Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Age of Decadence Released on Steam Early Access

latexmonkeys

Augur
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
And another example of the game switching your weapons- if you betray the guild as assassin, shoot Dias and then go to kill your bros, you'll find yourself holding a yatagan and nothing in your other hand.
Stop doing that you cunt of a game.
Same thing if you don't betray the guild.
True. It is slightly annoying when as a merc after you defeat the first assassin even if you switch your offhand from a shield to the net, it defaults back to shield in the protecting Verdanis fight. This of course forces you to waste precious ap to switch offhand items yet again (if you want to start off throwing nets).

Probably not as bad as your example and saving Verdanis is still very doable, but still annoying. :P

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
Putting points in guns and perception (you needed both for ranged combat) didn't help in Bloodlines and you have visual proof, eh? You're an idiot.
http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/inde...-truth-with-rpgnuke.87355/page-3#post-2930325
OK. You're obviously incapable of getting the point, probably because regurgitating all that Sawyer drivel all the time made you dizzy.
The amount of skillpoints invested in firearms/perception DOES directly correlate with your efficiency in using firearms in Bloodlines. Certain firearms require a certain level of skill to be used in any decent manner at all. Having ranged combat maxed enables you for instance, to use a sniper rifle that will oneshot most mooks. Try to use that thing with ranged 6 or 7, it's practically impossible. Same with the Steyr Aug, you can kill the Kuejin boss by just unloading a few Steyr Aug mags with sufficient ranged skill.

(kinda like "useless" firearms in Bloodlines if you put only 2-3 points in it)
It's great that you went boldly ahead posting that image to "prove" something, whatever it was, but that sentence here doesn't mean "the spread of the first two weapons in Santa Monica becomes smaller if I put more points in firearms". It also doesn't mean that each and every firearm will absolutely rock if you have only enough points in the skill. Instead, it refers to what I just explained above (raising skill->being able to use better firearms efficiently->kick ass with firerarms) and is an absolutely true statement. And before you ask, the above sentence also doesn't mean "Bloodlines had the best implementation of firearms ever and could in no way, shape or form ever be improved by, for example, also tying the spread of the weapon to the skill level".
I hope I could help you comprehend the obvious. Besides,

Doing more damage doesn't help much when you can't hit the broad side of a barn with any of the guns available in the first two hubs.
Judging by your picture you seem to have a pretty weird view on what "not being able to hit the broad side of a barn" is. What do you want? Each bullet needs to hit the exact same spot like in real life, eh?

FeelTheRads

Arcane
But whatever, we all know how this ends. Most people have their opinions pretty stuck in their ass by now, in no particular way am I expecting to sway someone to my cause; rather to see if I can stumble upon someone who thinks and judges in a way similar to my own.

:what:
And what happens when you do? Are you in search of your soulmate?

Moron. Read Lovecraft.

You know that typing without the ability to read is possible, right? Like those monkeys typing Shakespeare. I think that's what we have with 1ek here.
Or else the worst example of pseudo-intellectual on the Codex.

Elhoim

Iron Tower Studio
Developer
I saw post by Elhoim yesterday saying they will make some sort of training practice ... tutorial in which the players will be able to learn about combat and get some experience in it.
To me it seems like a lot of work that could be better spent elsewhere but... its not up to me.

Took me about an hour, it's just a small area with 3 consecutive fights. You can take any weapon from the chest and try to survive. It's just some quick fights to train, instead of having to go over and over dialogue to get to the vignette fights. It's not exactly quality content, but gives you a chance to quickly try different tactics.

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
PS. For the record, there are no demons in the game, from "Thor-Agoth" or anywhere else.

Great job spoiling your own game there. Now do a marketing campaign around the slogan "The only RPG with no demons, vampires, zombies, mutants, or aliens in it," and watch the cash roll in.

Took me about an hour, it's just a small area with 3 consecutive fights. You can take any weapon from the chest and try to survive. It's just some quick fights to train, instead of having to go over and over dialogue to get to the vignette fights. It's not exactly quality content, but gives you a chance to quickly try different tactics.

Make sure you get an achievement for it, otherwise people will just skip it.

Elhoim

Iron Tower Studio
Developer
And another example of the game switching your weapons- if you betray the guild as assassin, shoot Dias and then go to kill your bros, you'll find yourself holding a yatagan and nothing in your other hand.
Stop doing that you cunt of a game.
Same thing if you don't betray the guild.
True. It is slightly annoying when as a merc after you defeat the first assassin even if you switch your offhand from a shield to the net, it defaults back to shield in the protecting Verdanis fight. This of course forces you to waste precious ap to switch offhand items yet again (if you want to start off throwing nets).

Probably not as bad as your example and saving Verdanis is still very doable, but still annoying. :P

Sorry about that, will try to fix all the instances of these situations.

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
When will the game recoup its investment? At 1300~1400 copies sold?

hiver

I saw post by Elhoim yesterday saying they will make some sort of training practice ... tutorial in which the players will be able to learn about combat and get some experience in it.
To me it seems like a lot of work that could be better spent elsewhere but... its not up to me.

To be fair, this sounds better to me then changing anything in the game itself. I would also suggest making the help opening automatically whenever someone starts this training module. Hit them in the face with it.

So, how many copies sold so far?

Guise, guise!! WE are rich! :yeah:Hookers and blow in GD for all of the codecx!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Putting points in guns and perception (you needed both for ranged combat) didn't help in Bloodlines and you have visual proof, eh? You're an idiot.
http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/inde...-truth-with-rpgnuke.87355/page-3#post-2930325
OK. You're obviously incapable of getting the point, probably because regurgitating all that Sawyer drivel all the time made you dizzy.
The amount of skillpoints invested in firearms/perception DOES directly correlate with your efficiency in using firearms in Bloodlines. Certain firearms require a certain level of skill to be used in any decent manner at all. Having ranged combat maxed enables you for instance, to use a sniper rifle that will oneshot most mooks. Try to use that thing with ranged 6 or 7, it's practically impossible. Same with the Steyr Aug, you can kill the Kuejin boss by just unloading a few Steyr Aug mags with sufficient ranged skill.

(kinda like "useless" firearms in Bloodlines if you put only 2-3 points in it)
It's great that you went boldly ahead posting that image to "prove" something, whatever it was, but that sentence here doesn't mean "the spread of the first two weapons in Santa Monica becomes smaller if I put more points in firearms". It also doesn't mean that each and every firearm will absolutely rock if you have only enough points in the skill. Instead, it refers to what I just explained above (raising skill->being able to use better firearms efficiently->kick ass with firerarms) and is an absolutely true statement. And before you ask, the above sentence also doesn't mean "Bloodlines had the best implementation of firearms ever and could in no way, shape or form ever be improved by, for example, also tying the spread of the weapon to the skill level".
I hope I could help you comprehend the obvious. Besides,

Doing more damage doesn't help much when you can't hit the broad side of a barn with any of the guns available in the first two hubs.
Judging by your picture you seem to have a pretty weird view on what "not being able to hit the broad side of a barn" is. What do you want? Each bullet needs to hit the exact same spot like in real life, eh?

Not to mention a little side-point that most people miss (for good reason - the gun is obsolete for other reasons by then, particularly if you're investing in firearms/perception). The 1st gun that Roguey thinks can't hit the side of a barn (plenty have guns in 2nd hub have good accuracy with high firearms, so I can only assume she means the initial pistol), actually has really superb ranged accuracy (equal best long-range accuracy out of all the pistols) once your firearm skill is high enough for that to be useful.

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
Sadly, you need to invest points into the skill to discover that, which is some kinda archaic, obsolete, and counter-intuitive mechanic that prevents people from having fun, which is what games are obviously about.

FeelTheRads

Arcane
so I can only assume she means the initial pistol

If you can't use the first gun until the end of the game it means the game is punishing you. If it was Sawyer designing it, you could upgrade the pistol to shoot nukular missiles. Or you could pistol-whip really hard, because it's actually a very strong weapon that just happens to look like a pistol.

Where the fuck can I get healed in Maadoraan or whatever it's called. It's annoying is hell to try and explore the place when you get there with 1 HP and then have to walk around till an encounter, end the encounter, reload and then try and go around the encounter zone.

Lhynn

Arcane
Vault Dweller i was wondering if theres a thread about dead state and how its coming along, really, really, really, interested in that title.

Lhynn

Arcane
Yeah been browsing the forum for a long time, lurking mostly. But its not enough, as that game hits a lot of the right notes for me and im looking forward to it the most, probably more than any other kickstarter.
Is brian Elhoim ?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom