Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Warframe

Tweed

Professional Kobold
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
There's nothing in the ghoul event I need though, that's the rub. I went ahead and finished the semi scan, eximus, and daily thing and hit rank 3. I'd do the hydrolyst, but my regular hunting party isn't around and I ain't about to try that with pubbies.

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Only thing I have left is the eidolon one because I dislike doing eidolons.
The Eidolon might be the only possible "hard lock" for a lot of people, since not everyone has built real Amps for their twerps.

(Personally this indeed is mostly just an issue that fighting Eidolons is boring and the way it's gated with the dynamic clock is more than kind of inconvenient and annoying. At least giant enemy spider has the courtesy to be on the clock around the clock).

Codex Year of the Donut
My clan chat is getting a little woke
wt6UROy.png

Tweed

Professional Kobold
Patron
I for one am glad that we now have exciting weekly content.
:troll:

60 minutes of doing Kuva at least gets me something I can actually use. Doing 10 perfect captures was absolute fucking HELL. DE really hates Ivara players.

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
60 minutes is still a bit too much. Even 30 minutes makes me raise eyebrows when it comes to requirements, but it's at least somewhat within acceptable tolerances.

The thing with animal captures as far as I'm concerned is really that the wind and smell system for detection is unintuitive bullshit, and doesn't really account for the fact that unlike the animals you the player can't see through walls. In general it'd be handy if the animals showed up on the minimap or even better had targeting highlights (prominent) because we aren't doing that shit for fun.

Last edited:

Tweed

Professional Kobold
Patron
60 minutes is still a bit too much. Even 30 minutes makes me raise eyebrows when it comes to requirements, but it's at least somewhat within acceptable tolerances.

The thing with animal captures as far as I'm concerned is really that the wind and smell system for detection is unintuitive bullshit, and doesn't really account for the fact that unlike the animals you the player can't see through walls. In general it'd be handy if the animals showed up on the minimap or even better had targeting highlights (prominent) because we aren't doing that shit for fun.

It seems to be a total crapshoot, I just use Ivara and bolt towards where the animal is going to spawn and hope to God the game feels like giving me a perfect. I had a Stover charge at me like it was pissed off, popped it with a sleep arrow and still got a perfect capture and yet I had countless Kubrodons blissfully unaware of my presence complete with stealth scans from my Helios come up as good captures.

EDIT: I just turned the transmission volume off altogether, I may have to look at sassy black woman's lips but at least I don't have to hear her anymore.

Codex Year of the Donut

It seems to be a total crapshoot, I just use Ivara and bolt towards where the animal is going to spawn and hope to God the game feels like giving me a perfect. I had a Stover charge at me like it was pissed off, popped it with a sleep arrow and still got a perfect capture and yet I had countless Kubrodons blissfully unaware of my presence complete with stealth scans from my Helios come up as good captures.

EDIT: I just turned the transmission volume off altogether, I may have to look at sassy black woman's lips but at least I don't have to hear her anymore.
I only did it it a few times but I got a perfect as Ivara every time. Maybe it depends on how well you do the whistle-thing minigame?

Lhynn

Arcane
Some of the challenges for nightwave are shit. Like "get a friend", how do I even do that?
I just go with a couple clannies, good peps. Underaged most of them, which makes me feel old as shit. But fun guys, feels like browsing 4chan really.

Codex Year of the Donut
I need frens, feel free to add me:
IG: rusty_d_shackleford

I have a bunch of weapons I need to grind for MR if anyone wants to help each other out. I can play a nuke Volt that can easily clear ESO & can play an EV trin.

Codex Year of the Donut
people keep fucking finishing missions when the wolf spawns and just ignoring him, this is getting annoying
had him spawn at least 10 times now and killed him once

Tweed

Professional Kobold
Patron
people keep fucking finishing missions when the wolf spawns and just ignoring him, this is getting annoying
had him spawn at least 10 times now and killed him once

In all the time this stupid event has been active I haven't seen him once. Lots of his little cronies though.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom