very quickly, and I went from level 17 to 19 in one battle.

I do want to say that this is a fun game, though. I've beaten it on vigilante and got two bosses left to go on hard boiled. I plan to play through it at least once more on hero.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  4. Timeslip Timeslip Softworks Patron Developer

Timeslip
    I'll have a look at this one

^ Top  
  5. Infinitron I post news Patron

Infinitron
    Grab the Codex by the pussy Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    Tutorial videos:

• Thanks! Thanks! x 1
    • it is a mystery it is a mystery x 1
    ^ Top  
  6. Risewild Savant

Risewild
    Timeslip

I have a suggestion:

Would it be possible to make it so when the Shop reaches the maximum level, to replace the graphic bar that says "Shop Level: 19" with a "Shop Level: Max".

It could even be replaced with the Workshop graphic for Max Level and it would still look better than just "Shop Level: 19".

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Brofist Brofist x 6
    • Bro, do you even lift? Bro, do you even lift? x 1
    ^ Top  
  7. Timeslip Timeslip Softworks Patron Developer

Timeslip
    Yeah, that would make sense. I'm just working on bugs in this update, but I've copied this into a word document for later attention.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  8. Timeslip Timeslip Softworks Patron Developer

Timeslip
    It's a fair point, but keep in mind that you gain a lesser amount of skill from being in the presence of allies using their skills, so if you have focused on close combat, and your allies are using ranged (or vice versa) you'll make gains there.

• Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  9. Taka-Haradin puolipeikko Arcane

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko
    Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Bubbles In Memoria
    https://steamcommunity.com/app/545600/discussions/0/1729837292646372968/

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  10. ushas Savant

ushas
    Could be mistaken, but seems there is one interesting aspect of gang ambush across saves. So you target a district and maybe the fight didn't go well, load an autosave, hit the place again and... bam ambushed! We know where had you been before, save scummer!:oops:

^ Top  
  11. ushas Savant

ushas
    Re Controlled Breathing, seems this perk got cooldown removed. Can use it every turn and it also cancels penalty.

Got Arcadi as the first and Caia as the second on my play. Just quick tried a new game on two other difficulties, both Arcadi. Then moved the config directory, complete fresh start, him again. No statistically significant number of tries, but so far it's always Arcadi over here. It could be that he has just higher probability to pop up.

• WTF am I reading WTF am I reading x 1
    ^ Top  
  12. Risewild Savant

Risewild
    I am pretty sure zeitgeist is right and I was wrong. I also started a new game and Arcadi was the one that appeared right away without any newspaper articles or anything.

^ Top  
  13. Taka-Haradin puolipeikko Arcane

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko
    Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Bubbles In Memoria
    I still have cooldown on version that I play and game got patch yesterday.
    Besides why not just turn it into flat passive bonus if cooldown can be overridden?

^ Top  
  14. ushas Savant

ushas
    Great! Will check it out later on. Having non steam build. Edit: Yup, update helped, CB is back at cooldown for me in v1.01.
    Might be interesting to have another perk that flat out gives X skill points. You can put it into firearms for passive bonus.

Ok, thanks. Recalling things used to got backed on a game start, so you guys got me curious if Arcadi could be something like that. It's most probably given then.

If I may have a wish for one of the future updates, would like for replay if there could be also an option to opt for fully randomized order of allies.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  15. Timeslip Timeslip Softworks Patron Developer

Timeslip
    Arcadi is always first now. It wasn't really a big thing, but it made more sense from a story perspective, as his encounter is more a product of circumstance, whereas the others are actively going after the gangs. All builds are now updated as of last night.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    ^ Top  
  16. Taka-Haradin puolipeikko Arcane

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko
    https://steamcommunity.com/games/545600/announcements/detail/1683676666068136803

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    • Thanks! Thanks! x 1
    ^ Top  
  17. ushas Savant

ushas
    Have a nice break.

• Friendly Friendly x 4
    • Cheers!! Cheers!! x 1
    ^ Top  
  18. Alienman Arcane Patron

Alienman
    Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
    Have a kit-kat.

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Brofist Brofist x 1
    • nice nice x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    ^ Top  
  19. Iron Balls McGinty Literate

Iron Balls McGinty

You have earned a long lie in bed this sunday.

• Friendly Friendly x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
    ^ Top  
  20. RoBoBOBR Arbiter Patron

RoBoBOBR
    It took Sam's Angels 15 hours, but Reiker was finally rid of evil-doers. Left without their superiors low level gangbangers fled the city in droves. Citizens felt safe, and karate dojo signups soared due to four brave warriors showing everyone just how much you can achieve with fists and warrior's will.

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    • Salute Salute x 2
    ^ Top  
  21. Dickie Arcane

Dickie
    I finally managed to kill a lieutenant on Hero difficulty. I'm hoping that means that things will start looking up. It's hard when you can't go to the same location twice without getting ambushed by a lieutenant with over 100 HP and all his minions have around 60-80 HP.

It was July 11, and Sam was level 17. At least you level up faster, since it takes so many more attacks to bring down the bad guys and you need to use medkits more often.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  22. Taka-Haradin puolipeikko Arcane

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko
    Finished (mostly) non-lethal run on Hard Boiled.
    Ending ...is fitting.

I will go all Bronson on Hero difficulty, later.

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  23. ushas Savant

ushas
    Congrats you three above.
    Yeah, leveling in battling as soon as possible is probably most effective. A bit behind over here, work getting in the way and such. But already taken down the church boss (perhaps won't be bad to add a post battle dialogue or diary entry here?) and currently am tackling the rest of the lieutenants down.

Heh, my thoughts too.

How do you guys manage to keep friendly NPCs alive? Gonna replay Silvestra Venturi encounter with a construction worker, got decimated ten levels back. Am thinking to expose some of my guys and throw a smoke grenade on him...

Btw. looks all normal on the steam front. Captain Jean-Luc Picard himself recommends the game. One other reviewer claims it crushed his interest in Divinity OS 2. Timeslip got nominated for a Nobel price. And the overall rating is back to very positive. Nice.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2018
    • Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1
    ^ Top  
  24. Taka-Haradin puolipeikko Arcane

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko
    When I did Venturi it was with late game team. High bypass so I could "decapitate" boss quickly. Ray also had taunt & lucky lighter to draw hostile attention to him.
    Construction worker initially ran behind shack on lover left of the map if you use default camera view.

After early game its usually best to run & hide with temp allies. They really don't have equipment to be viable fighters.

^ Top  
  25. ushas Savant

ushas
    Thanks. Will try something like that. Yeah, usually run with them to hide too, but not always manage. They also seem to have lower APs/initiative.

^ Top  

(buying stuff via the above buttons helps us pay the hosting bills, thanks!)