Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Dragon Age 2 Announced

Hamster

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014
That just sucks. Instead of improving what they got, Bio goes even further along "let's totally force somethig from our previous hit into our new game even if it makes no sense" road. Damn it, preset badass commander character worked well in ME because Sci-Fi genre called for it. It's not how things are done in fantasy crpg genre, people love creating hawt elven chicks as their chars, ffs.

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
Wow, I had forgotten that Gaider was such a dick.

Also, if you can't spell French properly, don't use French expressions. Moaran.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
"Yeah, it seems like a really strange decision. Basically with this new direction they will lose a huge chunk of the DA:O audience. Will the ME2 fans/consoletards make up for it?"

"Not really. Check the DA2 forums - 80% of the people are disappointed. Check the DA:O forums - LOTS of bitching about Bioware shitting out crappy DLCs and neglecting the goddamn 1.04 patch"

Idiot. Every fuckin' so called 'unpopular' announcement by BIO is followed by some shit storm and people saying 'BIo doesn't care about their fans' or 'the fans will not buy x game' yet they always fuckin' do.

Bottonm line is Bio knows what theya re doing. People whined about DA's amrketing scheme, and we all know that turned out. FFS

Also, I find it HIALRIOUS the Coex of all palces is bitching about others being 'bitches' or 'jerk's. LMFAO

Good on Gaider. the nmore crying by the Butthurt is fuckin' hilarious.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
"Honest answer, please."

STFU I don't lie about my opinions about games and the fact you would besmirch me in such a way as to imply that I would makes it impossible to give you any answer because you do not deserve one. Period.

:x

racofer

Thread Incliner
[img:3phltm41]http://www.tacticularcancer.com/system/templates/classic/images/volly.gif[/img] said:
2hoe8vq.gif

Hamster

Arcane
Patron
No, i still don't get it. Everybody, even the most popamoliest of consoletards, love choosing character's race in fantasy games. What was the need to cut that feature?

hoochimama

Liturgist
The three races could share the same voice the way voices were done in DA, especially with the same character background, I really doubt that's it.

Yes, the constant baaaawing about silent protagonist probably led them to "solve" the problem by having some no-name voicing a set character (but rest assured your fatherly figure who will die 10 minutes into the game will be voiced by a hollywood celebrity)

Hamster

Arcane
Patron
Some Moron On Welfare said:
Voice acting.

I am really not sure that people who value voiced PC outnumber those who prefer the ability to choose character's race. I can understand preset PC in ME's sci-fi setting where being an alien makes no sense and human character variations can be viewed as a feature for hardcore gamers, but in a fantasy setting where you can be hot elven chick or grumpy dwarf? Fuck no.

Hamster

Arcane
Patron
Clockwork Knight said:
Yes, the constant baaaawing about silent protagonist probably led them to "solve" the problem
The question is, are they in Bio sure that all those people baawing about silent protagonist understood what the price of such feature will be and if they would still want it if they knew?

Annonchinil

Scholar
Black said:
Annonchinil said:
Yeah but BGII was great because they only improved the engine, allowing for them to focus on other things
Like dialogue, story, characters and combat?

In comparison to BGI, yeah.

Actually I think the idea of a gaming spanning 10 years is cool. Not sure about the possibly new art direction but it can't be worse than the original.

Drakron

Arcane
Excuse me but ... Oblivion and Fallout 3 do not have voice acting for the player character and sold a lot more that Mass Effect.

Clearly the issue is not voice acting, Dragon Age even got the attention of traditional Bethsoft mod sites.

I guess Bioware is going down Origin path ...

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
who cares you'll all cum over the game when it's out anyway
of3fki.jpg

Antihero

Liturgist
Naysayers rejoice! According to rumour (not just speculation unless it's a troll), early copies of the upcoming Game Informer issue tell us that Dragon Age 2 will be getting an enhanced Mass Effect dialogue wheel. And people were afraid it'd be getting dumbed down.

Quote:
"An icon in the middle of the wheel even illustrates the line's basic
intent (like aggressive or sarcastice[sic]), so you can focus more on the
interaction rather than reading and analyzing your dialogue choices."

Sounds good to me. I always felt I spent far too much time reading my responses when I could have been staring at Morrigan's cleavage instead.

Now I hope they don't forget to colour-code my good and evil responses, since it'll be confusing enough without a morality system in place to guide me. Maybe use grey for the really morally ambiguous ones.

Wirdschowerdn

Ph.D. in World Saving
Patron
I like what I have heard so far. DA:O was by design a game from the 90s, so I'm glad they finally bring DA2 into the 21th century. I also prefer the conversation wheel over the chore that was DA's dialog vending machine.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom