Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

For people who think there is no Crusader Kings 2 in this game, if as a baron you talk to

beautiful and magnificent (you may bow) mite queen Bdah, she proposes a dynastic marriage to you

Bdah is best waifu. Change my mind

Not that she has much competition... You know, between the bowlcut little blonde boy, a mentally retarded cavewoman with no tits, that other weirdo and finally... A corpse.
Also, zero hot female human avatar portraits lol, what gives, Russia?

I like how valerie is supposed to be this super defensive combat fighter when she actually looks like a fucking twig. Like how is this little girl supposed to carry any armor or a big ass shield? Fucking Instagram thots look more muscular.

dragonul09

Arcane
Edgy
They introduced another ''gamebreaking'' bug with the 1.4 update, I can't level up my casters, the spell list is blank and so are the feats, oh joy:argh:

Vatnik Wumao
Well, since I've lurked enough on Deadfire threads, decided to finally join up while Kingmaker is fresh.

Really enjoying it thus far, although I've been mostly experimenting with different builds instead of progressing too far into the story.

That being said, how would you lads recommend going about the main quest(s)? Rushing them and then focusing on side content until the next set timer kicks in?

Luckmann

Arcane
Zionist Agent
Let it henceforth be known that [B]Sordid MCA/Prosper Hybryd[/B] is cool beans.

ml2s8yp.png

AJgr0r8.png

:positive:

I will give a GOG key for Pathfinder: Kingmaker to the first person to write "Josh Sawyer is an idiot who might as well be retired" in this thread.
But that's you.
Too late. No takebacksies. :incline:

Sarissofoi

Arbiter
Josh Sawyer is an idiot who might as well be retired.

I think you mean retarded.

Also.
Patch 1.03.
Arrived at Oleg post, didn't level up beat bandits and then go sleep. Then go to the guy who let you hire custom mercs and even that he demand 500gp its much more cheaper. I only pay around 450gp for 4.
Sadly if you don't level up they all start with 0xp and level one so they are behind your character but hey. Almost free custom army.
Now cant stop making different builds. I just want to play.

Also, I found a tool to respec all of your characters stats and levels. You can even change the portrait and voice. You keep the exp (I lost gold on only the first try, so use at your own risk), including respeccing all companions. However, you can't change their initial class. https://pathfinder.deev.io/
In case you miss it, this part is important:

Do NOT close or refresh the page while using the tool.
We need to store the info from the first save in memory so that some stuff can be passed to the second one.
Store all your items (including those you have equipped) somewhere. Y̶o̶u̶ ̶c̶a̶n̶ ̶u̶s̶e̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶s̶t̶o̶r̶a̶g̶e̶ ̶i̶n̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶C̶a̶p̶i̶t̶a̶l̶, Oleg's second story chest, or even the floor, if you're a masochist.

If you do not do this, you WILL lose all your items and finally, DO NOT put items in the kingdom stash!

Supermedo

Augur
The dipshits didn't fix the gamebreaking bug,off with their heads!!!
Which one? Whine on Steam if you didn't, I want to play my act IV.
The one that stops you entering the portal in the elk temple! From what i noticed you can't progress without finishing the quest,also it looks like pretty interesting quest. All those fixes are pretty useless to me....except returning of the barbarian snowflake. But that one i could live with.

The game still have a bunch of inaccessible maps,that you can't walk because it doesn't detect you or something.
Yup I have the same issue, I probably gonna quit the game until it patch out and replay Original Sin 2 or POE II, it seems all crpg release broken, shit I havn't touched Kingdom Come since it launched.

Mexi

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
Are the character portraits not removable from the game like they were in PoE? Sucks because I always change the portrait's looks through GIMP if there is something I don't like. Anyway to extract portraits from the game's files? Very lame that they did that.

Luckmann

Arcane
Zionist Agent
Are the character portraits not removable from the game like they were in PoE? Sucks because I always change the portrait's looks through GIMP if there is something I don't like. Anyway to extract portraits from the game's files? Very lame that they did that.
Yeah, I've tried to find them, but I can't find them anywhere. It's pretty annoying, honestly, because I did the same as you in PoE, and I've done it to many other games in the past.

I don't see the point, either. Why not have a portraits folder? I mean yeah, sure, I'm sure they care all about their proprietary rights and shit, but at the end of the day they'll all get datamined and put on wikis everywhere anyway, and no sane developer I know of has ever cared.

Shaewaroz

Arcane
Patron
In a hobo shack due to betting on neanderthal
I'm very into cock and ball torture
I got curious enough to give this game a shot. I just defeated to Spider Spawns and got through the bandit camp. Here are my first impressions:

+/- Combat system seems intuitive enough. I hate the AI though and will probably disable it permanently. I'm also experimenting with different auto pause options that might make the game more enjoyable.
+/- I play on custom difficulty, a little bit harder than Normal. So far battles have been easy, but the spider swarms were really tough on level 2. I had to reload twice. Fortunately my druid had Flame Belly spell that fried the naughty buggers pretty efficiently. I also encountered a Troll that seemed practically impossible to defeat, so I decided I'd come back once my party gained more exp.

+ The story starts off on a very interesting note. I hope the city management will also complement the story well.
+ I just reached level 3 and got access to level 2 spells. Druids get some really interesting spells that affect terrain as well as cause status changes and deal damage. The might offer some really interesting tactical approaches to combat.
+ The game has a wonderful atmosphere. Music fits the locales and characters really well. I also prefer the graphics style over Pillars.
+ I like how the camera is much closer to the party than in most modern isometric RPGs. Now I can actually see what equipment my party members are wearing and how their movements are animated.
+ Itemization seems to be closer to IE games than Pillars. Thank the gods.
+ I like how Alignment plays a large part in dialogue options. Hopefully there are also consequences for acting out of one's alignment, and not just for paladins and priests.
+ The game seems to be very open-ended.

- I'd prefer to see attack roll and other skill roll values without having to put the cursor over the action in question.
- Combat AI. Hate it with a passion. Fortunately it can be disabled, as most annoying features in this game.
- Area maps seem very small in comparison to IE games. Not a lot of room for exploration. The world map seems interesting though.
- Especially NPC writing is not as strong as I would have hoped. Both Valerie and Amiri are stereotypical stronk females who don't let chauvinist male-pigs tell them what to do. I hope I can replace them with more interesting NPCs later on.

My overall impression has been positive so far. I haven't enjoyed an RPG this much since Underrail and Dex.

Last edited:

hexer

They introduced another ''gamebreaking'' bug with the 1.4 update, I can't level up my casters, the spell list is blank and so are the feats, oh joy:argh:

https://steamcommunity.com/games/Pathfinder_Kingmaker/announcements/detail/2940179248248985616

Dear Pathfinders,
Unfortunately, there is a problem with the Windows version of the hotfix we’ve just uploaded. While the Mac and Linux versions function properly, the Windows build doesn’t have 80% of the fixes we’ve implemented since Monday. For those who want to know the details, the main issue is that at character generation and level-up UI, the list of spells have become invisible. The list is still there, you can still use them and click on them, but you cannot really see them except for the tooltips.
This happened due to a bug in our infrastructure, and, while we’ve already tracked it down and dealt with it, it will take several hours until the issue is completely resolved. As we speak, the servers at our studio are compiling the correct version of the hotfix for Windows. Once again, this issue should not concern our Mac and Linux users – as far as we know, all is fine in their versions of the hotfix. We are very sorry for the inconvenience, and we’re doing our best to get it right this time.

Luckmann

Arcane
Zionist Agent

https://steamcommunity.com/games/Pathfinder_Kingmaker/announcements/detail/2940179248248985616

Dear Pathfinders,
Unfortunately, there is a problem with the Windows version of the hotfix we’ve just uploaded. While the Mac and Linux versions function properly, the Windows build doesn’t have 80% of the fixes we’ve implemented since Monday. For those who want to know the details, the main issue is that at character generation and level-up UI, the list of spells have become invisible. The list is still there, you can still use them and click on them, but you cannot really see them except for the tooltips.
This happened due to a bug in our infrastructure, and, while we’ve already tracked it down and dealt with it, it will take several hours until the issue is completely resolved. As we speak, the servers at our studio are compiling the correct version of the hotfix for Windows. Once again, this issue should not concern our Mac and Linux users – as far as we know, all is fine in their versions of the hotfix. We are very sorry for the inconvenience, and we’re doing our best to get it right this time.
Hahaha, I love how I'm reading this as the update is literally ongoing in the background, thanks to my newfound and legitimate copy of the game. :lol:

:negative:

Mech

Cipher
make sure to ACTUALLY report it to the devs with your save file
When i see that lazy retardation my blood boils. This is the same shit that swede cucks of paradox are pulling every fucking time. Something extremely obvious and easy to detect by playing the fucking game,and they have the audacity to want fucking save files and wasting my time with reporting it!!!
Oh woe is you. Clearly you have much more important things to be doing, like shit posting on here.

I hope they get enough data to patch most of the bugs by this weekend because crashing during loading screens and then having to restart the game with a load screen is just terrible man.

bataille

Arcane
Dang, I've defeated the troll king, conned him into ripping Fartuccio apart, and still no sight of Nok-Nok?! It was stupid to expect him, a goblin, to be among the kobolds. Now I need to find that place from the screenshot: surely a goblin like himself is gonna be among his kin!

I'm a bit anxious, though. Right now it's Jaethal or that ranger guy for Nok-Nok. I'd swap out the ranger, but his damage output with the devourer of metal is so huge that even his alignment can't outweigh it. :negative:

hexer

I hope they get enough data to patch most of the bugs by this weekend because crashing during loading screens and then having to restart the game with a load screen is just terrible man.

Ca you install the game on SSD? I'm not getting loading screen crashes but Unity engine is known to sometimes fuck up basic HD operations due to its slowass internal processes

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom