Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Warframe

Discussion in 'General Gaming' started by AngryEddy, Apr 21, 2014.

1. Vaarna_Aarne Notorious Internet Vandal Patron

Vaarna_Aarne
    MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
    Gifts of the Lotus weren't really Alerts, since they were a scheduled event tied with Devstreams. Otherwise you got potatoes once in a blue moon from regular Alerts.

But yea, Nora Night needs to either talk less or get more material to cycle through.

^ Top  
  2. Sore Loser Learned

Sore Loser
    Yes, not massive but it is constant. In my case I have almost everything that I wanted so I just did sorties and daily syndicate rep grind (that would be unnecessary but I decided to flip flop from left side sindicates to right side and back, once I'll max it again I'll stop doing it), sometimes relic runs and rarely some other missions. For some other (newer) players this system can be good and engaging, for me it is mostly annoying, since I've stopped doing almost everything that is required for the tasks That was probably the thing that DE wanted: to make bored veteran players play regular missions again. Quality of rewards seems to be calculated perfectly: they are nothing mind breaking and they didn't took much effort to make, but at the same time they are good enough for players to want to have them. Anyway, maybe it is a bit early to judge this system. I plan to get at least rank 30 in this season and depending on their fixes and balancing I will decide if it will be worth it to bother with the next one.

• Agree Agree x 2
    ^ Top  
  3. Gerrard Arcane

Gerrard
    I've never heard someone so unfit to be a radio DJ.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Racist Racist x 1
    ^ Top  
  4. rusty_shackleford Arcane

rusty_shackleford
    3 gift of the lotus alerts are active

• Thanks! Thanks! x 1
    ^ Top  
  5. rusty_shackleford Arcane

rusty_shackleford
    ps4 users confirmed mentally handicapped
    [​IMG]

from a previous devstream

• nice nice x 1
    ^ Top  
  6. MadMaxHellfire Arcane

MadMaxHellfire
    finally i'm back, and notice i've been kicked out by my extraordinariy awesome clan even though i had deals with an officer to not to. oh well, no biggie, i friendlisted him to call him again and... i can't find him, and thanks to my normal conditions and to some new medicines, for the love of me i just can't even remember how the clan was called, let alone him (there were a thousand of people among clan and alliance...). in a fit of rage i deleted some people from friendlist and pending, because reasons, but what if i deleted him too? i shouldn't had to, they were people not logging for months, even years, but what if i did and can't remember?
    holy shit, i feel like the protagonist of memento. again.

tl;dr: mr 24 looking for active big clan with everything researched.

^ Top  
  7. Vaarna_Aarne Notorious Internet Vandal Patron

Vaarna_Aarne
    This basically sets Nightwave as all-around extra stuff, since these were really the only alerts you were doing 99% of the time and those they did keep around.

• Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  8. rusty_shackleford Arcane

rusty_shackleford
    There's a complete lack of things to do for older players, Nightwave is a nice addition compared to garbage like sanctuary onslaught.
    I'd like to see them promote the non-wave based combat more e.g., Index/Rathuum, those are quite fun but there's no real reason to do them sans farming endo or credits. Going against a handful of enemies with good AI and strong abilities is a big change of pace from mowing down waves of enemies.

^ Top  
  9. Gerrard Arcane

Gerrard
    In before "Complete 5 Lunaro matches"

• Funny Funny x 1
    ^ Top  
  10. DeepOcean Arcane

DeepOcean
    Nightwave screwed casual normie players as myself, I used to quickly do some alerts to get cosmetics, now I have to do a bunch of bs and annoying bs at that. People are saying they ignored most Alerts so they aren't affected, well that is true if you have most cosmetics already or don't give a shit about that, as that isn't my case, this added grinding wall isn't really fun. I find it funny how companies are claiming grinding walls as "new content" now.

^ Top  
  11. DeepOcean Arcane

DeepOcean
    Yeah, the sassy black woman is really shit. I dunno what they were trying to achieve with that shit "We have an universe of space ninjas fighting transhuman enemies but we will have a sassy black woman talk meaningless vague shit as if we were on the Earth's 80's."

^ Top  
  12. Lhynn Arcane

Lhynn
    [​IMG]

^ Top  
  13. MadMaxHellfire Arcane

MadMaxHellfire

^ Top  
  14. rusty_shackleford Arcane

rusty_shackleford
    so as a casual player… You preferred random alerts that could pop up at any time over consistent rewards that can be done at your leisure?
    what.

• it is a mystery it is a mystery x 1
    ^ Top  
  15. Gerrard Arcane

Gerrard
    I would take that guy over her in a heartbeat.

• Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  16. Vaarna_Aarne Notorious Internet Vandal Patron

Vaarna_Aarne
    Not to mention the helmets don't cost that many Creds.

^ Top  
  17. Arnust Learned

Arnust
    Yeah thankfully I already got everything I wanted basicalyly everything I wanted from the old alerts, except the helmets that are uglier than the base one and a single mod. That said most of the Elite Weeklies seem like kind of a ballache, but pretty worth it.

^ Top  
  18. Vaarna_Aarne Notorious Internet Vandal Patron

Vaarna_Aarne
    I'd say the only one of them that was a bit of an ache was the Bounty one, but that wasn't that much of an issue in the end (it's only 30-40 minutes or so compared to 20 or so for invasions). The only one I could see being trouble is the Kill 100 Eximus one, since that only counts kills that YOU personnally do, but that's only if you (as far as I'm concerned) play Warframe WRONG and pug.

• not sure if serious not sure if serious x 1
    ^ Top  
  19. rusty_shackleford Arcane

rusty_shackleford
    tbh I think the "Kill 100 eximus" one is more towards what they should be aiming for. It's something that can be done just by playing instead of purposely going and grinding specific missions.

• Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  20. Vaarna_Aarne Notorious Internet Vandal Patron

Vaarna_Aarne
    Yep, it's basically something that depends entirely on your personal killcount.

Although, if you get an Eximus Stronghold sortie, you should be able to easily cap it from 0 to 100 in 1-3 runs depending on type of mission.

^ Top  
  21. Gerrard Arcane

Gerrard
    Not in a week though.

• FAKE NEWS FAKE NEWS x 1
    ^ Top  
  22. Vaarna_Aarne Notorious Internet Vandal Patron

Vaarna_Aarne
    Cleared in two sessions. The second one was just a formality, since my kill count of Eximus from the launch day of Nightwave was 90.

• Agree Agree x 2
    ^ Top  
  23. Sore Loser Learned

Sore Loser
    I still haven't got 5th ayatan to slot, I thought it would be much faster, but I got mostly endo and mod drops from arbitrations. They already acknowledged that this task is a bit too much. I got around 80 eximus kills from 3 waves of ESO, which was another nightwave task. Kill 100 eximus will only be a problem for a very new players probably, because they don't have good mods, frames and weapons to kill enemies fast and some eximus units are very tanky compared to regular enemies.

^ Top  
  24. Tweed Learned

Tweed
    Well I've gotten a whopping two ranks done of this battle pass or whatever it is they want to call it. At MR26 I can't give enough of a fuck to force myself to do this crap. Especially things like bounties, which were always just shitty mini sorties with awful rewards.

^ Top  
  25. Lhynn Arcane

Lhynn
    i completed those easily with the ghoul event.

All in all you need 300k points and you get 430k if you do everything, not counting the constant nightwave capture event that gives 150. You really dont need to farm this, as long as you can get to 30k every week you can complete easily. And its more than doable.

• FAKE NEWS FAKE NEWS x 1
    ^ Top  

(buying stuff via the above buttons helps us pay the hosting bills, thanks!)