Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Dragon Age 2 Announced

Black

Arcane
Annonchinil said:
Yeah but BGII was great because they only improved the engine, allowing for them to focus on other things
Like dialogue, story, characters and combat?

Rhalle

Magister
Place your bets on total game length of DA 2, before the Cash Shoppe and the EA DLC shitstorm that will come with it.

I bet they've whittled game time for a single playthrough down into the teens of hours, and plan to poop out poopy DLCs, which is why this game is finished so fast.

Bah

Arcane
Despite the lack of C&C, I actually enjoyed Dragon Age a lot more than I thought I would (enough that I played it through twice with different races/classes). My biggest gripe about Dragon Age was that, even on nightmare difficulty, combat is just a joke. The classes/spells/enemies were not balanced at all.

Arcanoix

Scholar
Action and Fantasy Collide in BioWare’s Dragon Age 2...
With Dragon Age 2, the world’s preeminent RPG developer is revolutionizing the genre again, infusing the universe with more action, a new, more responsive combat system

The problem wasn't the combat system. The problem was the amount of health/mana potions that made combat way too easy. They're going to consolize the combat.

Mark my words - the PC version combat interface will be the SAME kind of interface as the console version of DA2, which will be strikingly similar to the interface from DA:O's console version.

Zeus

Cipher
Embark upon an all-new adventure that takes place across an entire decade and shapes itself around every decision you make.

Wow, cool. Okay, I decide to play a dwarf --

error-error.jpg

Shannow

Waster of Time
PorkaMorka said:
Shame on you guys for your lack of butthurt. Even the consolefags over at SA are butthurt about this.
Can't speak for the others, but for me *butthurt* comes from expectations.
I expect RPGs to be RPGs thus I was butthurt about Oblivion.
I expect FO to be FO thus I was butthurt about Beth's treatment of FO3.
I expect games to be finished and bugfree thus I'm butthurt about nearly every game but especially Obsidian.
I expect devs that managed to release games I liked to again release games I like thus I was butthurt about BIO and Beth.
I expect reasonable hassleless camera control thus I'm butthurt about Obsidian.
Etc.

But from Bio I don't expect anything anymore thus no butthurt.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
2ewmtn7.png

He's probably been giggling to himself all this time, waiting for the announcement. I love Mistah Gaider.

Micmu

Magister
He's a hack and can stick his shit cinematic action "RPG" up his fat console ass.

Stage 5: you avoid shit game you don't like, K THX BYE

Achilles

Arcane
Ah, imminent "good for what it is" material then. Good to know. Well, I suppose all you guys who thought that ME2 was better than Dragon Age should be pretty happy.

Lesifoere

Liturgist
He forgot "step 6: torrent the game, seed it for a few months, and lol," but I believe he's touchy about piracy.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
It's funny how I no longer give a fuck about Bioware. Like, at least before I had this tiny spark of curiosity before DA:O was released, but now... I just can't muster myself to give a damn.

Rhalle said:
Place your bets on total game length of DA 2, before the Cash Shoppe and the EA DLC shitstorm that will come with it.

I bet they've whittled game time for a single playthrough down into the teens of hours, and plan to poop out poopy DLCs, which is why this game is finished so fast.

Removing the majority of filler trash mobs from the game would by one of the best improvements they could make. I can tolerate a lot of faults with a game, but not the amount of banal shit boring combat DA had.

Castanova

Prophet
Roguey said:
2ewmtn7.png

He's probably been giggling to himself all this time, waiting for the announcement. I love Mistah Gaider.

I can't decide which is worse: that Gaider actually believes he's participating in making good games or that he's not doing this just for the money (since he'd be hopeless in finding any actual writing work).

Reality check for any entertainment medium: is your primary audience teenage boys/girls? Yes/no. Gaming journalists count as teenage.

FeelTheRads

Arcane
Oh, that Gaider guy, he's like so tough with that dead raccoon on his head.

I can't imagine why he would even mention the codex on a public forum. He's just asking people to come here and investigate. Some, maybe many or maybe a few, will obviously read our statements about how DA is bad and X rpg is better, then they will play X rpg and agree. DA will receive less sales. Bioware loses. A testament to the immaturity of modern game development.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom